Math for buying a home no longer works out. These charts show why

I'll tell you why, Biden and his Fed raising rates. Who honestly can afford a home today with rates at or over 7%? The charts and math doesn't lie. Biden and the Fed have ruined this economy and are killing the middle class.
The left brought is inflation. Instead of reversing their policies to bring inflation back down, they kept their policies in place and depended on the FED raising interest rates instead. This brought us to the point that people can't afford homes or apartments and homelessness is out of control.

and in your world that is praising someone?

Holy crap, no wonder you are mindless partisan drone, you have the IQ of a head of cabbage
When you ignore the evidence presented and have a perma tongue planted on Biden ass yes it is

Your whole intention of that comment was to defend Biden don't deny it

The left brought is inflation. Instead of reversing their policies to bring inflation back down, they kept their policies in place and depended on the FED raising interest rates instead. This brought us to the point that people can't afford homes or apartments and homelessness is out of control.
Inflation did come down, genius.

The rock bottom interest rates flooded the country with cheap money which raised the costs of assets like homes.

Houses would be much cheaper if not for the decades of super low interest rates.

There’s no free lunch. You can make money dirt cheap without paying for it somehow.

That's a lazy mans response. It's just some avergae brained throw away comment to sound insightful and shitty.

The reality is much more grim. The reality is foreign institutions via funding like the world economic are pushing it because they want to destabilize America. After they "predicted" soon America will no longer be a world super power.

The economy sucks which is evidenced by the bond market inverted yield curve, and central banks buying gold like crazy.

Our country is giving away 100s of billions to other countries and we wastes 100s of billions more on all this climate change nonsense, money spent on illegals flooding our borders and dumb shit like paying federal employees to be diversity officers. To subsidize all that the fed just keeps jacking up interest rates on people.

But in the end a major factor is simply this. Corporations are pushing for this. There has been a major increase in corporate owned rental units. When corporations get involved they buy politicians to push for what they want. Corporate housing rental is booming because they can trap hundreds of millions of people in rental units they can't afford to leave, then they run those units to their last legs and switch them to section 8 housing and suck up paychecks from the government. It's win win for them.

What you believe to be true is wrong. You're hand waving rhetoric is old and outdated by 10 years or more

I do realize this. Did you think all those people living in homes and apartments and not being made to pay rent was not going to have a negative consequence?

Are you talking during the pandemic? In that case, the property owners of rentals and homeowners were able to get help to catch up on those missed payments by extending their loans by how much they were in arrears because of the pandemic.

That is not what I was talking about.

There is a shortage of affordable housing.

Yes, that's true.......but you didn't include 'affordable' in your previous post

I will soon be 64, yes I remember starter homes vs the new palaces that is the current trend. My oldest son bought his place before all this crap happened, but my 2 youngest who will be 23 & 25 this next year can't afford a place of their own, not to rent and certainly not to buy, so they still live here and we all split costs........if we didn't, we'd all be homeless. I pay less for my mortgage for a 3bd/1ba home on a 10,800sqft lot, than what many are charging for a studio apartment or even a spare room.

Sounds like your area is experiencing what was going on here just a year or so ago........watch out, it won't last

Look how income is going down for almost everybody under Potatohead's administration

1702324894834.png

That's a lazy mans response. It's just some avergae brained throw away comment to sound insightful and shitty.

The reality is much more grim. The reality is foreign institutions via funding like the world economic are pushing it because they want to destabilize America. After they "predicted" soon America will no longer be a world super power.

The economy sucks which is evidenced by the bond market inverted yield curve, and central banks buying gold like crazy.

Our country is giving away 100s of billions to other countries and we wastes 100s of billions more on all this climate change nonsense, money spent on illegals flooding our borders and dumb shit like paying federal employees to be diversity officers. To subsidize all that the fed just keeps jacking up interest rates on people.

But in the end a major factor is simply this. Corporations are pushing for this. There has been a major increase in corporate owned rental units. When corporations get involved they buy politicians to push for what they want. Corporate housing rental is booming because they can trap hundreds of millions of people in rental units they can't afford to leave, then they run those units to their last legs and switch them to section 8 housing and suck up paychecks from the government. It's win win for them.

What you believe to be true is wrong. You're hand waving rhetoric is old and outdated by 10 years or more
Why is everything a goddamn conspiracy with you morons?

I'll tell you why, Biden and his Fed raising rates. Who honestly can afford a home today with rates at or over 7%? The charts and math doesn't lie. Biden and the Fed have ruined this economy and are killing the middle class.
Someone must still be buying them, right?

How did people afford to buy houses with interest rates in the high teens during the 80s?

Interest rates were higher non stop from the 60s till the turn of the century, and yet people were able to buy houses.

Well, for starters, you could buy homes all over the country for under $50K. My first house was financed with a loan that exceeded 17% interest rate. However, the price of the house was only $39K.

Forum List

Back