How do you define somebody who is British?

My Great Grandmother was from Islay an Island off of Scotland and I am Scottish, German, Norwegian and French ( Northern ), so I am a mutt ( well the French I believe is Flemish, so lower than a mutt ) but my family calls themselves Scots on the Scottish side and never fucking British!

Only English people define themselves as British these days. And in declining numbers. England would be better off without the Scots and Welsh and we would be a lot better off. Then we could all get along a lot better.

Well, probably if the UK had some kind of Proportional Representation, then things would change. Firstly because the Tories would get less time in office and others would have more of a say.

Well, probably if the UK had some kind of Proportional Representation, then things would change. Firstly because the Tories would get less time in office and others would have more of a say.
I think that Labour now recognise that, especially as we are seeing republican style gerryymandering going on.
But I think covid has highlighted the benefits of separatism. The |Welsh government has done a lot better than Coco but is limited in what it can do because England holds the purse strings.
Time to cut the cord.

I think that Labour now recognise that, especially as we are seeing republican style gerryymandering going on.
But I think covid has highlighted the benefits of separatism. The |Welsh government has done a lot better than Coco but is limited in what it can do because England holds the purse strings.
Time to cut the cord.

The problem for the welsh is that Wales doesn't have a lot going for it. It doesn't have much agricultural land, other than sheep, it wouldn't look that interesting for foreign companies. Probably why many Welsh like the idea of nationalism, but don't really push it like the Scots do. When was the last Welsh independence referendum?

The problem for the welsh is that Wales doesn't have a lot going for it. It doesn't have much agricultural land, other than sheep, it wouldn't look that interesting for foreign companies. Probably why many Welsh like the idea of nationalism, but don't really push it like the Scots do. When was the last Welsh independence referendum?
I dont recognise the picture you paint.

Only English people define themselves as British these days.
No doubt out of shame.

And in declining numbers.
Inbreeding catches up on you.

England would be better off without the Scots and Welsh and we would be a lot better off.
Of course, the world would be far better off just without the now-defunct century--dead British Empire.

protester thug tommy.jpg

What does Wales have going for it as an independent nation?
Well as a starter we are energy self sufficient. We also currently supply a large chunk of Englands water at no benefit to us.
We have agriculture, industry and tourism. We are a forward looking democracy with an educated workforce.
Im not sure what else we need to cope with independence.

Well as a starter we are energy self sufficient. We also currently supply a large chunk of Englands water at no benefit to us.
We have agriculture, industry and tourism. We are a forward looking democracy with an educated workforce.
Im not sure what else we need to cope with independence.

Well, I'm not saying Wales couldn't be independent. Clearly there are plenty of small countries that make something of themselves. However the Welsh don't seem to push for independence at all. I lived there for three years and not even a whisper, though that might have been because anyone who was pro-independence didn't like talking to anyone that wasn't a Welsh speaker.

The reality is that many Welsh people just don't see themselves as being better off. Which is quite sad seeing how much of a clusterfuck Boris is.

Well, I'm not saying Wales couldn't be independent. Clearly there are plenty of small countries that make something of themselves. However the Welsh don't seem to push for independence at all. I lived there for three years and not even a whisper, though that might have been because anyone who was pro-independence didn't like talking to anyone that wasn't a Welsh speaker.

The reality is that many Welsh people just don't see themselves as being better off. Which is quite sad seeing how much of a clusterfuck Boris is.
Ah right I see. Well things have moved over the last 5 years. I wouldnt claim that it is universal but it is growing and this wretched government is causing it.
I think the biggest block is the labour party which is essentially unionist. If they came on board it would be a lot easier. There are signs that they realise that things cant go on as they are.

How to tell? They all wear kilts. They name thier towns funny names like popbocken or turwhillger or bumlapconey.

Ah right I see. Well things have moved over the last 5 years. I wouldnt claim that it is universal but it is growing and this wretched government is causing it.
I think the biggest block is the labour party which is essentially unionist. If they came on board it would be a lot easier. There are signs that they realise that things cant go on as they are.

Labour has to be a lot of things to try and win 50% of the seats. It's a ridiculous system. Political parties should be able to attract people not out of fear of the other party, but because they actually have something.

Forum List

Back