How Carly Fiorina Screwed Her Campaign Staff—and Paid Herself First

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
This woman will never be president, because Americans will never vote for a real POS. The longer she's in, the most revolting things we find out about her.

ONE MILLION FOR ME, NONE FOR YOU
09.25.151:00 AM ET

How Carly Fiorina Screwed Her Campaign Staff—and Paid Herself First

When Fiorina lost her Senate bid in 2010, she had lots of bills left to pay. So she did what any multimillionaire who loaned her campaign cash would do: She paid herself first.

After Carly Fiorina’s unsuccessful 2010 run for Senate in California, it took her more than four years to fully pay staff and vendors for their work on her campaign to unseat Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer.

But a review of Federal Election Commission records by The Daily Beast shows that Fiorina first paid herself back for more than $1.25 million in personal loans she made to the campaign, including a $1 million check on the day before Election Day. That check set the campaign back so far it was impossible to pay staff and vendors what they were owed for years.

Marty Wilson, Fiorina’s then-campaign manager, said Fiorina knew at the time that there would be debts at the end of the campaign, but that it was difficult to know how deep the debt would be.

“The problem with campaigns is you project debt based on what you think revenues are going to be,” Wilson said. “People say they are going to send money, but Election Day comes and goes, and you’ve lost, and those receivables don’t materialize.”

With more than $1 million out the door at the last minute and a shortfall in fundraising commitments, the campaign ended nearly $500,000 in debt, unable to pay vendors and staff, including Wilson, who was owed more than $60,000.

More at the link.

And this bitch has the nerve to lecture us about "America's character"?

I'm constantly amused by the idea that someone's first job in any level of government could be President of the United States.

That Carly thinks it's no big deal is all you really need to know about her readiness for the position. The word "clueless" doesn't begin to describe her.

I'm constantly amused by the idea that someone's first job in any level of government could be President of the United States.

That Carly thinks it's no big deal is all you really need to know about her readiness for the position. The word "clueless" doesn't begin to describe her.

I'm pretty sure "clueless" has already been designated for Barack Obama, Candy...you'll have to get a new one for Carly...sorry.

I'm amazed that someone could get to president without ever having a real world job...

I'm pretty sure "clueless" has already been designated for Barack Obama, Candy...you'll have to get a new one for Carly...sorry.

OBL is dead, GM is alive. 332-206.

Osama bin Laden is dead...ISIS is very much alive and much worse than OBL. Thanks, Barry!

I'm amazed that someone could get to president without ever having a real world job...

Why would you be surprised at that? Other professions often see people do nothing but the Law and end up as a judge or Justice on a court. Physicians often are doctors their entire lives. Politics is just another profession.

Osama bin Laden is dead...ISIS is very much alive and much worse than OBL. Thanks, Barry!

Your opinion (amateur though it is) is noted. 332-206.

I'm amazed that someone could become President without doing anything exceptional at a single job they've held since they left Harvard Law School!

I'm amazed that someone could become President without doing anything exceptional at a single job they've held since they left Harvard Law School!

I guess when the opposition party is so out of touch it's not that amazing. Obama proves daily that the American people made the right choice; twice in 08 and 12

Gas is less than $2 a gallon in many places. Thanks Mr. President.

Oh, Candy...you're not REALLY trying to give "Ole' $6 A Gallon" Barry credit for the low gas prices we're currently enjoying! Nobody's that naive!

It would be up around $6 a gallon if we were still in the middle east. The President wisely pulled us out of the middle east and got us out of the winless wars that Bush got us into with your full support.

Why would you be surprised at that? Other professions often see people do nothing but the Law and end up as a judge or Justice on a court. Physicians often are doctors their entire lives. Politics is just another profession.

Obama is/was unaccomplished. Everything has been given to him. He's nothing more than a puppet.

Obama is/was unaccomplished. Everything has been given to him. He's nothing more than a puppet.

Forum List

Back