How Do We Shut Up The Ads?

What skin do you use?
If I use the default skin, I get stuff popping up like crazy?
If I use v1 I have no problems.

I use the default. I've never seen a thing. I just use AdBlock for Chrome. That's it. It fixes it for me and I never have issues. Before that, I had trouble with ads here and many other places. Now I don't. I don't mean to sound like a walking advertisement for them, but it really, really works for me.

You don't get the long bar of photo-links just below the top tool bar? It generally contains photos of things you've recently explored in other ads. Search once for a Leica camera and you'll see pictures of them all across the strip for weeks after.

I don't anymore. Before I was getting two rows of red words at the bottom of page, and if my mouse surfed over them accidentally, spinning arrows would appear and then an ad box would pop up.....it was very annoying trying to keep my mouse from hovering over them....then sometimes an audio ad would start playing. I had my sound off, but sometimes while listening to a video, one would start, and trying to listen to a song or someone talking over an audio ad is impossible.

What skin do you use?

I use the default. I've never seen a thing. I just use AdBlock for Chrome. That's it. It fixes it for me and I never have issues. Before that, I had trouble with ads here and many other places. Now I don't. I don't mean to sound like a walking advertisement for them, but it really, really works for me.

You don't get the long bar of photo-links just below the top tool bar? It generally contains photos of things you've recently explored in other ads. Search once for a Leica camera and you'll see pictures of them all across the strip for weeks after.

AdBlock will fix it. :eusa_angel:

What skin do you use?

I've never gotten that either but I've had Adblock Plus for a long time - apparently before I started coming here.

Okay, I just added Adblock for Chrome. We'll see if this works. Thanks for the tip.

And like others, I don't want to have to turn my speakers on and off depending on which site I happen to be visiting at the moment. That's stupid.

Okay, I just added Adblock for Chrome. We'll see if this works. Thanks for the tip.

And like others, I don't want to have to turn my speakers on and off depending on which site I happen to be visiting at the moment. That's stupid.

I agree but that's not the reason I turn them off. I just hate all the little blips and dings when my computer does something. Many times, I listen to music while here and have no problems.

AdBlock-Never an issue, every time one of these threads gets started I say the same thing. It completely fixes it. Video ads, infolinks, I never see anything. Coming here is a piece of cake. It's easy.

Ditto...IMO AdBlock is hands down the best, most useful add-on to a browser. I honestly don't know how people use the internet without it.

Let's face it. It take a good deal of effort to provide this FREE service to us. If it means putting up with just a small bit of distraction, it's worth it and we have no room to complain.

Forum List

Back