How many deaths are necessary before something should be banned?

LibertyKid

Platinum Member
May 26, 2021
Try this again with supporting documentation and evidence.

The narrative: 30,000 people die due to guns, guns should be banned.
Drunk Driving kills 13,000. Does that number have to get to 30,000 before we ban alcohol again?

Drunk Driving | NHTSA.

What about 2nd hand tobacco smoke. According to the CDC, 2nd hand tobacco smoke deaths is estimated at 41,000 deaths. Where is the political and social outcry to ban tobacco.

Drunk Driving kills 13,000. Does that number have to get to 30,000 before we ban alcohol again?

Drunk Driving | NHTSA.

What about 2nd hand tobacco smoke. According to the CDC, 2nd hand tobacco smoke deaths is estimated at 41,000 deaths. Where is the political and social outcry to ban tobacco.

No one wants to ban guns. We want background checks and common sense regulations. Same as we do for cars.

No one wants to ban guns. We want background checks and common sense regulations. Same as we do for cars.

we already have both of those and more,,

you dont have a right to a car,,
Sure you have a right to a car. But you have to take a drivers test. I believe they do a background check on you too before giving you a license. Like, maybe you are drunk driver from Florida. Or maybe you have a suspended license.

I can't go to a car show and get a car/license/insurance for my car without going through the DMV but I can make a straw purchase to own a gun?

See my point?

Sure you have a right to a car. But you have to take a drivers test. I believe they do a background check on you too before giving you a license. Like, maybe you are drunk driver from Florida. Or maybe you have a suspended license.

I can't go to a car show and get a car/license/insurance for my car without going through the DMV but I can make a straw purchase to own a gun?

See my point?
straw purchases are illegal.
Guns are a right.
Cars are not.
Do you see my points?

Drunk Driving | NHTSA.

War has never been banned and it has killed many people. Bacteria has killed the most.

See my point?
thats a privilege not a right,,

You already have background checks......and we have thousands of gun laws on the books already......

What we don't have is criminal control, because the democrat party keeps releasing the most violent gun offenders over and over again no matter how many gun felonies they have.

See my point?
yes, I see your point.

it's just couple of inches above your eyebrows.

See my point?

Moron.....if someone makes a straw purchase, that means they have a clean record, and can pass the already Federally mandated Background check.....

If someone can pass the federal background check for a gun store purchase, they can pass any other background check as well...you freaking doofus.

You already have background checks......and we have thousands of gun laws on the books already......

What we don't have is criminal control, because the democrat party keeps releasing the most violent gun offenders over and over again no matter how many gun felonies they have.
Nonsense. I watch Court TV, the First 48, Interrogation Cam and I see a lot of red states letting murderers out or only charging them with manslaghter because they want the easy conviction and to lock the guy up but he ends up out in 5 or 8 years to murder again

This happens in too many red states for you to say it's democrats and liberals doing it.

According to TDCJ, there are currently 180 people on Texas's death row, including 7 women.

And why are they in jail for years Texas? Kill them quickly!!!

Nonsense. I watch Court TV, the First 48, Interrogation Cam and I see a lot of red states letting murderers out or only charging them with manslaghter because they want the easy conviction and to lock the guy up but he ends up out in 5 or 8 years to murder again

This happens in too many red states for you to say it's democrats and liberals doing it.

According to TDCJ, there are currently 180 people on Texas's death row, including 7 women.

Those red states have blue cities in them with democrat prosecutors numb nuts.....and democrat party judges.....numb nuts.

they are in jail because Liberals put dozens of roadblocks to executing them up. As for red states and criminals I suggest you look at what city they are from and who the Judges and Prosecutors of those cities vote for.

Forum List

Back