How effective is John Kerry as Secretary of State ?

Kerry should have kept his big mouth off the talk shows imo....it didn't help matters...

i would rather Obama immediately responded instead....and pointedly pulled the Sochi G8 off the table himself.....and then sent his diplomat Kerry to Ukraine for further discussion.....instead of to the TV talk shows...

(but that wouldn't fit Obama's agenda...he's a paper tiger on purpose imo...)
What was your position on President Carter's boycott of the Olympics due to Soviet aggression in Afghanistan?

Almost ever wingnut was against it.

So that means you were against it?

Edward Kennedy (the far left) criticized Carter for doing so, so I guess you far lefties are the wing nuts you describe. Oh wait far left revisionist history will not allow you to acknowledge your side as the wing nuts.

Then again Kennedy (the far left) was challenging Carter for the presidency.

If my question has stumped you, or if you're just too big of a pussy to answer it, I understand.

I know you didn't ask me, but...

I for one think any boycott of the Olympics, any Olympics, is bullshit. It does nothing but penalize the athletes.

But then again, I'm not a "wingnut."
This is true - you are not a wingnut.

But you're not seriously denying that the Right-Wing has been criticizing Carter's boycott decision for 35 years, are you?

Dude, Carter is a gift for all Presidents who follow him, if we're being honest.

But you are correct, he has been a familiar target for the right nutters since he took office in '77. The right has Carter, sometimes Clinton. The left has Bush, sometimes Reagan.

Not bad for a one term President...

The right has Carter, sometimes Clinton. The left has Bush, sometimes Reagan. Seems it's evening out... Damn shame folks can't stop pointing to the past and instead focus on the now... Hell, I used to be guilty of it myself from time to time a while back...

Yeah, that whole "learning from history" thing is really over-rated.

What action do you suggest he should have taken? What action would you have taken? Please be specific with your answers to these two questions.

Kerry should have kept his big mouth off the talk shows imo....it didn't help matters...

i would rather Obama immediately responded instead....and pointedly pulled the Sochi G8 off the table himself.....and then sent his diplomat Kerry to Ukraine for further discussion.....instead of to the TV talk shows...

What was your position on President Carter's boycott of the Olympics due to Soviet aggression in Afghanistan?

Carter had the American people suffer with that boycott. It was wrong. Hurt only Americans.

Sochi G8 off the table and no discussion until Russian troops retreat.

Carter had the American people suffer with that boycott. It was wrong. Hurt only Americans.

What did the wingnuts say about the effectiveness of boycotts back when Carter did it?

C'mon - it won't kill you to be honest for once...

What did the wingnuts say about the effectiveness of boycotts back when Carter did it?

C'mon - it won't kill you to be honest for once...

I have no idea what they said.

And I am always honest...

Sochi G8 off the table and no discussion until Russian Troops retreat.

Anything short of that is pandering to a man (Putin) who loves it when you pander.

I would also say that the "shield" is back and will be in place until the troops retreat.

Yesterday Kerry made the rounds on the Sunday talk shows blasting Putin and his 'brazen act of agression' but took no action.....Kerry said "this is a time for diplomacy"....

the Russian response of course is very negative.....before Kerry arrives in Ukraine to weild his magical wand of diplomacy...

Mr Kerry, who is set to visit Kiev on Tuesday to meet the new leadership, warned Russia on Sunday that it risked exclusion from the Group of Eight nations and faced possible sanctions for sending troops into Ukraine's southern Crimea region.

In a statement on its website Russia's foreign ministry said:

"We consider the threats against Russia made in a series of public statements by US Secretary of State John Kerry over the latest events in Ukraine and in Crimea to be unacceptable,"

Moscow accused Kerry of relying on "Cold War cliches", saying that he had not bothered to understand the complex processes taking place in Ukrainian society.

Kerry failed to "objectively assess the situation that is continuing to deteriorate after the forcible seizure of power in Kiev by radical extremists," the ministry said.

It accused the United States and its allies of turning a blind eye to the "rampant Russophobia and anti-Semitism" of the opposition protesters who took power in Kiev.

"The West's allies now are outright neo-Nazis who wreck Orthodox churches and synagogues," the ministry said.

Ukraine live - Telegraph

The GOP says John Kerry is making the U.S. look weak....

But House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said the White House’s ongoing response to the entire situation only gives Mr. Putin the upper hand.

“[Putin‘s] running circles around us,” Mr. Rogers said, during a “Fox News Sunday” appearance reported by the New York Post. “Putin is playing chess and I think we are playing marbles, and I don’t think it’s even close.”

He said the Obama administration ought to take strong action and boot Russia from the G8. Meanwhile, Congress could start drumming up some sanctions against Russia, he suggested, the New York Post reported.

Read more: GOP to John Kerry, Obama: You make U.S. look 'weak' to world - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

How effective is he? Depends. If you need someone to tell you which fork to use during a formal dinner or which wine pairs with what food, he's your man hands down.

He is entirely Ineffective as Secretary of State. But is his MORE effective as president than Obama is. Just sayin'.

What action do you suggest he should have taken? What action would you have taken? Please be specific with your answers to these two questions.

Hell, you're in 8th grade......how the hell would you have any idea what the world was like back then?

He is entirely Ineffective as Secretary of State. But is his MORE effective as president than Obama is. Just sayin'.

Who cares?

I voted for the dead Ronald Reagan avatar....

ronald_reagan_GI2.jpg

:)

He sucks - perfect fit with the rest of the administration.

I have always said that this is what happens when an administration (ANY administration) is seen throughout the world as powerless or "toothless". Obama is viewed by the rest of the world as a clown - a cartoon character - completely timid and useless as a world "leader".

Funny, isn't it - that the world has "wised up" and the left in this country still licks this pussy's boots.....

I have always said that this is what happens when an administration (ANY administration) is seen throughout the world as powerless or "toothless". Obama is viewed by the rest of the world as a clown - a cartoon character - completely timid and useless as a world "leader".

Funny, isn't it - that the world has "wised up" and the left in this country still licks this pussy's boots.....

It didn't start with Obama, but his initial "euphoria" over "power to the people" sort of overlooked people's reliance upon capital, and the desire by some in the world to twist idealism to secure power over capital and people ... didn't halt the slide.

It didn't start with Obama, but his initial "euphoria" over "power to the people" sort of overlooked people's reliance upon capital, and the desire by some in the world to twist idealism to secure power over capital and people ... didn't halt the slide.

Well, the old adage that a "best defense is a good offense" holds true. I remember Jimmy (the idiot) Carter and the whole Iran Hostage BS. He wasted his presidency on continually trying to "bargain" with those terrorists and got nowhere. He sent a "rescue mission" that got several good people killed and, was doomed from the start.

Ronald Reagan was elected and IMMEDIATELY the hostages were freed. They were TERRIFIED of that "cowboy" - as well they should have been.

It's fine to sit down and "talk" to reasonable parties. No one has a problem with that. That's the world that Barry works in. Unfortunately, a large part of this world today - doesn't operate in that manner. Putin has Obama's (and Kerry's) number. Basically, he's playing 5 card stud and calling Barry's bluff.

In the end, I expect Barry to fold - while holding a full house.

The Ukraine will (most likely) be annexed by Russia and we will allow it to happen. Oh there will be threats of economic sanctions but those are, for the most part, idle threats by the rest of the world.

Now, if the EU imposes sanctions on Russia - something just MIGHT come of it. Cut off the flow of Euro-oil and Russia will be screwed. Let's see what happens. But Putin afraid of Obama? Hardly.

Last edited:

Pathetically amazing that the man is a bald faced liar, and an abject failure, and the laughfing stock of the world - yet there is no condemnation from the people who placed their faith in him :eusa_pray: If I give you my vote based on what you tell me you will do, or will not do, and you renege - you will get an ear full. The left is really a cult.

Appointing Kerry as Secretary of State is an insult to everyone who has ever served especially, and everyone else!

Pathetically amazing that the man is a bald faced liar, and an abject failure, and the laughfing stock of the world - yet there is no condemnation from the people who placed their faith in him :eusa_pray: If I give you my vote based on what you tell me you will do, or will not do, and you renege - you will get an ear full. The left is really a cult.

Appointing Kerry as Secretary of State is an insult to everyone who has ever served especially, and everyone else!

Oh, make no mistake about it, I DETEST John Kerry. In my opinion, he is a liar and a no good piece of crap. I guess that's why he fits in perfectly with Barry Obama and "plugs" Biden...

Forum List

Back