How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to create jobs?

I have been thinking about this for quite some time.
How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to prevent jobs from being created?

So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy).

THE ECONOMY CREATES JOBS.

If all the rich disappeared today - do you think people would just all of a sudden not know how to farm? Would people all of a sudden forget how to practice medicine or how do repair cars or how to wire a house or do plumbing?

On the other hand - if the folks who work for the rich disappeared today, most of the rich would literally starve to death in a matter of weeks.

How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to create jobs?

How has not raising taxes on the wealthy created jobs?

Show a valid report where raising taxes has created any long sustaining economical grouth.

Why? That's not the point, you and the other neo-cons are simply obfuscating.

The issue is the tax breaks for the wealthy are lost revenue (~$700 Billion) and in order to balance the books we need to increase revenue along with cuts in spending.

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy). What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money? Give more money to the super poor? Increase payouts to the welfare crowd? None of that actually creates anything but more of an entitlement generation. It actually kills the real American dream for those who want to be rich and have money. It kills any type of a dream that a person can actually achieve home ownership they can afford and things they may want.

Here's the cold hard truth giving to the poor just makes more poor, when you take from those who have you're actually killing the American dream. Poor people do not hire people to work for them The wealthy do.

I think it's obama's goal not to create anything but equality in the poor house.

It won't create jobs, but neither will cutting their taxes. If you want to create jobs you have to get the middle class spending again. We can either force jobs to pay more through an increase in the minimum wage (this would be a bad idea as jobs would just cut the workforce to compensate this), or we can strengthen the US dollar and increase the purchasing power of wages (great idea as this also allows businesses to purchase materials from overseas at a lower price.

So I say we drop the fake high tax vs. low tax bullshit and do something that will actually matter. Strengthen the US dollar.

Forum List

Back