How did we get from rocks and water to us?

Ok,

So any ideas on how we got from rocks and water to you and me?
abiogenesis - Google Search

I saw this. This is the lightning bolt hitting the ocean theory.

All scientist were impressed when this came out, now, all but a few call it non-sense.

Still kinda cool how he did.

Why do you pretend it is what it is not?

There is solid science which shows spontanious combination of nucleaic acids forming chains.

It has been produced in a lab.

Fully documented and repeted.

This is why the people who value science get so frustrated with the religious people trying to pretend we dont know what we do in fact know.

If you must pretend sceintific fact doesnt exsist then please at least refrain from asking us to never learn about these scientific facts and join you in your dark closet.

Yes we do know about the tides and moon and even DNA.

please stop asking us to pretend we dont.

I saw this. This is the lightning bolt hitting the ocean theory.

All scientist were impressed when this came out, now, all but a few call it non-sense.

Still kinda cool how he did.

Why do you pretend it is what it is not?

There is solid science which shows spontanious combination of nucleaic acids forming chains.

It has been produced in a lab.

Fully documented and repeted.

This is why the people who value science get so frustrated with the religious people trying to pretend we dont know what we do in fact know.

If you must pretend sceintific fact doesnt exsist then please at least refrain from asking us to never learn about these scientific facts and join you in your dark closet.

Yes we do know about the tides and moon and even DNA.

please stop asking us to pretend we dont.

I'm not pretending anything.

that theory is not supported by a vast majority of scientist. Most call it bunk.

those are facts.

It's still a very cool theory, and in the end it may be right. But right now scientist tell you that you are wrong.

that's not pretend.

I'm not here to piss anyone off, support any theory over another etc, etc. I'm going with what I know, and am listening to what other people know. If I know other scientist say something is bullshit, I will state that I know that.

I'm simply a person that lives in wonder of how we got from rocks and water to us. Millers lighting theory is very cool, there are others that are also cool.

None breach the gap of nothing to something to the point that doesn't satifiy my curiosity.

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Something made something go bang in our reality.
Our star was formed.
Out earth was tumbling molten rock.
We get hit by a stray planet about the size of Mars.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
We get some life forms. outta nothing, literally, nothing.
earth freezes, kills everything.
Earth melts, there's life in the sea, from nothing, again.
For no reason, moss move onto the barren rocks.
Moss becomes trees, for no reason.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Earth becomes a barren waste land from the heat.
Heat cools.
Dinosaurs, again, outta thin air.
Dino's die, and boom, mammals take over.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

I also don't believe in coincidence. And THAT'S a lot of them.

So to think there isn't something helping life along, just seems arrogant.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to hear the theory of why anything would change, drastically from what it is into something else.

I've never heard any scientific theory that proposed such a thing

Ok,

There is a mountain of information you have not been able to absorb. Doesn't hurt to ask but ...seriously ... the problem isn't any lack of theory ... maybe you just are not wired to process the knowledge. In the OP you are the one that skips past most of the obvious steps and gradual changes that needed to occur to get from "there" to "here".

Perhaps your most profound misconception is the "rocks" starting point. Think "particles" as in the components of atoms as the starting point of matter. The "bang" was singular in it's effect on the particles in that it only produced hydrogen and helium as atoms leaving the vast majority of the "debris" as un measurable dark matter. All of the other humanly definable matter was created by a secondary cauldron known as super novas. The vast range of temps, pressures, and slight variation of time acting on the hydrogen and helium "cooked" those elements rearranging the electrons and neutrons fusing them into the elements we see filling out the periodic table. "Rocks" didn't form until long after the first super novas occurred. A crude example could be the "cracking" of raw petroleum into the various chemical components we use. Then the components get further "refined" such as the emissions from your automobile's tailpipe.

I've never heard any scientific theory that proposed such a thing

Ok,

There is a mountain of information you have not been able to absorb. Doesn't hurt to ask but ...seriously ... the problem isn't any lack of theory ... maybe you just are not wired to process the knowledge. In the OP you are the one that skips past most of the obvious steps and gradual changes that needed to occur to get from "there" to "here".

Perhaps your most profound misconception is the "rocks" starting point. Think "particles" as in the components of atoms as the starting point of matter. The "bang" was singular in it's effect on the particles in that it only produced hydrogen and helium as atoms leaving the vast majority of the "debris" as un measurable dark matter. All of the other humanly definable matter was created by a secondary cauldron known as super novas. The vast range of temps, pressures, and slight variation of time acting on the hydrogen and helium "cooked" those elements rearranging the electrons and neutrons fusing them into the elements we see filling out the periodic table. "Rocks" didn't form until long after the first super novas occurred. A crude example could be the "cracking" of raw petroleum into the various chemical components we use. Then the components get further "refined" such as the emissions from your automobile's tailpipe.

Cool I like that idea.

so how did we get trees for algea? that's a bit of a stretch, even for wide sweeps in environment.

Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

Fractals and the Branes theory is all over my head.

I watched one on how the universe got here. It was a lot of mind cramping stuff that ended in the idea that there are 11 parallel planes or universes and we came about from them crashing together.

that's the latest theory. Next year there will be another in the works

Think that is bid ? Watch what the bleep down the rabbit hole.

Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

I watched one on how the universe got here. It was a lot of mind cramping stuff that ended in the idea that there are 11 parallel planes or universes and we came about from them crashing together.

What?

Did you mean; think that is big? If so yes. They took a long time trying to come up with a math theory of what was just before the big bang.

2nd line makes no sense to me. sorry, help a bruthah out, on that one.

Last edited:

What?

Did you mean; think that is big? If so yes. They took a long time trying to come up with a math theory of what was just before the big bang.

2nd line makes no sense to me. sorry, help a bruthah out, on that one.

My brother is heavy into this stuff. He tried to explain it to me from his point of view, but could not. He recommended a DVD called "What the bleep down the rabbit hole". I will see if I can find a link to it for you. I will warn you now, Do not pay for it. You will be pissed that you spent money on it. Give me a minute.

And there you have your answer- survival of remains is rare even with great care; natural fossilization is even more rare. Combined with tectonic and other destructive forces and the fact that we haven't scoured every cubic inch of the planet, and you end up with the rarity of fossils that you mentioned

The Earth is guesstimated at what four to six billion years old ? In that time span we have sea critters, dinosaurs, mega fauna, cave men, and us. All but us humans are gone, but we still find bones (fossils) so some ware there has to be an in between skeleton some ware. So why wouldn't they be found with the others and what killed off the extinct species above ?
1) fossilation only occurs under certain conditions

2) even once a fossil is made, millions of years of tectonic forces tends to destroy them

3) each generation is subject to genetic mutation within the germ cell line. While no generation is substantially different than the one prior the the one immediately following, over time the population can come to be more noticeably varied from ancestors from a few million years ago- or less, in some cases

4) some extinction events can be triggered by environmental changes, volcanoes, and comets, for starters

Try getting a middle-school science book if you difficulty grasping the basics

Ok, fossils, even so they are scatted every ware. through it all they are here.Ware I live you can pick them up off of the ground. People have been finding them since we have walked upright on the planet, and as long as they have been studied, There have been no signes that they evolved. Not slowly and not over night. Its ok I can read behind the lines, you just dont know either.

Ok,

Cool I like that idea.

so how did we get trees for algea? that's a bit of a stretch, even for wide sweeps in environment.

The earths atmosphere has changed from when the earliest life developed in sea water. Life on land wasn't possible until the gases released from the first sea life changed the chemical composition of the "air" making photo synthesis possible outside of the oceans and lakes. Trees are just one of the many variations evolved from water "plants". Think of kelp as an intermediate form of plant.

Cool I like that idea.

The earths atmosphere has changed from when the earliest life developed in sea water. Life on land wasn't possible until the gases released from the first sea life changed the chemical composition of the "air" making photo synthesis possible outside of the oceans and lakes. Trees are just one of the many variations evolved from water "plants". Think of kelp as an intermediate form of plant.

Interested in hearing more if you have it.

Cool I like that idea.

Yes, we know the theory, what's missing is evidence. Fossil record. DNA. Anything.

Cool I like that idea.

Yes, we know the theory, what's missing is evidence. Fossil record. DNA. Anything.

Gotta side with Allie on this one.

Kelp to trees isn't just a subtle change, that's a vast alteration.

the first thing on land was algea.

while it's still a stretch for me to buy the lighting - amino acids - single cell - plants and animals bit. (yes, I know, it's mashed down and delutid)
I can see a seed from a sea plant getting stuck on land and changing to fix living off rocks and limited water (compared to submerged). I just can't see what would cause algea to sprout branches.

meh, maybe science can explain it later, using small words and pictures. :lol:

Cool I like that idea.

I doubt you "know" the theory. I suspect you know "of" the theory. I believe your "faith" has prevented you from actually looking at the evidence and theory in any serious fashion.

You WANT there to be a god. I get that. Little children WANT there to be a Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny and a Tooth Fairy. They also believe in monsters hiding under their beds. There is much power in repetition and peer pressure. Attempting to see through a fantasy that is overwhelmingly reinforced can be trying to say the least. At a certain point it is just easier to stick with what makes you comfortable. Not everyone needs that kind of reassurance.

I can appreciate your involvement in these kinds of discussions but you seem to only be equipped to repeat your devotion and not speak of the advancements in understanding science has brought us. If you had a thorough understanding of the best science and still chose faith as your foundation I would think it bizarre but have to respect an informed choice. I would suggest that "ridicule" is a two way street and suits the argument against a deity more than the best scientists conclusions from whence life sprang.

while it's still a stretch for me to buy the lighting - amino acids - single cell - plants and animals bit. (yes, I know, it's mashed down and delutid)
I can see a seed from a sea plant getting stuck on land and changing to fix living off rocks and limited water (compared to submerged). I just can't see what would cause algea to sprout branches.

I was not suggesting kelp was THE missing link. It is just similar to the shape and function of a tree. It is evidence for that pattern having been established. We have been over the rudiments of cells with different characteristics being assimilated by other plants and organisms making them adapt and compete more effectively with other similar less evolved plants and organisms. These adaptions were critical to survival as the environment changed from biological and non biological forces.

I was not suggesting kelp was THE missing link. It is just similar to the shape and function of a tree. It is evidence for that pattern having been established. We have been over the rudiments of cells with different characteristics being assimilated by other plants and organisms making them adapt and compete more effectively with other similar less evolved plants and organisms. These adaptions were critical to survival as the environment changed from biological and non biological forces.

I got that you didn't mean kelp turned into trees. I'm not that dense.

Even with cometition, changes in the land scape, etc, etc. It doesn't make enough sense that algea would grow into trees, and there be more than one kind of tree side by side.

I know we are unlikely to get fossils and dna, since most of those plants become coal that would be used to keep us warm and fuel humanties expansion.

Another coincedence, I'm sure.

Forum List

Back