How many deaths are necessary before something should be banned?

you dont have a right to a car,,
Where is your List of Rights.
Guns are a right.
Cars are not.

get the fuck out with your united nations crap,,

Guns are a right.
Cars are not a right.

Try this again with supporting documentation and evidence.

The narrative: 30,000 people die due to guns, guns should be banned.
Drunk Driving kills 13,000. Does that number have to get to 30,000 before we ban alcohol again?

Drunk Driving | NHTSA.

What about 2nd hand tobacco smoke. According to the CDC, 2nd hand tobacco smoke deaths is estimated at 41,000 deaths. Where is the political and social outcry to ban tobacco.

It's always interesting to me that people are only keen to ban those things they themselves don't personally enjoy.

I'm going to agree with you guys on this list. None of these things or most of these things won't stop gun violence. In fact, maybe more good people with concealed guns would make us safer. If a nut with a gun comes to school, I'd like to know some good people are packing

What are the solutions for gun violence?

Keep Communities Safe
  • Block Concealed Carry Reciprocity.
  • Keep Guns Off Campus.
  • Prohibit Guns in Sensitive Areas.
  • Prohibit Open Carry.
  • Require Permits to Carry Concealed Guns in Public.
  • Strong Standards for Carrying Concealed Guns in Public.
  • Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Assistance Funding.
  • Violence Intervention Programs.

Here are my thoughts:

Keep Communities Safe
    • Legal CCW holders do not commit a statistically significant amount of gun crimes, and as you know (I hope) criminals don't care about the laws.
  • Keep Guns Off Campus.
    • Nearly every campus is already a "gun free zone". How is it working out?
    • Like airports and federal buildings? That's already a law. Criminals don't care.
  • Prohibit Open Carry.
    • The number of people who open carry is infinitesimal, and the number of crimes lawful open carriers commit is even tinier.
    • States and cities with the highest rates of violent crime already do this. Why isn't it working?
    • States and cities with the highest rates of violent crime already do this. Why isn't it working?
    • Sure, let's do it.
    • Has very little/nothing to do with guns, and in any case, law-abiding gun owners don't commit violent crimes.

Here are my thoughts:

Keep Communities Safe
    • Legal CCW holders do not commit a statistically significant amount of gun crimes, and as you know (I hope) criminals don't care about the laws.
  • Keep Guns Off Campus.
    • Nearly every campus is already a "gun free zone". How is it working out?
    • Like airports and federal buildings? That's already a law. Criminals don't care.
  • Prohibit Open Carry.
    • The number of people who open carry is infinitesimal, and the number of crimes lawful open carriers commit is even tinier.
    • Sure, let's do it.
    • Has very little/nothing to do with guns, and in any case, law-abiding gun owners don't commit violent crimes.

Here's some more things we can do. Improve economic opportunities for people. In the last 40 years the middle class is disappearing. All those high paying blue collar jobs went overseas in the 2000's. Not just the 2000's. The 2 decades before and after too. So we lost a lot of good paying blue collar jobs. Back then we had unions who looked out for blue collar workers. And we didn't have to compete with Mexico and China. So I don't want to argue why we are where we are, but the fact is, Capitalism isn't working. Seems like it's just another ism where eventually the rich get richer and take advantage of the rest of us. So free market unregulated capitalism doesn't work.

So, recently I've shown that uneducated whites are living in economic despair. And their crime, drug and death rates are going up more so than everyone else's. Not just men too. Uneducated white women too!!!

So it's no surprise people are going on rampages. They are on drugs or living in despair. And at the same time they're being told it's immigrants or blacks who are the problem. No they aren't. Yet white men are so fucking angry.

Why are so many uneducated men in America so angry? They weren't back when America was great.

So I'm asking where do you get your 'list of rights' ?

Why is owning a gun a right, but owning a car 'is NOT a right' ?
Where does it say this?

I just want to know your source.
my rights come from my humanity,,

having a gun in my pocession doesnt harm anyone,,

driving a car on busy roads is a great risk to others,,

Has very little/nothing to do with guns, and in any case, law-abiding gun owners don't commit violent crimes.
The McMichaels certainly were Law-Abiding gun owners, until they weren't.

Michelson.jpeg

Good Grief.
Who taught you this Load of Crap?
what did I get wrong??

a person has a right to defend themselves,,

a car is a social construct and subject to what society says,,
now if you want to do away with drivers license I am more than happy to agree with you,,

Forum List

Back