woman who groped TSA agent hailed a hero.

Well, this article does not really give enough information. The TSA worker is not at fault, they're following orders so unless the worker touched or groped her inappropriately, and this was in response to that, grabbing their breast and squeezing is a bit over the line and it is sexual assault. Gotta love her fiestiness though!

She's completely and totally in the WRONG. No doubt about it in my mind. Flying is a PRIVILEGE, not a Right. If they tell you that the policy is to strip you down, do a cavity search and put you on the plan in a muzzle and straitjacket (my preference for how people should be flying) they have the Right to do that. It's a PRIVATE enterprise. If you don't like the security, take the fucking bus, train, boat or car.

There is almost NEVER an acceptable reason to touch a LEO or a member of a security force. This definitely does not measure up to being an acceptable reason.

she definitely is one too!

*"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

No she isn't. She's an idiot, just like the rest of you who can't or won't get with the TSA's program.

What so many people seem to forget is the actual wording of Ben Franklin's quote.... "Any man who would trade his ESSENTIAL Liberties for TEMPORARY safety deserves neither." (emphasis added by me).

There is no Essential Liberty violated by these TSA searches. The airline industry is a PRIVATE (though regulated) industry. They get to make the rules about who they will and won't do business with.

While I understand the absolute need for the TSA, they are human and subject to error, certainly not above reproach. I do think some of their guidelines could be improved upon to allow elderly and handicapped folks to retain their dignity and so children, who are being taught now in this world not to allow strangers to touch them, do not feel violated. Honestly, I don't know what the solution is. It is very sad our world has come to this.

Why does the industry HAVE to be regulated by the government? Why can't the airlines hire and train their own traffic controllers and security personnel? It isn't like the airlines are thinking "Gee, let's cut corners and make our airlines less safe!" because DUH if something happened no one would fly with them again and they would lose business. Common sense. Also, it isn't like the government is doing a good job there are runway accidents and controller errors (sleeping on the job) on a regular basis. Privatize privatize...PRIVATIZE!!!!!!

Why does the industry HAVE to be regulated by the government? Why can't the airlines hire and train their own traffic controllers and security personnel? It isn't like the airlines are thinking "Gee, let's cut corners and make our airlines less safe!" because DUH if something happened no one would fly with them again and they would lose business. Common sense. Also, it isn't like the government is doing a good job there are runway accidents and controller errors (sleeping on the job) on a regular basis. Privatize privatize...PRIVATIZE!!!!!!

That would be great in my mind. Then we could get some REAL security, like I mentioned earlier.

Well, this article does not really give enough information. The TSA worker is not at fault, they're following orders so unless the worker touched or groped her inappropriately, and this was in response to that, grabbing their breast and squeezing is a bit over the line and it is sexual assault. Gotta love her fiestiness though!

"I was just following orders" went out with the Nuremberg trials.

My general take is that I should be able to do everything the government can. If I can't, that makes the government wrong.

There is no Essential Liberty violated by these TSA searches.

Not to a Nazi like you

The airline industry is a PRIVATE (though regulated) industry. They get to make the rules about who they will and won't do business with.

Exactly, it is a private entity, so why aren't they the ones making the decisions?

Not to a Nazi like you

How about my ESSENTIAL Liberty to carry a firearm with me into an airport, and onto a plane for my own personal protection. That IS a Constitutional right, and its infringement is one of the reasons I do my best not to fly anywhere. Being forced to prove you're not carrying anything illegal or restricted onto the plane violates no Liberty at all. You have a right to choose not to fly, as I do.

Exactly, it is a private entity, so why aren't they the ones making the decisions?

Because the government in its infinite "wisdom" regulates the industry. It's stupid, but that's the way it is.

My general take is that I should be able to do everything the government can. If I can't, that makes the government wrong.

No, the TSA worker is doing a job in the interest of natiional security, the woman was not. I indicated if the TSA agent was inappropriate and this was in reaction to that, then I can understand how the woman might have reacted in that fashion, but if the woman was just pissed off about having to go through the security process, then it was sexual assault. The article does not really go into that in detail, i.e., not enough info.

Frustration with TSA searches are one thing... and yeah, I think hauling 94 yr-olds out of their wheelchairs and making them remove their adult diaper is beyond the pale... I can't applaud a woman committing sexual battery on an agent by grabbing her breasts and twisting them.

She's not a hero, she's a soon-to-be-convict. I empathize with her frustration, but there are consequences for a loss of self control.

DiAnna, the moment the TSA makes a noted exception for a certain group of people is the moment that group of people become the prime candidates for being convinced to carry something through security for someone, or being impersonated for the purpose of carrying something through security. You and I both know that.

No, the TSA worker is doing a job in the interest of natiional security, the woman was not. I indicated if the TSA agent was inappropriate and this was in reaction to that, then I can understand how the woman might have reacted in that fashion, but if the woman was just pissed off about having to go through the security process, then it was sexual assault. The article does not really go into that in detail, i.e., not enough info.

Doesn't matter how they dress it up, if it is illegal for me it is illegal for them. They cannot hide behind "national security" or anything else. That, by the way, includes things like presidential assassination orders.

Please notice that I am not defending the woman's actions, just pointing out the absurdity of the TSA insisting that whatever they do is legal because they are doing it.

DiAnna, the moment the TSA makes a noted exception for a certain group of people is the moment that group of people become the prime candidates for being convinced to carry something through security for someone, or being impersonated for the purpose of carrying something through security. You and I both know that.

I don't care. Abusing elderly disabled people is not something we should allow in this country, not even in the name of security. What good is "security" when we have lost our liberty and our dignity? This poor woman was literally pulled from her wheelchair and held up in front of the x-ray, despite the fact that she repeatedly told them she was in danger of falling. The x-ray revealed a damned diaper, not unusual for a 94-yr-old, wheelchair bound geriactric. They then forced her to remove the diaper!

We were told after the idiocy of having clostomy bags ruptured, forcing humiliated passengers to take their flights with urine-soaked clothing, after forcing mastectomy patients to remove their breast implants, after thousands of such incidents that TSA would educate their agents on dealing with disabled, special needs individuals. This is what they taught them?

If someone humiliated my elderly mother the way this woman was humiliated, heads would roll and there would be hell to pay. I suspect you'd feel the same damned way.

When we oppress our society in the name of "security", it's only a matter of time before our society will emulate those societies generating the very terrorists from whom we are trying to protect ourselves.

I don't see her as another Rosa Parks. That is insulting to Rosa.
TSA agents do not grab and twist titties. This gal did exactly that. And that could cause problems to the TSA agent down the road. My ex brother in law had a stroke. For awhile there, he was kind of loopy. One day he got mad for some unknown reason and when I walked by him, he grabbed my left boob and TWISTED it as hard as he could. I had bruises all over it. Now 5 years later, I found a lump in that boob. They did tests and a biopsy and thank God it was benign. Fatty tissue that was dead, DUE TO A BAD INJURY I must have done to it. No. I didn't. Loopy BIL did. So in 5 years, that TSA agent just might get the scare of her life with finding dead fatty tissue where some moron grabbed her boob and damaged it.
Throw her ass in jail. Flying is not a right. It's a privilege. Don't want to go by the rules? Take a fucking bus.

Forum List

Back