How do the "poor" live so well in the US?

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that year.

Indeed, Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.

● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.

● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.

● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.​

special_amenities_and_poor_list.jpg

Many of the poor in the U.S. live far better than the middle class (if there is one) in the rest of the world.

It's time to declare victory in the War On Poverty, and to cancel the programs.

They're by far the richest "Poor People" on Planet Earth. They do just fine. Hard-Working American Taxpayers support their couch-potato Video Game playing Asses. That's how they live so well. It really is that simple in the end.

Indeed

All in the family: Welfare fraud allegedly spanned 3 generations

Three generations of a Colorado Springs family conspired to bilk approximately $40,000 in locally administered welfare services, authorities said.

At the center of the alleged fraud is the family’s matriarch: Susana Cecilia Vigil, a 64-year-old disabled woman who is accused of drawing public benefits during an 11-month period when she was actually living in La Junta.

Four relatives — including an 18-year-old granddaughter — were in on the scheme and submitted phony time slips that netted them reimbursement dollars for in-home care that was never provided, authorities said.

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that year.

Indeed, Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.

● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.

● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.

● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.​

special_amenities_and_poor_list.jpg

Because the uber-rich ruling class confiscate money from the not so uber-rich and transfer it to the people they keep enslaved in institutionalized low-income lifestyles.

And they are probably getting government assistance of some kind.Collecting unemployment checks maybe for 99 weeks,(Ed Schultz wants this extended)...Didn't the President campaign on getting these folks FREE internet connection of some kind.

Not a bad gig....

They're by far the richest "Poor People" on Planet Earth. They do just fine. Hard-Working American Taxpayers support their couch-potato Video Game playing Asses. That's how they live so well. It really is that simple in the end.

there is some truth to this.....i had some girl exchange students living in an apt on my route from Kenya.....they were talking to some people while waiting for their mail.....everyone was asking them about the difference in lifestyles.....and one girl said that a poor person in Africa would exchange places with a poor person here in a heartbeat...and i said to her....."even in Detroit?".....she said "even in Detroit".....she said the African kid would work his way out of the Ghetto,not stay there.....

America's "Poor" would be considered incredibly wealthy by most other people around the World. Yet they whine incessantly. They are afforded the time to get high,play their video games,and commit numerous crimes against fellow Americans. So i don't see what all the complaining is about. They have it pretty good. Its the hard-working American Taxpayers who deserve the sympathy & respect. They're the ones paying for it after all.

Last edited:

there is some truth to this.....i had some girl exchange students living in an apt on my route from Kenya.....they were talking to some people while waiting for their mail.....everyone was asking them about the difference in lifestyles.....and one girl said that a poor person in Africa would exchange places with a poor person here in a heartbeat...and i said to her....."even in Detroit?".....she said "even in Detroit".....she said the African kid would work his way out of the Ghetto,not stay there.....

Thanks. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed, some people do not know how to be charitable...
:eusa_whistle:

Obama’s Brother: “I Still Live In A Slum”

In November 2008, I stood in a bar in Kenya watching Barack Obama give his victory speech

george-obama.jpg

Except Obama's brother doesn't want the President's money.

Furthermore:

Obama’s Brother in Kenya | FactCheck.org

George Obama: I was brought up well. I live well even now. The magazines, they have exaggerated everything … There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you [the reporter] come from, there are the same challenges.

America's "Poor" would be considered incredibly wealthy by most other people around the World. Yet they whine incessantly. They are afforded the time to get high,play their video games,and commit numerous crimes against fellow Americans. So i don't see what all the complaining is about. They have it pretty good. Its the hard-working American Taxpayers who deserve the sympathy & respect. They're the ones paying for it after all.

you're right... so let's take away their Social Security and Medicare!!!! So that the REALLY rich can live in the manner that they are accustomed to.

Don't worry... if you guys get your way... they'll be bloat bellied little skeletons... just like you like 'em.

Do you really have a steel plate in your noggin?
I mean, could I use my TV remote to make you dance?

Let's play a little game, Steelie,...if you're up to it.
Imagine that you actually incorporated the information in the OP into your psyche...

....then, would it logically follow that folks with the accoutrements listed in the OP would exhibit "bloat bellied little skeletons..."???

Remember...we're pretending that you have the God-given ability to think....

Good, Steelie....I see you shaking your little head! Good boy.

Now, if the OP speaks truth, consider where you got the idea that large segments of the population would exhibit "bloat bellied little skeletons.."
Right! Those calculating Lefties had brainwashed you! Very good!

Now, go back and get that GED!

Last edited:
I witnessed this: A food stamp recipient is informed by the cashier that food stamps do not cover pet food. The recipient puts the dog food away and buys sirloin steak.

I witnessed this: Bums (urban outdoorsmen) arrive at a street corner in Atlanta in a new Mercedes, unload, disperse and work several street corners before returning to the pick up point, entering the same Mercedes and retiring for the night.

Poor is a relative term. You wanna see poor people? Look at Ethopia, Bangladesh, remote CHINA...India and other places where the "poor" live on pennies per day.

All of a sudden, here in the USA we consider anyone that doesn't have a 52" flat screen TV as being "poor".

What a stupid bunch of fucking liberals we have defining "poor"!

Forum List

Back