How I lost 25 pounds, permanently.

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
This is going to sound a little crazy, but it really worked for me and I bet it can work for you too. I lost 25 pounds, permanently (so far) simply by not being a glutton when I eat. Growing up, I was always thin and ate my parents out of house and home without a care in the world. And in doing so, I had developed a habit at meal time of eating as much as I could possibly shove down my gullet, and maybe one or two bites more. As I grew older, that shit finally caught up to me and I found myself tipping the scales at about 205. At 6' tall, that's not exactly obese, but not where I ought to be either. So a few years ago I made a conscious effort to only eat to the point where I feel mostly full, but know I could certainly jam a bit more down if I tried. And it worked. As I type this now, I'm 180 pounds.

#truestory

This is going to sound a little crazy, but it really worked for me and I bet it can work for you too. I lost 25 pounds, permanently (so far) simply by not being a glutton when I eat. Growing up, I was always thin and ate my parents out of house and home without a care in the world. And in doing so, I had developed a habit at meal time of eating as much as I could possibly shove down my gullet, and maybe one or two bites more. As I grew older, that shit finally caught up to me and I found myself tipping the scales at about 205. At 6' tall, that's not exactly obese, but not where I ought to be either. So a few years ago I made a conscious effort to only eat to the point where I feel mostly full, but know I could certainly jam a bit more down if I tried. And it worked. As I type this now, I'm 180 pounds.

#truestory
Link please

:rofl:

Well smaller portions is definitely the way to go.
If you want to be a glutton, you better be willing to work off the extra calories in exercise.

Any other dieting tricks won't last. You have to work at it.

#truestory
It worked just the opposite for me. Up until a year ago, I'd eat until I was miserable, stuffed, and never gained a pound. For many years, I stayed around 155 pounds. Then, I stopped eating so much, just didn't care to fill myself, and now I weigh 165 pounds. I'm 5' 6'' tall. I had to buy new cloths, and went from a 34 waist to a 36. Actually, if they made them, I could wear 35 inch waist and be comfortable. I'm not obese, but have gained since I stopped eating until I was stuffed.

#truestory
Link please

:rofl:
imagesPKYDBH0T.jpg

ever have one of those moments of epiphany? yep.... I'm there....

#truestory

that is a true story

i took off a bunch of pounds by quitting the drinking of pop

good for you

#truestory
Cut off your head and you'll drop another 50.

Bread products will pack on the pounds more than anything. Occasionally I will fast to shrink my stomach. Regularly over eating will expand it and will take more and more to feel full.

If you want to be a glutton, you better be willing to work off the extra calories in exercise.

Exercise alone is not enough

get out of denial

no you need to limit your caloric intake also... I mean I hate to be rude but this is total common sense....

Exercise alone is not enough

get out of denial

no you need to limit your caloric intake also... I mean I hate to be rude but this is total common sense....

that is all it takes

Bread products will pack on the pounds more than anything. Occasionally I will fast to shrink my stomach. Regularly over eating will expand it and will take more and more to feel full.

I do the same, fast then stomach shrinks so I don't have to eat as much to get full.

Fat cells never go away, and that is why after dieting one can easily fill those cells up again so quickly, so a change in lifestyle is necessary.

Forum List

Back