How did we get from rocks and water to us?

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Something made something go bang in our reality.
Our star was formed.
Out earth was tumbling molten rock.
We get hit by a stray planet about the size of Mars.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
We get some life forms. outta nothing, literally, nothing.
earth freezes, kills everything.
Earth melts, there's life in the sea, from nothing, again.
For no reason, moss move onto the barren rocks.
Moss becomes trees, for no reason.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Earth becomes a barren waste land from the heat.
Heat cools.
Dinosaurs, again, outta thin air.
Dino's die, and boom, mammals take over.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

I also don't believe in coincidence. And THAT'S a lot of them.

So to think there isn't something helping life along, just seems arrogant.

Thanks for reading.

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Heat cools.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

Thanks for reading.

Well according to Scientology we were dropped off here by aliens and they're going to come back one day to pick up only those who bought L Ron Hubbard's books. :dunno:

I think the one thing about abiogenesis and the early Earth that's just mind blowing is the time scale it's on. We're talking billions of years. I can't even comprehend how long that is. My grandparents seem OLD, and they're only like seventy-ish.

There is or was an idea floating around, and I don't know how old it is, that single-celled organisms showed up on earth via meteorite. I think it was a Neil deGrasse Tyson lecture on youtbue that I heard this in. Something to think about I guess.

I was gonna give an honest reply regarding the competing theories of abiogenesis and such, but then I read the OP and realized thumbs is just trolling and hardly seems interested in an honest discussion of the matter

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting. I watched one the other day about the absence of fossilized "in between" animals, humans or plants.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Cyanobacteria baby. There is god for ya.

I watched one the other day about the absence of fossilized "in between" animals, humans or plants.

Every time they find a new fossil, the anti-science idiots proclaim the existence of two new gaps in which God can hide

No, it wasn't that. You are looking to hard for a bible ambush. Relax, Its not coming from me. And the show was from a Nova series. They are the least likely to present a creationist view point.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Cyanobacteria baby. There is god for ya.

what makes that bacteria better then others as the seed from whence we came ?

Fact: 6000 years ago, cities built themselves out of nothing

Proof: a distinct lack of bodies- for all the humans that are supposed to have lived in the last 6000 years, we have precious few bodies. Where are all the people to come between them?

Proof: a distinct lack of bodies- for all the humans that are supposed to have lived in the last 6000 years, we have precious few bodies. Where are all the people to come between them?

Well we know that bodies, especially dead ones dont fare well out in the elements. Hot to mention the fact that animals like to tear them up and scatter them. It would be better if you named a city, then we can ponder it.

Well we know that bodies, especially dead ones dont fare well out in the elements. Hot to mention the fact that animals like to tear them up and scatter them.

And there you have your answer- survival of remains is rare even with great care; natural fossilization is even more rare. Combined with tectonic and other destructive forces and the fact that we haven't scoured every cubic inch of the planet, and you end up with the rarity of fossils that you mentioned

Last edited:
Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

Well we know that bodies, especially dead ones dont fare well out in the elements. Hot to mention the fact that animals like to tear them up and scatter them.

And there you have your answer- survival of remains is rare even with great care; natural fossilization is even more rare. Combined with tectonic and other destructive forces and the fact that we haven't scoured every cubic inch of the planet, and you end up with the rarity of fossils that you mentioned

The Earth is guesstimated at what four to six billion years old ? In that time span we have sea critters, dinosaurs, mega fauna, cave men, and us. All but us humans are gone, but we still find bones (fossils) so some ware there has to be an in between skeleton some ware. So why wouldn't they be found with the others and what killed off the extinct species above ?

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting encapsulation of one thoery (whose theory? Nobody knows since TT just invented it) cosmology, there, TT.

So I guess you believe the following encapsulation of the theory of Intelligent design?

For SOME REASON there is a GOD

For SOME REASON GOD decided to invent the UNIVERSE.

For SOME REASON GOD decided to create ADAM, then EVE.

Now for SOME REASON he cares about us all personally.

And FOR SOME REASON one day he'll destroy the universe and take us all to heaven or hell.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Well according to Scientology we were dropped off here by aliens and they're going to come back one day to pick up only those who bought L Ron Hubbard's books. :dunno:

I think the one thing about abiogenesis and the early Earth that's just mind blowing is the time scale it's on. We're talking billions of years. I can't even comprehend how long that is. My grandparents seem OLD, and they're only like seventy-ish.

There is or was an idea floating around, and I don't know how old it is, that single-celled organisms showed up on earth via meteorite. I think it was a Neil deGrasse Tyson lecture on youtbue that I heard this in. Something to think about I guess.

How did the aliens come to be? That's the best question for them. I bought the book, but I use it to keep a desk from wobbling. Does that mean when they come to take us away, they drop me off somewhere else? Will it be the nicer part since it's my computer desk?

I've heard that too. How did it live? Where did it come from? Why did it change to something else completly when there was no need?

More questions than answers, it seems.

Forum List

Back