How do you define somebody who is British?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con

How do you define somebody who is British?​

• Must be predominately of English, Scottish Welsh (and possibly Irish) heritage

• As long you are born and raised here it doesn't matter where your ancestry comes from

For me First option. Celto-Germanic white person of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, Cornish etc. origins going back to the bellbeakers, anglo-saxons, celts, some vikings norse, normans etc. but someone going back to cheddar man.

• Must be predominately of English, Scottish Welsh (and possibly Irish) heritage

• As long you are born and raised here it doesn't matter where your ancestry comes from

For me First option. Celto-Germanic white person of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, Cornish etc. origins going back to the bellbeakers, anglo-saxons, celts, some vikings norse, normans etc. but someone going back to cheddar man.
And what physical appearance is more often between modern Britons - "dark skin+blue eyes" (Cheddar man and other Western European Hunter-Gatherers") or "light skin+brown eyes" (Eastern European Hunter-Gatherer)?

But you're a fuckwit.

One defines them as British when they define themselves as such.
Another approach is to examine some objective signs (like physical appearance, language, behavior, etc) or acceptance into a group by other members of the group ("friend or foe" problem).

Last edited:
If the half of you that is white pudding is always saying "Sorry, ...." to the half of you that is black pudding, you are probably British.

And what physical appearance is more often between modern Britons - "dark skin+blue eyes" (Cheddar man and other Western European Hunter-Gatherers") or "light skin+brown eyes" (Eastern European Hunter-Gatherer)?

None of the two. But light skin and light eyes. 85% of Britons have light eyes.

It's actually a good question. There was a coin competition for the new £1 coin, and the subject was "Britishness".

You can see that the design is so unBritish, it's just symbolism, because literally NOTHING unites the British other than a passport.

Another approach is to examine some objective signs (like physical appearance, language, behavior, etc) or acceptance into a group by other members of the group ("friend or foe" problem).

So what does that show, that everyone there is British?

I'd agree with the second option on that.
Britain is a multiracial country no matter how much some people may not like that.

I suppose it depends where the definer is from...

thebritish.jpg

Only English people define themselves as British these days. And in declining numbers. England would be better off without the Scots and Welsh and we would be a lot better off. Then we could all get along a lot better.

Here are typical Brits

British-Muslims.jpg

Only English people define themselves as British these days. And in declining numbers. England would be better off without the Scots and Welsh and we would be a lot better off. Then we could all get along a lot better.
In these case the English should forget about any global influence, even today's quite limited one.

Forum List

Back