woman who groped TSA agent hailed a hero.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Liberty, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. lilbug

lilbug Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Well, this article does not really give enough information. The TSA worker is not at fault, they're following orders so unless the worker touched or groped her inappropriately, and this was in response to that, grabbing their breast and squeezing is a bit over the line and it is sexual assault. Gotta love her fiestiness though!

3. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    She's completely and totally in the WRONG. No doubt about it in my mind. Flying is a PRIVILEGE, not a Right. If they tell you that the policy is to strip you down, do a cavity search and put you on the plan in a muzzle and straitjacket (my preference for how people should be flying) they have the Right to do that. It's a PRIVATE enterprise. If you don't like the security, take the fucking bus, train, boat or car.

There is almost NEVER an acceptable reason to touch a LEO or a member of a security force. This definitely does not measure up to being an acceptable reason.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,326
    Taze the bitch and register her as a sex offender

5. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    No she isn't. She's an idiot, just like the rest of you who can't or won't get with the TSA's program.

What so many people seem to forget is the actual wording of Ben Franklin's quote.... "Any man who would trade his ESSENTIAL Liberties for TEMPORARY safety deserves neither." (emphasis added by me).

There is no Essential Liberty violated by these TSA searches. The airline industry is a PRIVATE (though regulated) industry. They get to make the rules about who they will and won't do business with.

6. CitizenPained

CitizenPained Dissident-Jude

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +138
    She commits sexual assault and she's a hero?

wtf

7. lilbug

lilbug Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    While I understand the absolute need for the TSA, they are human and subject to error, certainly not above reproach. I do think some of their guidelines could be improved upon to allow elderly and handicapped folks to retain their dignity and so children, who are being taught now in this world not to allow strangers to touch them, do not feel violated. Honestly, I don't know what the solution is. It is very sad our world has come to this.

8. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Why does the industry HAVE to be regulated by the government? Why can't the airlines hire and train their own traffic controllers and security personnel? It isn't like the airlines are thinking "Gee, let's cut corners and make our airlines less safe!" because DUH if something happened no one would fly with them again and they would lose business. Common sense. Also, it isn't like the government is doing a good job there are runway accidents and controller errors (sleeping on the job) on a regular basis. Privatize privatize...PRIVATIZE!!!!!!

9. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    That would be great in my mind. Then we could get some REAL security, like I mentioned earlier.

10. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    "I was just following orders" went out with the Nuremberg trials.

My general take is that I should be able to do everything the government can. If I can't, that makes the government wrong.