How Carly Fiorina Screwed Her Campaign Staff—and Paid Herself First

I'm constantly amused by the idea that someone's first job in any level of government could be President of the United States.

That Carly thinks it's no big deal is all you really need to know about her readiness for the position. The word "clueless" doesn't begin to describe her.

I'm amazed that someone could get to president without ever having a real world job...

Why would you be surprised at that? Other professions often see people do nothing but the Law and end up as a judge or Justice on a court. Physicians often are doctors their entire lives. Politics is just another profession.

Obama is/was unaccomplished. Everything has been given to him. He's nothing more than a puppet.

Total bullshit.
Elected President Twice.
Nobel Prize Winner
Professor to wayward Republican lawmakers
Will go down as a top 20 (likely top 15) President

That he totally pisses you off is just a nice bonus.

Gas is less than $2 a gallon in many places. Thanks Mr. President.

Oh, Candy...you're not REALLY trying to give "Ole' $6 A Gallon" Barry credit for the low gas prices we're currently enjoying! Nobody's that naive!

It would be up around $6 a gallon if we were still in the middle east. The President wisely pulled us out of the middle east and got us out of the winless wars that Bush got us into with your full support.

Oh, Candy...now you're going to double down and show your total ignorance about what sets oil prices? Obama turning the Middle East over to ISIS had nothing to do with oil prices going down...the majority of that took place because production of oil and natural gas EXPLODED in the US because of new exploration techniques, which in turn prompted other oil producers to lower their prices. You can't give Barry credit for THAT however because on Federally controlled lands fossil fuel production went down. The place where all of that new oil and natural gas was produced was on lands that WEREN'T controlled by Barry and his minions!

Oh, Candy...you're not REALLY trying to give "Ole' $6 A Gallon" Barry credit for the low gas prices we're currently enjoying! Nobody's that naive!

It would be up around $6 a gallon if we were still in the middle east. The President wisely pulled us out of the middle east and got us out of the winless wars that Bush got us into with your full support.

Oh, Candy...now you're going to double down and show your total ignorance about what sets oil prices? Obama turning the Middle East over to ISIS had nothing to do with oil prices going down...the majority of that took place because production of oil and natural gas EXPLODED in the US because of new exploration techniques, which in turn prompted other oil producers to lower their prices. You can't give Barry credit for THAT however because on Federally controlled lands fossil fuel production went down. The place where all of that new oil and natural gas was produced was on lands that WEREN'T controlled by Barry and his minions!

one can give berry credit for lower oil prices in spite of his actions

I thought Carly did well responding to Trump's "That face" comment with her ad. She was terrible on MTP today. She looked grumpy, she evaded the questions, tried to be tricky with her responses to make herself look better..

I didn't know about the $1m payout but that will hurt her campaign. I don't see her even coming close.

I'm constantly amused by the idea that someone's first job in any level of government could be President of the United States.

That Carly thinks it's no big deal is all you really need to know about her readiness for the position. The word "clueless" doesn't begin to describe her.

I'm amazed that someone could get to president without ever having a real world job...

Why would you be surprised at that? Other professions often see people do nothing but the Law and end up as a judge or Justice on a court. Physicians often are doctors their entire lives. Politics is just another profession.

Obama is/was unaccomplished. Everything has been given to him. He's nothing more than a puppet.

Total bullshit.
Elected President Twice.
Nobel Prize Winner

Look at what you just listed there, Candy! Was Barack Obama a great lawyer? I've never seen him described that way at all. He got a figurehead job at a big law firm because he was the first black President of the Law Review. Did he do anything with that job once he had it?
He taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago. Name a single scholarly work that Barack Obama, college professor, ever produced. If you teach at the college level it's "publish or perish"...yet Barry never wrote anything other than some strange semi-auto biographical semi-fictional accounts of what he wanted people to THINK his experiences growing up were like.
He was a legislator with the Illinois State Senate for two years and didn't pass a single piece of legislation that he wrote. Not one! It wasn't until Barry went to Emile Jones and asked for help that he was given other people's legislation and allowed to sign his name to it...a practice that he continued as he went to the US Senate. Barack Obama doesn't have a clue how to write good legislation...he just knows how to sign his name on the work of someone else.
As for the Nobel Prize? I'm not even going to comment...

one can give berry credit for lower oil prices in spite of his actions

Why would you? If Obama had his way he'd like to see $6 a gallon gas because he and his little merry band of progressives think THAT would force us evil Americans into going "green"! The price of gas went down DESPITE Barry!

Total bullshit.
Elected President Twice.
Nobel Prize Winner

Look at what you just listed there, Candy! Was Barack Obama a great lawyer? I've never seen him described that way at all. He got a figurehead job at a big law firm because he was the first black President of the Law Review. Did he do anything with that job once he had it?
He taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago. Name a single scholarly work that Barack Obama, college professor, ever produced. If you teach at the college level it's "publish or perish"...yet Barry never wrote anything other than some strange semi-auto biographical semi-fictional accounts of what he wanted people to THINK his experiences growing up were like.
He was a legislator with the Illinois State Senate for two years and didn't pass a single piece of legislation that he wrote. Not one! It wasn't until Barry went to Emile Jones and asked for help that he was given other people's legislation and allowed to sign his name to it...a practice that he continued as he went to the US Senate. Barack Obama doesn't have a clue how to write good legislation...he just knows how to sign his name on the work of someone else.

Gee, and all of that is experience Carly doesn't have....getting back to the OP. Carly's name was never on legislation--then again, she never held office. Her name was never on a re-election ballot. Because she's never won an election.

332-206....earned it.

Sure I can....I just did.

We go into the Middle East; prices climb.
We leave the Middle East; prices drop.

I'm pretty sure "clueless" has already been designated for Barack Obama, Candy...you'll have to get a new one for Carly...sorry.

OBL is dead, GM is alive. 332-206.

OBL is the son that Ronald Reagan always wanted. He gave him so much US cash.

Conservatives grieved when he died. After all, he killed so many liberals.

I'm pretty sure "clueless" has already been designated for Barack Obama, Candy...you'll have to get a new one for Carly...sorry.
Red herring fallacy, the thread isn't about the president.

But your unwillingness to address the fact that Fiorina is unqualified to be president comes as no surprise.

And the same can be said for both Trump and Carson, 'candidates' equally clueless.

sama bin Laden is dead...ISIS is very much alive and much worse than OBL. Thanks, Barry!

Really? How are they worse? Their influence doesn't extend much beyond Iraq and Syria.

Just not our problem.

But I'm all for your wingnuts signing up and starting your own volunteer brigade. Bill Krystol can by your colonel, as he is like a military genius. Look how well all his ideas for Iraq turned out.

DogStyle, is Obama paying you rent on all that space he occupies in your head?

LIke it or not, Obama will probably be remembered as the most influential president since Reagan. ObamaCare has done that.

Always hysterical to see left-wing nujobs crying crocodile tears!1

lmao i have a few of my own examples though:

obama pays the women in his inner circle less than he pays the men

unions that fought for minimum-wage hikes want exemptions from it

idiots and hypocrites

And the same can be said for both Trump and Carson, 'candidates' equally clueless.

Correct.

This woman will never be president, because Americans will never vote for a real POS. The longer she's in, the most revolting things we find out about her.

ONE MILLION FOR ME, NONE FOR YOU
09.25.151:00 AM ET

How Carly Fiorina Screwed Her Campaign Staff—and Paid Herself First

When Fiorina lost her Senate bid in 2010, she had lots of bills left to pay. So she did what any multimillionaire who loaned her campaign cash would do: She paid herself first.

After Carly Fiorina’s unsuccessful 2010 run for Senate in California, it took her more than four years to fully pay staff and vendors for their work on her campaign to unseat Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer.

But a review of Federal Election Commission records by The Daily Beast shows that Fiorina first paid herself back for more than $1.25 million in personal loans she made to the campaign, including a $1 million check on the day before Election Day. That check set the campaign back so far it was impossible to pay staff and vendors what they were owed for years.

Marty Wilson, Fiorina’s then-campaign manager, said Fiorina knew at the time that there would be debts at the end of the campaign, but that it was difficult to know how deep the debt would be.

“The problem with campaigns is you project debt based on what you think revenues are going to be,” Wilson said. “People say they are going to send money, but Election Day comes and goes, and you’ve lost, and those receivables don’t materialize.”

With more than $1 million out the door at the last minute and a shortfall in fundraising commitments, the campaign ended nearly $500,000 in debt, unable to pay vendors and staff, including Wilson, who was owed more than $60,000.

More at the link.

Well, Americans voted for Obama, and he's a complete piece of shit. It can happen.

Forum List

Back