How did we get from rocks and water to us?

Well we know that bodies, especially dead ones dont fare well out in the elements. Hot to mention the fact that animals like to tear them up and scatter them.

And there you have your answer- survival of remains is rare even with great care; natural fossilization is even more rare. Combined with tectonic and other destructive forces and the fact that we haven't scoured every cubic inch of the planet, and you end up with the rarity of fossils that you mentioned

The Earth is guesstimated at what four to six billion years old ? In that time span we have sea critters, dinosaurs, mega fauna, cave men, and us. All but us humans are gone, but we still find bones (fossils) so some ware there has to be an in between skeleton some ware. So why wouldn't they be found with the others and what killed off the extinct species above ?
1) fossilation only occurs under certain conditions

2) even once a fossil is made, millions of years of tectonic forces tends to destroy them

3) each generation is subject to genetic mutation within the germ cell line. While no generation is substantially different than the one prior the the one immediately following, over time the population can come to be more noticeably varied from ancestors from a few million years ago- or less, in some cases

4) some extinction events can be triggered by environmental changes, volcanoes, and comets, for starters

Try getting a middle-school science book if you difficulty grasping the basics

I was gonna give an honest reply regarding the competing theories of abiogenesis and such, but then I read the OP and realized thumbs is just trolling and hardly seems interested in an honest discussion of the matter

Not at all.

Feel free to discuss what you want.

I would love to hear the theory of why anything would change, drastically from what it is into something else.

How did we, not just go from kelp to trees, but how did we get kelp?

I know the water + lighting = life man has been debunked by other scientist, but he had a cool idea.

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Something made something go bang in our reality.
Our star was formed.
Out earth was tumbling molten rock.
We get hit by a stray planet about the size of Mars.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
We get some life forms. outta nothing, literally, nothing.
earth freezes, kills everything.
Earth melts, there's life in the sea, from nothing, again.
For no reason, moss move onto the barren rocks.
Moss becomes trees, for no reason.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Earth becomes a barren waste land from the heat.
Heat cools.
Dinosaurs, again, outta thin air.
Dino's die, and boom, mammals take over.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

I also don't believe in coincidence. And THAT'S a lot of them.

So to think there isn't something helping life along, just seems arrogant.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting. I watched one the other day about the absence of fossilized "in between" animals, humans or plants.

The KT(?) boundry. That's when the asteroid hit, finishing off a dying population of dinos.

Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

Fractals and the Branes theory is all over my head.

I watched one on how the universe got here. It was a lot of mind cramping stuff that ended in the idea that there are 11 parallel planes or universes and we came about from them crashing together.

that's the latest theory. Next year there will be another in the works

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Heat cools.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting encapsulation of one thoery (whose theory? Nobody knows since TT just invented it) cosmology, there, TT.

So I guess you believe the following encapsulation of the theory of Intelligent design? yes, I do

For SOME REASON there is a GOD I have no idea how or why.

For SOME REASON GOD decided to invent the UNIVERSE. It may have made him at the same time, for all I know.

For SOME REASON GOD decided to create ADAM, then EVE. No idea. Science says we came from about 200 people that lived about 70K years ago.

Now for SOME REASON he cares about us all personally. I'd say no more than it does everything else.

And FOR SOME REASON one day he'll destroy the universe and take us all to heaven or hell. Why? Other than it's tired of playing of with us.

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

Sorry if scinece 800 pund gorilla makes me wonder how the hell we got from rocks and water to you and me talking.

So you clearly don't like the idea of a divine being.

So tell me;

How did we go from rock and water to us?

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting encapsulation of one thoery (whose theory? Nobody knows since TT just invented it) cosmology, there, TT.

So I guess you believe the following encapsulation of the theory of Intelligent design? yes, I do

For SOME REASON GOD decided to invent the UNIVERSE. It may have made him at the same time, for all I know.

For SOME REASON GOD decided to create ADAM, then EVE. No idea. Science says we came from about 200 people that lived about 70K years ago.

Now for SOME REASON he cares about us all personally. I'd say no more than it does everything else.

And FOR SOME REASON one day he'll destroy the universe and take us all to heaven or hell. Why? Other than it's tired of playing of with us.

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

editec is always pissed off. It has to do with not believing in anything, compounded by the fact that he knows that if there is a God, he's rejected him so he's shit out of luck.

All atheists are always pissy.

Miller

Miller and Urey experiment[1] (or Urey–Miller experiment)[2] was an experiment that simulated hypothetical conditions thought at the time to be present on the early Earth, and tested for the occurrence of chemical origins of life. Specifically, the experiment tested Alexander Oparin's and J. B. S. Haldane's hypothesis that conditions on the primitive Earth favored chemical reactions that synthesized organic compounds from inorganic precursors. Considered to be the classic experiment on the origin of life, it was conducted in 1952[3] and published in 1953 by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey at the University of Chicago.[4][5][6]

After Miller's death in 2007, scientists examining sealed vials preserved from the original experiments were able to show that there were actually well over 20 different amino acids produced in Miller's original experiments. That is considerably more than what Miller originally reported, and more than the 20 that naturally occur in life.[7] Moreover, some evidence suggests that Earth's original atmosphere might have had a different composition than the gas used in the Miller–Urey experiment. There is abundant evidence of major volcanic eruptions 4 billion years ago, which would have released carbon dioxide, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere. Experiments using these gases in addition to the ones in the original Miller–Urey experiment have produced more diverse molecules.[8]

Now is gods name Miller or Urey?

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. Nor I. Merely pointing out that your complaints are steeped in a very confused version of what that theory posits

Sorry if scinece 800 pund gorilla makes me wonder how the hell we got from rocks and water to you and me talking. Understood. I have absolutely no problem that you can't figure it out. Partially I suspect that because you never studied that theory in any depth. Am I wrong?

So you clearly don't like the idea of a divine being. No, you are actually wrong in guessing that I am an atheist.

Nevertheless, my response stems from the fact that you've take a highly complex scientific theory and reduced it to something wholly unlike what it really says. It's not your beliefs I object to, its your intellectual dishonestly of creating a STRAW MAN and then trying to pass that nonsense off as the theory you are questioning.

So tell me;

How did we go from rock and water to us?

You expect me to encapsulate the entire theory of the development of carbon oxygen nitrogen and hydrogen becoming into life HERE?!

The last time I studied that theory, it took us 9 months to get from the formation of the planet earth to the development of a virus. We didn't have time enough in the school year to make it to a living cell. And our lectures last 40 minutes a day for an entire school year.

I can't do that theory any justice in this venue. Hell I'm not the man to do it justice in ANY venue.

But what I do know is that your encapsulation of it is worthless, and if that's what you think that theory says, you have been misinformed.

Last edited:
Number 2 on Babble's list.

I'm surprised she hasn't pointed that out yet. :lol:

The University of Phoenix Master List of Logical Fallacies

2. Ad ignorantium or APPEAL TO IGNORANCE. Arguing on the basis of what is not known and cannot be proven. (Sometimes called the “burden of proof” fallacy). If you can't prove that something is true then it must be false (and vice versa). Example: You can't prove there isn't a Loch Ness Monster, so there must be one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZpsVSVRsZk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZpsVSVRsZk[/ame]

Try to sit through the whole video.
None of it was random or "From Nothing."

Forum List

Back