How many deaths are necessary before something should be banned?

Nonsense. I watch Court TV, the First 48, Interrogation Cam and I see a lot of red states letting murderers out or only charging them with manslaghter because they want the easy conviction and to lock the guy up but he ends up out in 5 or 8 years to murder again

This happens in too many red states for you to say it's democrats and liberals doing it.

According to TDCJ, there are currently 180 people on Texas's death row, including 7 women.

And why are they in jail for years Texas? Kill them quickly!!!
lawyers and bleeding hearts

No one wants to ban guns. We want background checks and common sense regulations. Same as we do for cars.
What's the number where tobacco and drunk driving deaths require even more regulation or banning to the point that we are seeing with firearms? What's the number?

Those red states have blue cities in them with democrat prosecutors numb nuts.....and democrat party judges.....numb nuts.

And those blue cities have to deal with Republican/non union corporations who create the economic stress that leads minorities, and now UNEDUCATED WHITES to crime and voting against Republican policies.

Nonsense. I watch Court TV, the First 48, Interrogation Cam and I see a lot of red states letting murderers out or only charging them with manslaghter because they want the easy conviction and to lock the guy up but he ends up out in 5 or 8 years to murder again

This happens in too many red states for you to say it's democrats and liberals doing it.

According to TDCJ, there are currently 180 people on Texas's death row, including 7 women.

The death sentence takes a long time to actually happen, everywhere in the US. You know that. It's because we deliberately give the accused every possible chance to escape it.

And those blue cities have to deal with Republican/non union corporations who create the economic stress that leads minorities, and now UNEDUCATED WHITES to crime and voting against Republican policies
Everyone, stay on topic

They tried telling me it's settled and that Republicans would NEVER try to pass a federal law banning abortion. It's a states rights issue and they are happy now.

Liars right?
Let us know when they try.

What's the number where tobacco and drunk driving deaths require even more regulation or banning to the point that we are seeing with firearms? What's the number?
They should ban cigarettes. The only diff is smokers kill themselves, not their neighbors.

Guns are not regulated enough. We should take them much more seriously. I sell an aftermarket product where I can give the company I buy from the serial number and they can tell me when it was purchased, who purchased it.

Background checks, no straw purchases.

IDK. I just know we could do more.

Republicans want to make it easier for nuts to get guns and then execute them after they kill your mother or child. Too late c*&t.

Try this again with supporting documentation and evidence.

The narrative: 30,000 people die due to guns, guns should be banned.
Drunk Driving kills 13,000. Does that number have to get to 30,000 before we ban alcohol again?

Drunk Driving | NHTSA.

What about 2nd hand tobacco smoke. According to the CDC, 2nd hand tobacco smoke deaths is estimated at 41,000 deaths. Where is the political and social outcry to ban tobacco.

Progressives and liberals will never ban those things they just make it difficult to smoke and look the other way on drunk driving. They need to disarm Joe public to enact their evil rights removing policies.

No one wants to ban guns. We want background checks and common sense regulations. Same as we do for cars.
Yeah... no.
If by "we" you mean Democrats, sorry but almost every Democrat prosecutor in cities voted in are extremely soft on crime, even refusing to prosecute repeat offendors.
You don't get to make a claim like that while voting in a bunch of prosecutorial anarchist who flat out are allowing crime to skyrocket in most American cities.

we already have both of those and more,,

you dont have a right to a car,,
I pretty much do recognize the right to drive a car as something you do gain at age 16, until you screw yours up by failing to go along with proper regulation, to make it safe for you to be on the road with others that do. Then you should lose it and if necessary, be jailed to keep you from doing it.

Cigarettes? There has been a public outcry to ban them going forward since the late 60s. People like me, have been forced from common inside areas and taxed beyond belief, supporting all sorts of unrelated revenue shortfalls, deemed worthy of government funding by somebody or some group. I don't smoke, even in my wife's car or our home, much less anybody else's or even in bars, though I rare visit a bar anymore. Being healthier and in better shape than anybody I know, I'd just as soon be left the fk alone. I should actually be thanked for all good works I support with my sin taxes, the "good" Americans don't wish to fund generally.

It is unlikely, they will ever have another ban on drinking, or an outright ban on cigarettes. The last prohibition did little or nothing except to spark highly lucrative major crime and black market fortunes, along with violence and deaths reported in the newspapers, never ending the problem they meant to attack.

They should ban cigarettes. The only diff is smokers kill themselves, not their neighbors.

Guns are not regulated enough. We should take them much more seriously. I sell an aftermarket product where I can give the company I buy from the serial number and they can tell me when it was purchased, who purchased it.

IDK. I just know we could do more.

Republicans want to make it easier for nuts to get guns and then execute them after they kill your mother or child. Too late c*&t.
I agree.

but to make it stick, start handing out jail/prison sentences.

I pretty much do recognize the right to drive a car as something you do gain at age 16, until you screw yours up by failing to go along with proper regulation, to make it safe for you to be on the road with others that do. Then you should lose it and if necessary, be jailed to keep you from doing it.

Cigarettes? There has been a public outcry to ban them going forward since the late 60s. People like me, have been forced from common inside areas and taxed beyond belief, supporting all sorts of unrelated revenue shortfalls, deemed worthy of government funding by somebody or some group. I don't smoke, even in my wife's car or our home, much less anybody else's or even in bars, though I rare visit a bar anymore. Being healthier and in better shape than anybody I know, I'd just as soon be left the fk alone. I should actually be thanked for all good works I support with my sin taxes, the "good" Americans don't wish to fund generally.

It is unlikely, they will ever have another ban on drinking, or an outright ban on cigarettes. The last prohibition did little or nothing except to spark highly lucrative major crime and black market fortunes, along with violence and deaths reported in the newspapers, never ending the problem they meant to attack.
when I can figure out how thats relevant I will get back to you,,

Pretty soon they will be able to make plastic guns in a 3d printer.
they can now.

However

Forum List

Back