How is Romney Different Than Bush?

The Ryan Plan is political suicide. End of story.

And Romney said the Ryan plan was marvelous. Just wait till people figure all this out. Romney is on the wrong side of every issue. But watch him back track on his positions now that he has the nomination. He's going to take back what he said in the primaries to the right wing voters. But that's ok. We have him on tape. Gonna make for some great attack ads.

And who's he lying to? Them, us or both of us?

Last edited:

Do you think their ratings go up or down if the race is close? Like a sporting event. You change the channel if its a blow out.

Are they polling in swing states or Texas?

Plus the media is owned by corporations and the advertisers that pay for commercials. Oil companies, healthcare giants, gun companies. I heard one today. cheapasdirt.com? I'm going to go check it out and buy a gun.

Here is how I know these polls are full of shit. They were neck and neck before the birth control issue. That issue created a 19 point gender gap with women. Yet still they are neck and neck? :eusa_liar:

Ah, it can't be true if it doesn't suit the lefties agenda, of course. Just like the voting machines that are always broken and/or tampered with when a Republican wins but work just fine when a democrat wins. Funny how that goes...

You're fucking shameless, tough-guy.

The only women that support Romney are uneducated poor white women. That says a lot too. We need to wake them up. Chances are they are religous and anti abortion.

Look at all the favorite lefty bromides in that one post! You got your fabricated class division, your 'elitist' disdain for anyone who didn't graduate from Harvard, your anti-religion bigotry, your worship of death, and the very worn out calls to 'wake up,' 'open your eyes,' 'think for yourself,' 'vote your own best interests,' 'stop being fooled by x,' etc. that are obvious code words for, 'just shut up and think what we tell you to, you ignorant slobs!' All in a transparent and failed attempt to draw attention away from facts that the central planning committee hasn't yet provided shills like you with talking points to distort and lie about. Quite an effort there, tough-guy. :rolleyes:

I have been asking this and no one seems to be able to answer.

Easy. Romney is 8 times more rich than Bush and he's not as funny.

But like all Republicans, they don't think any military spending is bad.

flashback President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America.

The War On Waste - CBS News

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

Bush's spending was beyond belief, it and the USA PATRIOT act are why I am very unhappy with him as a president. But how can YOU bash BUSH's spending when you support Barack Obama????

LMFAO, his rate of spend eclipse's W's and it has gotten us nothing in return.

Get a clue.

Bush's spending was beyond belief, it and the USA PATRIOT act are why I am very unhappy with him as a president. But how can YOU bash BUSH's spending when you support Barack Obama????

Get a clue.
Are you considering the respective purposes of both Presidents reported spending? I,e., the primary objects of Bush's profligate spending are the Iraq invasion and occupation and the tax cuts for his One Percenter cronies -- neither of which were included in Bush's published budget but have been absorbed by Obama's published budget, causing the appearance of excess.

And please understand I am not an Obama apologist. I criticize him where it's due.

I have been asking this and no one seems to be able to answer.

Ha! Not even the great Rubio can answer this question!

Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio on Sunday refused to explain how a potential Romney administration would be different from George W. Bush's administration, but insisted that the last Republican president "did a fantastic job" and his brother, former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL), would be a "fantastic vice president."

Rubio: George W. Bush 'Did a Fantastic Job as President' | Video Cafe

And no one can say I am just repeating what I'm being told, because I asked this question over a week ago. :lol:

Well, neither Romney and Bush can open their mouths without saying something really stupid. Neither of them were/are qualified to actually DO anything, both see the tax payer as their own private petty cash fund, both lie with almost every word. Neither have a political position, except plutocracy. They're just what they're told to be and that can and does change as often as they change their underwear. Romney will do as Rove and Norquist order him to do, just as Bush did ...

Okay, I give up.

How are they different?

You just described Barry the Boiking to a T.

Easy. Romney is 8 times more rich than Bush and he's not as funny.

flashback President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

Get a clue.

The GOP's policies are making the middle class disappear. Whoever spends more, Bush's policies are putting the nations wealth in the hands of the top 1%. That means less for you. So you get a clue. Spending shpending.

Get a clue.

The GOP's policies are making the middle class disappear. Whoever spends more, Bush's policies are putting the nations wealth in the hands of the top 1%. That means less for you. So you get a clue. Spending shpending.

What GOP policies? And adding $5,000,000,000,000 debt in 3 fucking years isn't an issue?

Frankly I think the question is irrelevant as I would vote for Bush over Obama too.

We know you would. 40% of the voters would vote for Bush in a heartbeat. 40% wouldn't. What about the other 20% that we fight over every 4 years? You think they liked Bush? Too soon. They haven't forgotten yet. It took dumb Americans 8 years to forget about HW Bush. No way they have forgotten GW in 4.

Get a clue.

Aw, look at little tough-guy playing fantasy campaign manager! So cute. I really hope the obama people listen to someone like you and try to run against Bush in 2012. That would work out great for getting obama out of office.

Frankly I think the question is irrelevant as I would vote for Bush over Obama too.

We know you would. 40% of the voters would vote for Bush in a heartbeat. 40% wouldn't. What about the other 20% that we fight over every 4 years? You think they liked Bush? Too soon. They haven't forgotten yet. It took dumb Americans 8 years to forget about HW Bush. No way they have forgotten GW in 4.

You need to take that thinking to its logical conclusion, tough-guy.

How is Romney Different Than Bush?

Mittens has yet to swap spit with an arab sheik in return for money?

I found some differences:

8 Reasons Why Mitt Romney Is More Right-Wing Than George W. Bush

8 Reasons Why Mitt Romney Is More Right Wing Than George W. Bush

1. Bush passed a huge tax cut plan, mostly benefiting the wealthy. Romney’s tax cut plan is four times larger, more heavily weighted to benefit ultra wealthy.

2. Bush signed the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law. Romney supports repealing virtually all campaign finance laws.

3. Bush supported comprehesive immigration reform, a path to citizenship for 12 million undocumented immigrants and provisions of the DREAM Act. Romney opposes all of it.

4. Bush enacted a historic expansion of Medicare. Romney wants to end Medicare as we know it.

5. Bush signed a substantial increase to the minimum wage. Romney opposes increasing the minimum wage.

6. Bush created higher fuel efficiency standards. Romney says even current standards are too high.

7. Bush acknowledged global warming is caused by humans. Romney says “we don’t know.”

8. Bush lauched one of the biggest land conservation programs in U.S. history. Romney says the federal government owns too much land.

Romney is positioning himself as the most conservative Republican nominee since Barry Goldwater in 1964.

You need to take that thinking to its logical conclusion, tough-guy.

On tax cuts and financial regulation, Mitt takes his cues from the same men who advised George W.

The Romney-Bush mind meld - Salon.com

Forum List

Back