How large of a military/strategic failure was Hamas attack on Israel? From funding removed from UNRWA, 25% of Hamas neutralized, military gone...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Now I always hope for peace among our deeply flawed species, but, as a peaceful man who turned the other cheek for years, it doesn't work against evil people I can assure you. Thus, Israel reponded to Oct 7th accordingly and what did Hamas achieve by their terror attack? Reports are that 25% of Hamas are gone, 25% severely injured and taken off of the field. Gazans have had to head from their homes, UNWRA has lost $100M annually in funding, Hamas big brother is feeling the heat now and Hamas leaders are on Israels watch list. What am I missimg about this attack that makes sense from the Hamas standpoint? Slowing down the Israel/Saudi Arabia deal? Was that proper compensation for the cost they and Gazans have paid? An absolutely horrible outcome. You would think that some leaders who are safe in another country would be sage-like and wisely tell.them. "lay down your arms, return the hostages.and.surrender". Every day that passes is worse for them and the citizens they claim.to represent. War is hell and no one wins in the end.

Now I always hope for peace among our deeply flawed species, but, as a peaceful man who turned the other cheek for years, it doesn't work against evil people I can assure you. Thus, Israel reponded to Oct 7th accordingly and what did Hamas achieve by their terror attack? Reports are that 25% of Hamas are gone, 25% severely injured and taken off of the field. Gazans have had to head from their homes, UNWRA has lost $100M annually in funding, Hamas big brother is feeling the heat now and Hamas leaders are on Israels watch list. What am I missimg about this attack that makes sense from the Hamas standpoint? Slowing down the Israel/Saudi Arabia deal? Was that proper compensation for the cost they and Gazans have paid? An absolutely horrible outcome. You would think that some leaders who are safe in another country would be sage-like and wisely tell.them. "lay down your arms, return the hostages.and.surrender". Every day that passes is worse for them and the citizens they claim.to represent. War is hell and no one wins in the end.
Hamas knows they are outgunned, so their only goal is to appeal to the world, specifically the Left who hates Zionism and any religion that conflicts with their Leftist religion, like Christianity.

And look at their work after 10/7. Students at Harvard and Australia and around the world are singing "Gas the Jews" with impunity as the media and political leaders dare not hold any of them to account. They are even breaking laws in countries like England but there are no arrests.

The UN and World court go after Israel 24/7, like no other nation on earth. They even use 10/7 to blame Israel for it being their fault.

They are just waiting for Joe Biden to die, along with anyone else in the DNC who favors Israel in any way, so the newer generation like AOC who are antisemites can facilitate another Jewish Holocaust in Israel.

... what did Hamas achieve by their terror attack? ...

Once they escape Gaza, they can look forward to a life of luxury in Iran ... the Palestinians are just cannon-fodder to Hamas ... in the New World, we call these groups "Drug Cartels" ... Europe likes drugs so they call them "Jihadists" instead ... but same thing ...

Hamas knows they are outgunned, so their only goal is to appeal to the world, specifically the Left who hates Zionism and any religion that conflicts with their Leftist religion, like Christianity.

And look at their work after 10/7. Students at Harvard and Australia and around the world are singing "Gas the Jews" with impunity as the media and political leaders dare not hold any of them to account. They are even breaking laws in countries like England but there are no arrests.

The UN and World court go after Israel 24/7, like no other nation on earth. They even use 10/7 to blame Israel for it being their fault.

They are just waiting for Joe Biden to die, along with anyone else in the DNC who favors Israel in any way, so the newer generation like AOC who are antisemites can facilitate another Jewish Holocaust in Israel.

Keep in mind it's not just students protesting but also people working in government agencies including intelligence agencies who have been allowed to protest AGAINST US policy.

More and more, I am beginning to think it is foolish for us to try to understand Hamas (and its supporters) as operating from the same values and world view that we do. We keep trying to find a strategic goal that made sense for Hamas.

But they don't think in terms of strategy. They think in terms of "Allah Akbar". There are dead Jews and thousands of martyrs living a glorious afterlife. What would a loss even look like for people with this worldview?

I think the Hamas commanders fucked up when they unleashed their militants and said militants went way way overboard on the atrocities and general mayhem. The plan was probably a mass kidnapping that degenerated into a slaughter because unlike a true military organization there is effectively zero discipline in things like Hamas beyond "hate X".

With a mass kidnapping and minimal civilian casualties the Hamas supporters in the west would have a better case on "restraining" Israel, but with the 1.2k deaths and the methods of those deaths, most westerners were shocked enough to not fall for the "Poor poor Palestinian" bullshit, at least for the past few months.

More and more, I am beginning to think it is foolish for us to try to understand Hamas (and its supporters) as operating from the same values and world view that we do. We keep trying to find a strategic goal that made sense for Hamas.

But they don't think in terms of strategy. They think in terms of "Allah Akbar". There are dead Jews and thousands of martyrs living a glorious afterlife. What would a loss even look like for people with this worldview?

Land loss.
Losing Gaza.

Islamists divide the entire world,
into deir al-Islam (land ruled by Muslims)
and deir al-Harb (land of war/ruled by non-Muslims)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back