How do you interpet these two charts ?

What does your network say would say would do the most to bring manufacturing back to the U.S. Flopper?
What does your network say would say would do the most to bring manufacturing back to the U.S. Flopper?
We build on our strengths. A worker in the U.S. produces 10 to 12 times that of a Chinese worker. That’s not a statement about intrinsic abilities; it merely reflects the superior infrastructure of the United States, with its higher investments in automation, information technology, transportation networks, education, and so on. We invest more in education, transportation, technology. In short we make American workers more productive.

Some people believe we need to lower labor cost. I disagree. It's simply counter productive. Lower labor costs will mean lower consumption and a lower standard of living.

We could reduce corporate taxes and probably should and add some incentives to manufacture in the US but I don't believe that would have a major impact on bringing back manufacturing.

Although we may never see the highly labor intensive manufacturing of 20th century return, manufacturing will over time return to the US. In fact it's happening now due to lower energy costs and labor cost increases overseas. However, over the long term, we must improve the productive of American worker. That's our ace in hole.

Last edited:

suppose we went from the highest corporate tax in the world to the lowest?? Or, suppose we eliminated the tax altogether or gave tax credits and subsidies to manufacturers. Suppose we made unions illegal again??

Its a really really simple problem to solve but Democrats stand in the way out of pure ignorance..

we must improve the productive of American worker. .

"We"?? there is no we. We don't do anything. Republican capitalists do the inventing. What holds them back is lib commie soviet intervention. Get the lib govt out of their way and our country will be very very competitive again.

Of course you would start by eliminating lib taxes, unions, and deficits. Then ship 20 million illegals home, then end the liberal war on the family and schools.

I am not naive but what is the point of this conversation? Who cares if China produces more coal or pigs, hello more pollution and health problems for them to have to spend money on. Solar panels are probably obsolete every three to five years. Air conditioners are replaced almost as often. Cell phones are also throw away items. Question? How many of,these products have a high profit margin or are very susceptible to higher labor costs.

Let me tell you from personal experience that Chinese products are perpetually inferior. I buy Chinese blocks for my boats not because they are the best but because I can buy two Chinese ones to one American. If they could just get the cost,down to 50 percent more I would buy American. I want to buy American. My son in law has to use Chinese components to,fix ac units. They fail,with regularity.

Shipbuilding in America is defunct because of regulations and unions. Recent regulations have added 100,000 dollars to the cost of a boat just in design because now they have to be designed like a supertanker. Because of the cost of steel doubling in six years FOR NO REASON. A shrimp boat should not cost more than one can produce in a year. Now a new boat costs three times what you can produce in a year. End result. No new shrimp boats and no shrimp industry and a whole host of Chinese pond raised puke shrimp winding up on Americans tables. Totally a result of govt action and inaction destroying American small business and industry.

Why is the op worried about Chinese increase in productivity. Follow what has happened to manufacturing employment in this country. If the Chinese pursue a productivity agenda they will put millions of their countrymen out of work and out on the street creating much bigger problems for a country of a billion people,than we have. The Chinese population is also aging, another big problem for them to deal with.

Our real,problem with China is a function of their economic success and our economic lethargy. China's military is emboldened by the economic success of the country. Our military is bloated and inert, and sooner or later we are going to butt heads. Obama is incapable of negotiating our way through this and once again America will be embarrassed and her power diminished.

Another bad portent for economic progress is the fact that come October the Chinese yuan will become a world class currency and the American dollar and economy will take a huge hit.

Americans have been sold a bill of goods about globalization, which really benefits multinationals, big surprise. If a new administration would shift the emphasis to small business and making our country more self sufficient it would go a long way to solving our problems. Check out micro breweries versus the Giants and see who provides more jobs and benefit to communities and better beer

There are no liberal solutions to our competiveness, period.

suppose we went from the highest corporate tax in the world to the lowest?? Or, suppose we eliminated the tax altogether or gave tax credits and subsidies to manufacturers. Suppose we made unions illegal again??

Its a really really simple problem to solve but Democrats stand in the way out of pure ignorance..
No, it is not a simple problem. If it were Democrat or Republican administrations over the past 30 years would have solved it.

but because I can buy tw
I am not naive but what is the point of this conversation? Who cares if China produces more coal or pigs, hello more pollution and health problems for them to have to spend money on. Solar panels are probably obsolete every three to five years. Air conditioners are replaced almost as often. Cell phones are also throw away items. Question? How many of,these products have a high profit margin or are very susceptible to higher labor costs.

Let me tell you from personal experience that Chinese products are perpetually inferior. I buy Chinese blocks for my boats not because they are the best but because I can buy two Chinese ones to one American. If they could just get the cost,down to 50 percent more I would buy American. I want to buy American. My son in law has to use Chinese components to,fix ac units. They fail,with regularity.

Shipbuilding in America is defunct because of regulations and unions. Recent regulations have added 100,000 dollars to the cost of a boat just in design because now they have to be designed like a supertanker. Because of the cost of steel doubling in six years FOR NO REASON. A shrimp boat should not cost more than one can produce in a year. Now a new boat costs three times what you can produce in a year. End result. No new shrimp boats and no shrimp industry and a whole host of Chinese pond raised puke shrimp winding up on Americans tables. Totally a result of govt action and inaction destroying American small business and industry.

Why is the op worried about Chinese increase in productivity. Follow what has happened to manufacturing employment in this country. If the Chinese pursue a productivity agenda they will put millions of their countrymen out of work and out on the street creating much bigger problems for a country of a billion people,than we have. The Chinese population is also aging, another big problem for them to deal with.

Our real,problem with China is a function of their economic success and our economic lethargy. China's military is emboldened by the economic success of the country. Our military is bloated and inert, and sooner or later we are going to butt heads. Obama is incapable of negotiating our way through this and once again America will be embarrassed and her power diminished.

Another bad portent for economic progress is the fact that come October the Chinese yuan will become a world class currency and the American dollar and economy will take a huge hit.

Americans have been sold a bill of goods about globalization, which really benefits multinationals, big surprise. If a new administration would shift the emphasis to small business and making our country more self sufficient it would go a long way to solving our problems. Check out micro breweries versus the Giants and see who provides more jobs and benefit to communities and better beer

Sorry, too many point in your post to address.

Chart2.jpg

uschina.jpg
America automated what they could but china runs industry and knows it needs to keep it's people busy

No, it is not a simple problem. If it were Democrat or Republican administrations over the past 30 years would have solved it.

too stupid!! Intellectually its a very very easy problem to solve. Make liberal taxes unions and deficits illegal and bring back 30 million manufacturing jobs. Politically its very difficult because the destructive Democratic influence is always there.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

but because I can buy tw

Sorry, too many point in your post to address.

good for you you finally got one right!! Long posts are almost always BS posts.

too stupid!! Intellectually its a very very easy problem to solve. Make liberal taxes unions and deficits illegal and bring back 30 million manufacturing jobs. Politically its very difficult because the destructive Democratic influence is always there.

Do you have the IQ to understand?
If you think Republicans would make deficits illegal, you're nuts.
Unions aren't taxed because they are non-profits. If you want to tax non-profits, it's ok with me.

100% stupid as always . Republicans have introduced 30 Balanced Budget Amendments since Jefferson's first and liberals have killed every one of them.

Why not think before you post, liberal.

100% stupid as always . Republicans have introduced 30 Balanced Budget Amendments since Jefferson's first and liberals have killed every one of them.

Why not think before you post, liberal.
If you look at those amendments, I think you will find nothing specific as to spending cuts or tax increases. These amendment are political posturing used by proponents to position themselves as supporters of a balanced budget but without specifying which unpopular tax increases or spending cuts they would support to reach that goal. Balance budget amendments are worthless without specifying the details. Republicans know this and that's why they pass them.

Also in these bills you will find a clause which says congress on a majority vote or 2/3 vote can set aside the act. If congress can't even shut government down government temporary, they sure as hell are not going to be able to eliminate up to 1/3 of government permanently.

If you look at those amendments, I think you will find nothing specific as to spending cuts or tax increases. .

Thats the whole point you idiot liberal. Every household and most states have BBA's so they will be forced to be responsible adults! Republicans propose BBA's and sign the pledge and libturd communists kill every effort because they are not responsible adults. Spending to buy votes comes first with a libturd.

Well edwardbso, I know your add is flaming up but you really should,try to,focus long enough to,read a post. I will grant you my post was all,over the map but there were many facts in there and the jist of it all was a comparison of American and the Chinese economies, for that it was on point.

You should try to refrain from calling people stupid. That's what RD does. Your pejoratives are juvenile and serve to restrain debate instead of advance it. Insults are the currency of fools.

If you look at those amendments, I think you will find nothing specific as to spending cuts or tax increases. .

Thats the whole point you idiot liberal. Every household and most states have BBA's so they will be forced to be responsible adults! Republicans propose BBA's and sign the pledge and libturd communists kill every effort because they are not responsible adults. Spending to buy votes comes first with a libturd.
An exactly how are they forced to balance the budget when they can suspend the balance budget requirement with a vote? If you think a Republican congress could or would trim as much as a trillion dollars from a budget, you're living in LA LA land. In the 2013 government shutdown the House caved in because a handful of government employees were furloughed.

Forum List

Back