How is Romney Different Than Bush?

I have been asking this and no one seems to be able to answer.

The great concern with Romney as president isn’t Romney, it’s the return to the WH of the usual republican suspects and conservative criminal element – the likes of Cheney, Gonzalez, and Libby. Even more horrendous is the prospect of the return of GWB-Era sycophants, re-treads, and partisan hacks that will also bring back the same failed, disastrous policies of that failed, disastrous administration.

The Nation is still recovering from the Bush fiasco; the Nation needs at least another 4 more years of recuperation.
How was adding five trillion more dollars of debt in less than four year's helping the Nation recuperate? How many more trillions in debt will we need for recuperation in the next four year's?

FDR invested in America to get us out of the Great Depression and the GOP faught him on it back then just like they are fighting Obama.

Remember it was Bushes tax breaks, deregulations, sending jobs overseas, high gas prices and two wars that are bankrupting us. Not to mention that soon one of the largest contributors to the debt will be the interest on the debt. Romney isn't Ron Paul so don't act like he's going to fix this problem.

So you are saying we can look forward to a Romney Presidency that doesn't tax the rich their fair share, doesn't spend on infrastructure and ends social security and medicare in order to balance his budget and continue to spend more than the rest of the world combined on the militiary. The Koch brothers will love it.

Oh, and Romney won't raise taxes. That is how he is different than Bush. What Romney does is charge "fees". Want to drive on that road? $5 bucks! Want to own a car? $300 registration FEE every year. One way or the other, he's gonna get your middle class money. But the rich won't pay their fair share. Wake up people.

Easy. Romney is 8 times more rich than Bush and he's not as funny.

And he is still going to beat Obama's ass this Novermber.

I started a thread called "if you think Romney is going to beat Obama"

Please go say that there so I can call you out after the election. I want to be able to say I told you so when you are proven wrong. Just like McCain.

The great concern with Romney as president isn’t Romney, it’s the return to the WH of the usual republican suspects and conservative criminal element – the likes of Cheney, Gonzalez, and Libby. Even more horrendous is the prospect of the return of GWB-Era sycophants, re-treads, and partisan hacks that will also bring back the same failed, disastrous policies of that failed, disastrous administration.

The Nation is still recovering from the Bush fiasco; the Nation needs at least another 4 more years of recuperation.

And you're going to accomplish that by putting someone who continued Bush era policies back in to office? Let me know how that turns out.:cuckoo:

And he is still going to beat Obama's ass this Novermber.

I started a thread called "if you think Romney is going to beat Obama"

Please go say that there so I can call you out after the election. I want to be able to say I told you so when you are proven wrong. Just like McCain.

And what will you say when obama loses, tough guy?

See, Democrats don't hide their agenda from the public and then spring it on them after they win.

Did the GOP say they were going to attack Planned Parenthood, birth control and abortion?

Did Snyder say he was going to appoint Emergency Financial Managers?

Did Paul Ryan say he was going to kill social security and medicare?

Did Scott Walker say he was going to try to get rid of Collective Bargaining?

Did Bush tell us he was going to go to war with Iraq?

Did they tell us they planned on passing Citizens United or let there be a public debate before they made their decision?

You know our positions. Stop corporations from polluting. Make the tax system fair. Bring jobs home. End oil subsodies. Reform healthcare. Cap and Trade. Pro choice. Gay rights. No war with Iran. Pro unions.

I kind of agree with you here. The GOP is more despicable because of their empty campaign rhetoric. Nobody knows what Mitt will do, but I'm don't trust the open Democrat agenda any more than i trust the hidden GOP agenda.

One more thing Obama is willing to go to war with Iran.....

See, Democrats don't hide their agenda from the public and then spring it on them after they win.

Did the GOP say they were going to attack Planned Parenthood, birth control and abortion?

Did Snyder say he was going to appoint Emergency Financial Managers?

Did Paul Ryan say he was going to kill social security and medicare?

Did Scott Walker say he was going to try to get rid of Collective Bargaining?

Did Bush tell us he was going to go to war with Iraq?

Did they tell us they planned on passing Citizens United or let there be a public debate before they made their decision?

You know our positions. Stop corporations from polluting. Make the tax system fair. Bring jobs home. End oil subsodies. Reform healthcare. Cap and Trade. Pro choice. Gay rights. No war with Iran. Pro unions.

I kind of agree with you here. The GOP is more despicable because of their empty campaign rhetoric. Nobody knows what Mitt will do, but I'm don't trust the open Democrat agenda any more than i trust the hidden GOP agenda.

One more thing Obama is willing to go to war with Iran.....

Really? Because the right pushed Clinton to go to war with Iraq and he didn't bite and the GOP/Chaney/McCain in 2008 were pushing really hard for war with Iran and 4 years later we haven't invaded. Want war with Iran? Vote Romney.

P.S. Ted Nugent is a domestic terrorist saying if Obama wins next year he'll either be dead or in jail. What actions will cause either of those things? The Dixie Chicks only said they were embarrassed to be from the same state as Bush and you guys boycotted them. Ted is threatening violence if Obama wins. No way you can say he wasn't making a threat. And if Obama had to make a speech disavowing Rev. Wright, I think we need to hear from Mitt on his feelings about what Ted said. Tagg Romney/Team Romney 2 weeks ago were THRILLED to have Ted's endorsement. Do they still feel that way?

FDR invested in America to get us out of the Great Depression

And he ended up crushing a nascent recovery and prolonging the depression.

Not true but that won't stop you from repeating the lie. You guys have been repeating it for decades. FALSE!

After the Republican Great Depression, FDR put this nation back to work, in part by raising taxes on income above $3 to $4 million a year (in today's dollars) to 91 percent, and corporate taxes to over 50% of profits. The revenue from those income taxes built dams, roads, bridges, sewers, water systems, schools, hospitals, train stations, railways, an interstate highway system, and airports. It educated a generation returning from World War II. It acted as a cap on the rare but occasional obsessively greedy person taking so much out of the economy that it impoverished the rest of us.

When conservatives rail in the media of the dangers of "returning to Smoot Hawley, which created the Great Depression," all they do is reveal their ignorance of economics and history. The Smoot-Hawley tariff legislation, which increased taxes on some imported goods by a third to two-thirds to protect American industries, was signed into law on June 17, 1930, well into the Great Depression. In the following two years, international trade dropped from 6 percent of GNP to roughly 2 percent of GNP (between 1930 and 1932), but most of that was the result of the depression going worldwide, not Smoot-Hawley. The main result of Smoot-Hawley was that American businesses now had strong financial incentives to do business with other American companies, rather than bring in products made with cheaper foreign labor: Americans started trading with other Americans.

Smoot-Hawley "protectionist" legislation did not cause the Great Depression, and while it may have had a slight short-term negative effect on the economy ("1.4 percent at most" according to many historians) its long-term effect was to bring American jobs back to America.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Well, neither Romney and Bush can open their mouths without saying something really stupid. Neither of them were/are qualified to actually DO anything, both see the tax payer as their own private petty cash fund, both lie with almost every word. Neither have a political position, except plutocracy. They're just what they're told to be and that can and does change as often as they change their underwear. Romney will do as Rove and Norquist order him to do, just as Bush did ...

Okay, I give up.

How are they different?

Well then see there, YOU have something in common with them then.

And I'm surprised the right can't answer this very simple question because during the GOP Primaries they all thought Mitt was too liberal. Why else was the entire process anyone but Mitt? So it should be easy explaining the differences in their policies.

Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman and of course Ron Paul. Except for Ron Paul, how are any of these candidates different than Bush?

My theory on this is that they put Mitt up against all these wack jobs to make him seem more moderate. Brilliant.

But like all Republicans, they don't think any military spending is bad.

flashback President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America.

The War On Waste - CBS News

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

The bigger question is, why do you care? it's not like you're going to vote for him..
You are stuck casting your vote for someone who over 50% of the American people disapprove of..darn

Last edited:

The bigger question is, why do you care? it's not like you're going to vote for him..
You are stuck casting your vote for someone who over 50% of the American people disapprove of..darn

Really?

Romney the Centrist Peeks Out - NYTimes.com

In the primaries, Romney’s target audience was well to the right of the mainstream.

In the general election, however, voters are less inclined to adopt hostile views towards social security and medicare. Romney will have to carry a strong majority of voters over 65 if he is to win.

In a March 29 Pew Poll, Romney was losing to Obama among women by 20 points, 58-38. Among white women, a group he must carry by at least 10 points to win in November, he was just breaking even with Obama, 48-48.

A March 24-25 CNN/ORC International survey showed the following: In a head-to-head match up, Obama led Romney by 16 points, 56-40, among all voters.

When voters were asked if they had a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Romney, unfavorable trumped favorable by 12 points, 49-37.

In the case of Obama, the numbers were reversed. Among all voters, a 14-point majority, 56-42, viewed him favorably.

Perhaps equally troubling for Romney, the same survey reveals that the Republican Party is currently held in substantially lower esteem than the Democratic Party by both men and women.

For Romney, the most important voters are white and he is falling far short of the margins he must win among these voters in order to prevail on November 6.

At this stage the most conspicuous difference between the two is Romney is not as arrogantly and aggressively stupid as Bush plainly is.

At this stage the most conspicuous difference between the two is Romney is not as arrogantly and aggressively stupid as Bush plainly is.

Maybe you've been busy lately and haven't heard, but President Bush is no longer in office.

Do you think their ratings go up or down if the race is close? Like a sporting event. You change the channel if its a blow out.

Are they polling in swing states or Texas?

Plus the media is owned by corporations and the advertisers that pay for commercials. Oil companies, healthcare giants, gun companies. I heard one today. cheapasdirt.com? I'm going to go check it out and buy a gun.

Here is how I know these polls are full of shit. They were neck and neck before the birth control issue. That issue created a 19 point gender gap with women. Yet still they are neck and neck? :eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back