How is it the Right is Biased but the Left are not?

The numbers don't lie.
There is only 6% of conservatives in the science field.
The college's will not hire equal amounts of college professor's, who are conservative as well as liberal.
Some liberal college's will not allow conservative view points to be heard. Or guest speakers.

So in your opinion when the department head of a particular science at a university is interviewing candidates for a professor job, the head asks him/her about her political idealogy?

That's quite a conspiracy theory.

The numbers don't lie.
The college's will not hire equal amounts of college professor's, who are conservative as well as liberal.
Some liberal college's will not allow conservative view points to be heard. Or guest speakers.

So in your opinion when the department head of a particular science at a university is interviewing candidates for a professor job, the head asks him/her about her political idealogy?

It's not that simple. For one thing, colleges behave similar to labor unions in some ways. Given that much of their research is funded by grants from the government. They tend to support liberals generally because liberals are much more forthcoming with the cash they need to study primates in Borneo or wild fruit in Fiji.

Other thing is, there are certain points of academia that are considered "liberal" or "conservative". You'll find more of this in, say, English departments and law schools than art history, but the academic process isn't just "the best and brightest gets the job", it's HIGHLY political.

The numbers don't lie.

It's not that simple. For one thing, colleges behave similar to labor unions in some ways. Given that much of their research is funded by grants from the government. They tend to support liberals generally because liberals are much more forthcoming with the cash they need to study primates in Borneo or wild fruit in Fiji.

Other thing is, there are certain points of academia that are considered "liberal" or "conservative". You'll find more of this in, say, English departments and law schools than art history, but the academic process isn't just "the best and brightest gets the job", it's HIGHLY political.

Sorry, I'm going to need to see specific incidents of this. I was in college for many years and never had any clue which professors were liberal or conservative, and couldn't have cared less.

They agree it is likely that temperature is affected by anthropogenic sources. Unlike you scientists dealing with a system as large as our atmosphere rarely deal in absolutes, thats why thier findings are filled with words like "possibly" "could" and "correlation". The issue becomes when people take the studies referenced and try to use them to further thier political goals, kind of like you do, only smarter.

Speaking just for me, it is not whether or not mankind has affected the environment but rather the fear-mongering that goes along with the Gore campaign to send mankind back to the stone ages.

I believe in protecting the environment. I think we should make every effort to be "green" and I believe we will.

Unfortunately, the GW liberals (and not all liberals fit in that category) want to sell their philosophy and their products to force the rest of the world to live like they think we should while they profit on our compliance.

Immie

No way, you mean business people use politics to make money?

We are a capitalistic society, making money is a good thing right?

Now if you can make money and help the country take a path that will benifit them in the end why do you see that as some horrible thing?

Now what do you think about companies that use politics to hold progress back because they own the OLD tech and make big bucks off of it.

That is what the Gore plan is fighting.

People can make money by whatever legal means they can come up with.

I, simply, do not have to buy their products. I can choose not to buy for any reason I want such as this... I despise High Pressure Sales Techniques. If I get wind that that is how you go about selling your product, you won't even get your foot in the door. If you do get in the door and you start that shit with me, you will find yourself on your backside on my front porch.

The AGW Tactics = High Pressure Sales = no foot in my door.

Immie

Last edited:
Depends on what college you attended, and how long ago it was.
Calif. U very liberal.
Some mid west colleges not so much.

Ohio State and recently, never heard a single political opinion from a professor no matter what course I was in.

Do you ever listen to what you say? Talk about biased.
Conservatives are just as educated and creative as any liberals.
There is stupid people in both ideologies.

Read the list though. Scientists, college professors, etc.

That is what I am talking about.
Liberal infiltrated institutions who will not hire conservatives because they are biased.

Or they hire the more competent. You have nothing to back up your theory of bias. The scientists and college professors are where they are because of the degrees they have obtained.

The numbers don't lie.

Why is it cons dont major in science?

Because its alot of work and thinking without the big bucks pay.

How can they hire equal numbers when there are not enough cons with the degrees?

Why are most people in the entertainment industry and the Arts liberals?

Why are most people in the entertainment industry and the Arts liberals?

I said this right at the beginning of the post.
The Entertainment industry has more liberals than conservatives. And if you speak out that you are conservative, you a bypassed for any real good roles.
Conservatives in the indrusty are begining to speak out and protest about this.

They can take their money and make their own films.

Conservatives are just not as interested in the arts.

Its hard to make money at them.

So now you are saying they are wrong because they wrote into their charter not to discriminate on political viewpoints?

[
I have stated the evidence of Democrats who have been arrested and sent to jail for voter fraud. No republicans have been arrested and sent to jail for voter fraud that I am aware of.
A simple Google search of "republican arrested for voter fraud" will dissuade you of that naive notion.

I did say that I am aware of,because I wan't sure.
Many more Dems , especially ACORN have been arrested than the Republicans.
But with more arrests and convictions of voter fraud, is why we need voter Id.
87 convictions were just last year.

So now you are saying they are wrong because they wrote into their charter not to discriminate on political viewpoints?

Who is wrong? What Charter?

I'm saying that if you were just staring out in the filming industry and you are conservative, you had to keep your mouth shut, or you would not be able to get good parts.
The Left have admitted it themselves.

I see the Liberals as being the most biased.
The Majority of news and newspapers hire liberals, over conservatives.
The Entertainment industry has more liberals than conservatives. And if you speak out that you are conservative, you a bypassed for any real good roles.
The majority of scientists are liberal with only 6% being conservative.
The majority of college professors are liberal.
There is a very small amount of or no representation in unions or the AARP.
All of our public schools system is based on liberal ideology.
Any woman who calls herself conservative is blasted and to hell with equal opportunity by liberal women's groups.
So who is biased?

How does the fact that liberals tend to dominate a particular profession mean that the left is biased?

I see the Liberals as being the most biased.
The Majority of news and newspapers hire liberals, over conservatives.
The majority of scientists are liberal with only 6% being conservative.
The majority of college professors are liberal.
There is a very small amount of or no representation in unions or the AARP.
All of our public schools system is based on liberal ideology.
Any woman who calls herself conservative is blasted and to hell with equal opportunity by liberal women's groups.
So who is biased?

How does the fact that liberals tend to dominate a particular profession mean that the left is biased?

They don't hire very many conservatives.

Look at the attackers of Fox news and talk radio.
The left hate Fox, how many would go balistic if there were 3 or 4 conservative news outlets?

Forum List

Back