How did we get from rocks and water to us?

Gotta side with Allie on this one.

Kelp to trees isn't just a subtle change, that's a vast alteration.

the first thing on land was algea.

while it's still a stretch for me to buy the lighting - amino acids - single cell - plants and animals bit. (yes, I know, it's mashed down and delutid)
I can see a seed from a sea plant getting stuck on land and changing to fix living off rocks and limited water (compared to submerged). I just can't see what would cause algea to sprout branches.

meh, maybe science can explain it later, using small words and pictures. :lol:

I was not suggesting kelp was THE missing link. It is just similar to the shape and function of a tree. It is evidence for that pattern having been established. We have been over the rudiments of cells with different characteristics being assimilated by other plants and organisms making them adapt and compete more effectively with other similar less evolved plants and organisms. These adaptions were critical to survival as the environment changed from biological and non biological forces.

I got that you didn't mean kelp turned into trees. I'm not that dense.

Even with cometition, changes in the land scape, etc, etc. It doesn't make enough sense that algea would grow into trees, and there be more than one kind of tree side by side.

I know we are unlikely to get fossils and dna, since most of those plants become coal that would be used to keep us warm and fuel humanties expansion.

Another coincedence, I'm sure.

you have to admit though, its pretty damn cool aint it ?

I was not suggesting kelp was THE missing link. It is just similar to the shape and function of a tree. It is evidence for that pattern having been established. We have been over the rudiments of cells with different characteristics being assimilated by other plants and organisms making them adapt and compete more effectively with other similar less evolved plants and organisms. These adaptions were critical to survival as the environment changed from biological and non biological forces.

Even with cometition, changes in the land scape, etc, etc. It doesn't make enough sense that algea would grow into trees, and there be more than one kind of tree side by side.

I know we are unlikely to get fossils and dna, since most of those plants become coal that would be used to keep us warm and fuel humanties expansion.

Heck yeah!

As science makes vast jumps you get to learn more and more cool stuff.

I actually do want to know how we got from rocks and water to us. I know most of that will go over my head. but if it doesn't make sense, or leaves huge gaps....

Heck yeah!

I actually do want to know how we got from rocks and water to us. I know most of that will go over my head. but if it doesn't make sense, or leaves huge gaps....

And it always does. Thats why I chose faith, But thats no reason to stop asking why, and how.

Heck yeah!

And it always does. Thats why I chose faith, But thats no reason to stop asking why, and how.

that sounded like scientist believing in something divine.

Aside from that, it's a good thing I didn't pay for it. :lol:

But it was kinda funny.

Heck yeah!

that sounded like scientist believing in something divine.

Aside from that, it's a good thing I didn't pay for it. :lol:

But it was kinda funny.

I tried to stop you . Did you watch all of it ?

I saw this. This is the lightning bolt hitting the ocean theory.

All scientist were impressed when this came out, now, all but a few call it non-sense.

Still kinda cool how he did.

Why do you pretend it is what it is not?

There is solid science which shows spontanious combination of nucleaic acids forming chains.

It has been produced in a lab.

Fully documented and repeted.

This is why the people who value science get so frustrated with the religious people trying to pretend we dont know what we do in fact know.

If you must pretend sceintific fact doesnt exsist then please at least refrain from asking us to never learn about these scientific facts and join you in your dark closet.

Yes we do know about the tides and moon and even DNA.

please stop asking us to pretend we dont.

I'm not pretending anything.

that theory is not supported by a vast majority of scientist. Most call it bunk.what theory are you speaking of?

those are facts.

It's still a very cool theory, and in the end it may be right. But right now scientist tell you that you are wrong.

that's not pretend.

I'm not here to piss anyone off, support any theory over another etc, etc. I'm going with what I know, and am listening to what other people know. If I know other scientist say something is bullshit, I will state that I know that.

I'm simply a person that lives in wonder of how we got from rocks and water to us. Millers lighting theory is very cool, there are others that are also cool.

None breach the gap of nothing to something to the point that doesn't satifiy my curiosity.

Did you read the scientific studies I gave you ?

When we can't explain something, let's just chalk it up to an invisible man in the sky. Seems logical....errrr more like lazy.

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Something made something go bang in our reality.
Our star was formed.
Out earth was tumbling molten rock.
We get hit by a stray planet about the size of Mars.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
We get some life forms. outta nothing, literally, nothing.
earth freezes, kills everything.
Earth melts, there's life in the sea, from nothing, again.
For no reason, moss move onto the barren rocks.
Moss becomes trees, for no reason.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Earth becomes a barren waste land from the heat.
Heat cools.
Dinosaurs, again, outta thin air.
Dino's die, and boom, mammals take over.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

I also don't believe in coincidence. And THAT'S a lot of them.

So to think there isn't something helping life along, just seems arrogant.

Thanks for reading.

For no reason? You're just fishing for your desired reason. Why aren't the Laws of Chemistry and Physics good enough for you? If it's a designer you're looking for, it's in those laws, set in motion at the Big Bang ("Let there be light").

I just watched another how the earth was made documentary on Nat Geo. And I'm just as amazed as ever that we are here, let alone able to communicate like this.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
A fish jumps out of the water and stays out of the water cuz it can, for no reason.
Heat cools.

I'm not one to follow religions. I think most are bunk with wisdom tossed in and enough rules to control the flock.

Thanks for reading.

For no reason? You're just fishing for your desired reason. Why aren't the Laws of Chemistry and Physics good enough for you? If it's a designer you're looking for, it's in those laws, set in motion at the Big Bang ("Let there be light").

As long as it doesn't encourage the sacrifice of puppies and kittens, gives one a sense of worth in the greater scheme of things is that's not so bad .

Why do you pretend it is what it is not?

There is solid science which shows spontanious combination of nucleaic acids forming chains.

It has been produced in a lab.

Fully documented and repeted.

This is why the people who value science get so frustrated with the religious people trying to pretend we dont know what we do in fact know.

If you must pretend sceintific fact doesnt exsist then please at least refrain from asking us to never learn about these scientific facts and join you in your dark closet.

Yes we do know about the tides and moon and even DNA.

please stop asking us to pretend we dont.

I'm not pretending anything.

that theory is not supported by a vast majority of scientist. Most call it bunk.what theory are you speaking of?

those are facts.

It's still a very cool theory, and in the end it may be right. But right now scientist tell you that you are wrong.

that's not pretend.

I'm not here to piss anyone off, support any theory over another etc, etc. I'm going with what I know, and am listening to what other people know. If I know other scientist say something is bullshit, I will state that I know that.

I'm simply a person that lives in wonder of how we got from rocks and water to us. Millers lighting theory is very cool, there are others that are also cool.

None breach the gap of nothing to something to the point that doesn't satifiy my curiosity.

Did you read the scientific studies I gave you ?

sorry, I may have confused what you posted with the lightning bolt theory. that was has been tossed by other scientist unless there has been a change in the last 6 months.

I've been to busy to read all your links, plus I the need to look up some of the words, gets tiring.

This is the nut shell.

Our star was formed.
That stabilizes us.
Water shows up.
Heat cools.

Thanks for reading.

don't confuse me with someone that thinks the bible is the word of god, or any god.

Also don't confuse me with being an arrogant jackass that tosses out the idea of a divine being b/c some people say so.

Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

Fractals and the Branes theory is all over my head.

I watched one on how the universe got here. It was a lot of mind cramping stuff that ended in the idea that there are 11 parallel planes or universes and we came about from them crashing together.

that's the latest theory. Next year there will be another in the works
Well, that's a little closer to what science says than your OP, but that's still not what science says. However, it more accurately speaks to your level of comprehension for science!!!!

What String Theory actually says is there are 11 DIMENSIONS, 10 spacial dimensions and one of time.

Of course our existence isn't random or coincidental.

What do you know about fractals?

17.gif

Tell me that's random. Repeating patterns, ad infinitum.

Fractals and the Branes theory is all over my head.

I watched one on how the universe got here. It was a lot of mind cramping stuff that ended in the idea that there are 11 parallel planes or universes and we came about from them crashing together.

that's the latest theory. Next year there will be another in the works
Well, that's a little closer to what science says than your OP, but that's still not what science says. However, it more accurately speaks to your level of comprehension for science!!!!

What String Theory actually says is there are 11 DIMENSIONS, 10 spacial dimensions and one of time.

Ya know, I have been polite the whole way through this thread.

and it wasn't until cock sucking muther fuckers like you and a couple of others that showed up, and ruined it.

the 11 dimensions came right out of the scientists mouth that was on the show, b/c even he knew that to say there's 10 dimensions and one for time if fucking stewpud.

But thanks for being yet another trolling through asshole with NOTHING constructive to add.

When we can't explain something, let's just chalk it up to an invisible man in the sky. Seems logical....errrr more like lazy.

Anything constructive to add?

Or are you just trolling through

Wow, struck a nerve with my simple statement, did I? Don't get so butthurt that your invisible hero is either a catastrophic failure or doesn't exist. Your choice.

Forum List

Back