How is it the Right is Biased but the Left are not?

So now you are saying they are wrong because they wrote into their charter not to discriminate on political viewpoints?

Who is wrong? What Charter?

I'm saying that if you were just staring out in the filming industry and you are conservative, you had to keep your mouth shut, or you would not be able to get good parts.
The Left have admitted it themselves.

How about if you go into a myriad of other fields and you are liberal.

Do you think there is any bias against liberals in some fields?

So now you are saying they are wrong because they wrote into their charter not to discriminate on political viewpoints?

Who is wrong? What Charter?

I'm saying that if you were just staring out in the filming industry and you are conservative, you had to keep your mouth shut, or you would not be able to get good parts.
The Left have admitted it themselves.

How about if you go into a myriad of other fields and you are liberal.

Do you think there is any bias against liberals in some fields?

I think that maybe the military, law enforcement and some businesses are.

Conservatives are just as educated and creative as any liberals.

Why are most people in the entertainment industry and the Arts liberals?

I said this right at the beginning of the post.
The Entertainment industry has more liberals than conservatives. And if you speak out that you are conservative, you a bypassed for any real good roles.
Conservatives in the indrusty are begining to speak out and protest about this.

What do you have to support this theory? Bruce Willis certainly is not ignored.

Only the brain dead are not biased in something. Poltiical bias comes from conviction that one ideology has more to commend it than another or that a certain ideology has too little to commend it to justify electing somebody to office who embraces it. There is no ethical room for bias however in honest evaluation of a concept, in straight news reporting, or in a government classroom.

Unhealthy bias, sometimes including prejudice, is rampant however in government policy, in the media, and in public education. It does not have to be overt. A student may say he never heard a political opinion from a professor, but if you look at the lecture notes, the curriculum, or the way tests are structured, etc., it can be obvious where one point of view is favored or pushed over another and deemed to be more correct than another. If the professor is teaching one point of view and giving short shrift to a 'politically incorrect' point of view, he is short changing the students in their education.

Even when it actually gets all the facts in the story, a newspaper shows bias in how it frames the sentence, where it places the facts in the story, and in certain words used to evoke specific response. For instance criticism or accusation of one politician will include a modifier 'conservative' while another liberal politician isn't identified as 'liberal'. The party of one errant person is attached to his name while the party designation is left off another. Sometimes an unflattering photo is chosen instead of a more generic one to accompany the story. The headline can also be inflammatory in a way that the substance of the story is not.

It is my opinion that leftwing politicians, educators, and media is more prone to obvious bias than are rightwing politicians, educators, and media.

But of course my opinion could be colored by my own bias too. :)

I see the Liberals as being the most biased.
The Majority of news and newspapers hire liberals, over conservatives.
The Entertainment industry has more liberals than conservatives. And if you speak out that you are conservative, you a bypassed for any real good roles.
The majority of scientists are liberal with only 6% being conservative.
The majority of college professors are liberal.
There is a very small amount of or no representation in unions or the AARP.
All of our public schools system is based on liberal ideology.
Any woman who calls herself conservative is blasted and to hell with equal opportunity by liberal women's groups.
So who is biased?

How does the fact that liberals tend to dominate a particular profession mean that the left is biased?

They don't hire very many conservatives.

Look at the attackers of Fox news and talk radio.
The left hate Fox, how many would go balistic if there were 3 or 4 conservative news outlets?

No - most conservatives don't apply for employment. Let's consider science. Most self respecting conservatives I know don't believe in science. Higher education. Most conservatives I know are suspicious of "elitists" and perceive college professors as being of this class.

Stop and think for a moment about the phrase you are using here: "conservative news outlets." News is not supposed to be conservative or liberal. News is supposed to consist of neutral, FACTS. News is what it is. It is supposed to be a presentation of what is happening, without regard to political considerations one way or the other.

While I'm at it, I would suggest you take a look at talk radio and see what percentage of this medium is occupied by conservative talk show hosts, and what percentage is liberal. I realize that talk radio is opinion, not news, but nonetheless - conservatives OWN talk radio across the country.

Conservatives are just as educated and creative as any liberals.

Why are most people in the entertainment industry and the Arts liberals?

I said this right at the beginning of the post.
Conservatives in the industry are beginning to speak out and protest about this.

What do you have to support this theory? Bruce Willis certainly is not ignored.

Hollywood Finally Admits It Discriminates Against Conservatives -- Could This Be the Start of Something Big? - FoxNews.com

Neither Was Charlton Heston. As long as you are a big star.
If you started out in the industry you had to keep your mouth shut until you did make it big.

Any woman who calls herself conservative is blasted and to hell with equal opportunity by liberal women's groups.
So who is biased?

What you fail to see is what makes you a conservative.

So who is biased?

I like to have our Government balance it's budget like most blue dogs do.

How does the fact that liberals tend to dominate a particular profession mean that the left is biased?

The left hate Fox, how many would go balistic if there were 3 or 4 conservative news outlets?

No - most conservatives don't apply for employment. Let's consider science. Most self respecting conservatives I know don't believe in science. Higher education. Most conservatives I know are suspicious of "elitists" and perceive college professors as being of this class.

Stop and think for a moment about the phrase you are using here: "conservative news outlets." News is not supposed to be conservative or liberal. News is supposed to consist of neutral, FACTS. News is what it is. It is supposed to be a presentation of what is happening, without regard to political considerations one way or the other.

While I'm at it, I would suggest you take a look at talk radio and see what percentage of this medium is occupied by conservative talk show hosts, and what percentage is liberal. I realize that talk radio is opinion, not news, but nonetheless - conservatives OWN talk radio across the country.

EXACTLY. Thank you. News is supposed to be factual. Not slanted, not twisted, not angled, not editorialized. FACTS.

[
I have stated the evidence of Democrats who have been arrested and sent to jail for voter fraud. No republicans have been arrested and sent to jail for voter fraud that I am aware of.
A simple Google search of "republican arrested for voter fraud" will dissuade you of that naive notion.

I did say that I am aware of,because I wan't sure.
Many more Dems , especially ACORN have been arrested than the Republicans.
But with more arrests and convictions of voter fraud, is why we need voter Id.
87 convictions were just last year.

Got a link to back up your assertions? I did a simple google search of "voter fraud arrests" and got a lot of Republicans and some non-partisans (school district races).

Speaking as a former member of the old school media, any hint of personal opinion or bias in a news story would get you a stern reprimand from the city desk editor. If obviously intentional, it could get you fired. That is no longer the case however subtle the bias is included these days and how so many people think it isn't bias.

Fox News has actually been rated among the most objective in its news reporting but it is seen as biased by many on the left. Why? Because its editorial content is largely conservative or tilts right which generates distaste or prejudice on the part of many of those on the left, plus they see giving any credibility to any view but the liberal one as promoting the other side. They are often unable to see that their own side is also given a fair hearing.

Conservative talk radio is largely conservative because it has enough substance to attract and hold a steady audience. Liberal talk radio for the most part simply doesn't. Liberals usually don't discuss concepts but focus on personalities or people or groups to criticize, accuse, or ridicule. Conservative talk radio does some of that too, but when that is ALL that you hear, it becomes really boring to even liberals after awhile. Without an audience, advertisers aren't interested, and without advertisers or somebody to subsidize it, the program will fold.

Speaking as a former member of the old school media, any hint of personal opinion or bias in a news story would get you a stern reprimand from the city desk editor. If obviously intentional, it could get you fired. That is no longer the case however subtle the bias is included these days and how so many people think it isn't bias.

I think bias can be shown by what you present, rather than how you present it. For example, completely factual news presentations can be made, all of them showing conservatives doing good things and liberals doing bad things. Nothing at all incorrect or inaccurate about any of the presentations. I submit this is what Fox News does to a large extent. Can I give examples? No, because (1) I don't want to take the time to hunt them down and (2) I don't watch Fox News that much. But I watch it enough to know that the content of many of their news stories, while perhaps totally accurate, tend to sway towards stores that are favorable to conservatives and not so favorable to liberals.

Fox News has actually been rated among the most objective in its news reporting but it is seen as biased by many on the left. Why? Because its editorial content is largely conservative or tilts right which generates distaste or prejudice on the part of many of those on the left, plus they see giving any credibility to any view but the liberal one as promoting the other side. They are often unable to see that their own side is also given a fair hearing.

See my comments, above.

Conservative talk radio is largely conservative because it has enough substance to attract and hold a steady audience. Liberal talk radio for the most part simply doesn't. Liberals usually don't discuss concepts but focus on personalities or people or groups to criticize, accuse, or ridicule. Conservative talk radio does some of that too, but when that is ALL that you hear, it becomes really boring to even liberals after awhile. Without an audience, advertisers aren't interested, and without advertisers or somebody to subsidize it, the program will fold.

I would agree with all of this, with the added comment that liberal talk radio has never made it off the ground and never will, largely because, generally speaking, liberals simply don't like to listen to political talk radio whereas conservatives do. I know that conservatives love to trumpet conservative radio as being so successful due to the large audiences it attracts. I would submit that the size of the audience is not necessarily the best indicator of the quality of the presentation. Train wrecks draw huge crowds; classical music conerts not quite so many.

So who is biased?

I like to have our Government balance it's budget like most blue dogs do.

I suspect you need to do some homework and look into what Blue Dog Democrats, conservative Republicans and mainstread members from both parties in The Congress bring home to their districts.

You might also consider what a balanced amendment means in practical terms, budgets are plans which are usually modified as events dictate. Those in Congress who are advocating a balanced budget amendment are first class demagogues, able to fool some of the people all of the time. Try not to be one of them.

Last edited:
The majority of scientist, professors and entertainers are liberal and you ask what is wrong with liberals?

Whats wrong with republicans that they don't exist more heavily in intellectual and entertainment fields?

So who is biased?

There is a difference between "bias" and "ignorance". Clearly, you are ignorant.

I can explain some of those. The majority of news are conservative, otherwise, if they had done their job, we never would have been in Iraq. Score one for ignorance.

The entertainment industry has more liberals because "conservatism is the opposite of creativity". Creative people want to expand the boundaries, conservatives want to keep things the same. Everyone knows this. Even conservatives. Another point for ignorance.
For the same reason, the majority of scientist are liberal. Conservatives think science is a "faith", evolution a "lie" and climate change a "conspiracy". Not a group that would produce many scientists, obviously.

All schools can't be "liberal", otherwise, you wouldn't have Republican Presidential Nominee Michelle Bachmann saying our founding fathers were against slavery. Or Sarah Palin saying that Paul Revere road to warn the British.

Based on the evidence, I would say everyone has some bias but you are most certainly "ignorant". To explain the rest is to waste even more valuable time on the "ignorant". After all, how many right wingers feel they are "scientific" but also believe "Noah's flood created the Grand Canyon"?

Forum List

Back