how can the world’s richest country let children go hungry?

Dec 25, 2011 11:50am by karen todd in
Politics

6 tricks corporate elites use to hoard all the wealth-
and they are doing a fine job of not only this....but are running a campaign for your mind as well- which ends up stealing and turning your heart not against them- but against the very poor people their creative ponzi scheme business model is generating----
as the con continues- more people now especially those recently made poor- people who thought that this would- could NEVER happen to them!!! are seeing that the american dream only works for the few at the top- it was their dream - as more and more americans find themselves homeless- jobless with nowhere to turn now- to remedy their plight....well we face obstacles all of the time throughout life - this one is an ever growing hurdle- lets hope that knowledge of why these things are- the way that they are- gets out there- that creative minds can indeed flip this b*tch - and keep this from ever happening again-

How Can the World's Richest Country Let Children Go Hungry? 6 Tricks Corporate Elites Use to Hoard All the Wealth

“Squeezed by rising living costs, a record number of Americans, nearly 1 in 2, have fallen into poverty or are scraping by on earnings that classify them as low income."

“In 2010, 17.2 million households, 14.5 percent of households (approximately one in seven), were food insecure, the highest number ever recorded in the

What’s going on here? Aren't we the richest country on earth?

Day in and day out we are told that if the government doesn’t tighten its belt, we’re all headed for debtor’s prison. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are under attack. State budgets are in disarray. Teachers and firemen are getting canned. Public services are slashed. This is the new America and we'd better get used to it, the pundits proclaim. You would think we were a poor country.

But we’re not. We’re filthy rich, but the money is hidden away by the 1 percent while poverty rises all around. Here’s why.

1. Productivity continues to rise but the 99 percent doesn’t share in the benefits.

read more http://doodleicious.amplify.com/201...orlds-richest-country-let-children-go-hungry/

How can the worlds riches country let children starve?

I guess you need to ask the sultan of Dubai that question.
Hey! No fair throwing facts into an envy-fueled leftist rant! :mad:

Politics

and they are doing a fine job of not only this....but are running a campaign for your mind as well- which ends up stealing and turning your heart not against them- but against the very poor people their creative ponzi scheme business model is generating----
as the con continues- more people now especially those recently made poor- people who thought that this would- could NEVER happen to them!!! are seeing that the american dream only works for the few at the top- it was their dream - as more and more americans find themselves homeless- jobless with nowhere to turn now- to remedy their plight....well we face obstacles all of the time throughout life - this one is an ever growing hurdle- lets hope that knowledge of why these things are- the way that they are- gets out there- that creative minds can indeed flip this b*tch - and keep this from ever happening again-

How Can the World's Richest Country Let Children Go Hungry? 6 Tricks Corporate Elites Use to Hoard All the Wealth

“Squeezed by rising living costs, a record number of Americans, nearly 1 in 2, have fallen into poverty or are scraping by on earnings that classify them as low income."

“In 2010, 17.2 million households, 14.5 percent of households (approximately one in seven), were food insecure, the highest number ever recorded in the

Day in and day out we are told that if the government doesn’t tighten its belt, we’re all headed for debtor’s prison. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are under attack. State budgets are in disarray. Teachers and firemen are getting canned. Public services are slashed. This is the new America and we'd better get used to it, the pundits proclaim. You would think we were a poor country.

But we’re not. We’re filthy rich, but the money is hidden away by the 1 percent while poverty rises all around. Here’s why.

1. Productivity continues to rise but the 99 percent doesn’t share in the benefits.

read more http://doodleicious.amplify.com/201...orlds-richest-country-let-children-go-hungry/

hey... he was the one talking about the worlds riches country letting the children starve......

He needs to take up that shit with the sultan... and a few others for that matter.

hey... he was the one talking about the worlds riches country letting the children starve......

He needs to take up that shit with the sultan... and a few others for that matter.
Gasp! Are you saying an emotional leftist opinion-hander-outer got a very basic fact wrong, and that an emotional leftist opinion-receiver swallowed it unquestioningly?

I say again: Gasp!!

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals," Bauer said during a town hall meeting, as the Greenville News reported over the weekend. "You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

South Carolina Lt. Governor Andre Bauer, who hopes to succeed fellow Republican Mark Sanford as his state's governor

S.C. Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Compares Helping Poor to Feeding Stray Animals - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

See? If you stop feeding them, they'll quit breeding.

"Starvation" from the party of "Let him die". Who knew?

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals," Bauer said during a town hall meeting, as the Greenville News reported over the weekend. "You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

South Carolina Lt. Governor Andre Bauer, who hopes to succeed fellow Republican Mark Sanford as his state's governor

S.C. Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Compares Helping Poor to Feeding Stray Animals - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Maybe Bauer's grandmother was a "typical white woman".

Or a "typical Republican".

What would you know about typical Republicans? You don't know any.

How many have you fed rdeano??????????????????????

You are buying, right? I'll take a Hot Pastrami Hero with extra mustard on the side, a sour pickle, and a 1/4 lb of cole slaw. Get me a 20 oz coke with that, and don't forget to tip. It better get here before it gets cold, like last time. :evil:

You are a funny guy, deanie...
....who writes this stuff for you?

"Malnutrition (also called undernutrition) is a condition of reduced health due to a chronic shortage of calories and nutriments. There is little or no evidence of poverty-induced malnutrition in the United States. It is often believed that a lack of financial resources forces poor people to eat low-quality diets that are deficient in nutriments and high in fat. However, survey data show that nutriment density (amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein per kilocalorie of food) does not vary by income class.[17] Nor do the poor consume higher-fat diets than do the middle class; the percentage of persons with high fat intake (as a share of total calories) is virtually the same for low-income and upper-middle-income persons.[18] Over-consumption of calories in general, however, is a major problem among the poor, as it is within the general U.S. population."
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

How 'bout you, deanie...a little chubby?

Now, understanding of the above would obviate any chance of a repeat of your kind of post, deanie....
...but only for a thinking individual.

Children didn't go hungry in the US before hunger was redefined as food insecurity. Meaning if you had plenty to eat today and thought there might come a time in the future when you woudn't have enough to eat you are food insecure subject to the hunger statistics.

So....your posts identify you as 'the typical handwirnging bloviator'?

This is one of the best quotes...shoots your worldview to shreds:

"Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

God bless America, huh, deanie?

Politics

my gawd, we don't LET any children in this country GO HUNGRY..
we have food banks
wic
welfare
food stamps
etc etc
knock it off with all these thread you post like this..

You are a funny guy, deanie...
....who writes this stuff for you?

"Malnutrition (also called undernutrition) is a condition of reduced health due to a chronic shortage of calories and nutriments. There is little or no evidence of poverty-induced malnutrition in the United States. It is often believed that a lack of financial resources forces poor people to eat low-quality diets that are deficient in nutriments and high in fat. However, survey data show that nutriment density (amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein per kilocalorie of food) does not vary by income class.[17] Nor do the poor consume higher-fat diets than do the middle class; the percentage of persons with high fat intake (as a share of total calories) is virtually the same for low-income and upper-middle-income persons.[18] Over-consumption of calories in general, however, is a major problem among the poor, as it is within the general U.S. population."

How 'bout you, deanie...a little chubby?

Now, understanding of the above would obviate any chance of a repeat of your kind of post, deanie....
...but only for a thinking individual.

And reality once again kicks derp's ass. :lol:

What would you know about typical Republicans? You don't know any.

If you're any example, then I know all I need to know.
Yes, but you deliberately distort and lie about the things I say.

So, no, you don't actually know any Republicans. You rely on stereotype and bigotry.

That's because you're a dishonest pseudo-intellectual.

Technology helping to develop ways to feed the world's hungry...
:clap2:
Scientists Developing Salt-Tolerant Rice
January 24, 2012 : Japan tsunami flooded rice paddies, destroying crop
Scientists are developing a salt-resistant variety of rice. The move was prompted, in part, by last year's Japan tsunami, which flooded some 20,000 hectares of rice paddies. The rice varieties Japanese farmers were growing in those paddies couldn't survive in salt-contaminated soil. Those ruined paddies might be the first to test out the new rice-growing techniques.

Delicate balance

The challenge before scientists, says plant biologist Sophien Kamoun at the Sainsbury Laboratory in the United Kingdom, is, “How do you introduce a new trait like salt tolerance into that local variety, while at the same time you maintain all the other traits that make that variety really ideal for that region?” Plant breeders normally take that ideal variety and mate, or cross, it with one that is salt-tolerant. Some of the offspring would acquire that trait. But they may also differ from the ideal variety in other ways. “If you make a cross, for example, with an unrelated variety of rice, you will have thousands of differences," Kamoun says.

Those differences may be good or bad. Accentuating the positive while eliminating the negative may take a decade or more. Kamoun and colleagues in Japan started instead with a popular high-quality rice variety and, using a technique common in plant breeding, introduced random changes - or mutations - in the plant’s genes with a chemical. “Then you end up with thousands of plants that have all kinds of changes in their habits," Kamoun says. "And then you plant them out there in the field and identify the plants that have particular traits of interest.”

Sequencing lots of genomes

See also:

Aquaponics Could Signal Future of Food
January 24, 2012 - Technique combines fish farming, soil-less plants
Imagine growing vegetables and fish in the same space. That’s the idea behind aquaponics, a marriage of fish farming and soil-less plant cultivation in a single, sustainable closed system. Supporters believe aquaponics can play a key role in alleviating food insecurity, addressing the problems of climate change, ground water pollution and overfishing.

Recirculating wetlands system

Aquaponics is really as old as nature itself. “Aquaponics is really a recirculating wetlands system, so it’s happening right on the banks of our lakes," says Sylvia Bernstein. Bernstein was a hydroponic gardener for years - growing plants without soil using a water-soluble chemical fertilizer - before discovering she could use the waste water from fish to grow organic vegetables and fruits. “Honestly, I was very skeptical and just couldn’t believe that something as simple as fish waste could become a complete fertilizer," she recalls. "So I had to actually see a system that was in a friend’s basement. But when I did, it changed my life.”

That was three years ago. Bernstein built her first aquaponics system with her 15-year-old son on a concrete pad outside her home in Boulder, Colorado. In her greenhouse today, she mainly raises tilapia and trout - feeding them once a day. There are no weeds in her aquaponics garden, and she doesn’t have to worry about watering. The plants are growing in containers at a table height for easy access. “I, just this morning, pulled four radishes and some lettuce for lunch," Bernstein says. "In my greenhouse right now, I grow all sorts of herbs, tomatoes, peppers.”

Bernstein started her own business, The Aquaponics Source, with an online store, her own YouTube channel and a blog. She teaches aquaponics at the Denver Botanic Gardens and recently published a book about how to set up an aquaponic garden at home. According to Berstein, a growing number of people in the U.S. and around the world are doing it, and enjoying the results: a year-round supply of healthful, safe and delicious food.

Earth-friendly food production

Forum List

Back