How Can Anybody Fail To See The Church's Real Goals

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Cammmpbell, May 25, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    The donated money is self serving while hundreds of millions on the planet starve and suffer from malnutrition:

......................................First Baptist in Orlando............................................

[​IMG]

...........Kansas City Missouri Temple ...........

[​IMG]

.....................................St. Peter's Square in Vatican City..................................

[​IMG]

...................................Cambodian Temple........................................

[​IMG]

.................................Sistene Chapel................................

[​IMG]

.................................Salt Lake Temple........................................

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,076
    What are you doing about all these poor suffering people?

I'll bet it less than any church

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I was in the church until I was over 60 years old. We always tithed our gross. I helped keep the books and served on the building committee. Most of our church's donated money went to make payments on the church building and the pastor's home, pay for his gasoline and travel expenses, pay for youth programs like the RA boys which consisted of children of members, once a year vacation bible school, religious retreats etc. A portion went to missionary work and 10% to our Southern Baptist Convention. I know what a church does with the money and these fancy buildings serve to prove my point.

I guess my situation could be likened to a Gay deciding to come out of the closet before death. As long as I'm breathing I will let the whole world know that my childhood brainwashing didn't work. After I passed my teens I never believed that superstitious nonsense.

4. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Maybe if you take them as an organization, then churches should take some off of the top to maintain themselves while they set out to perform charity work.

Now the need for granduer is kind of questionable for some religious organizations since these organizations tend to preach modesty and living a humble life and practicing frugality. In those cases, it seems like these particular groups discard what they preach.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    So you object to their real goal, which is the Worship of God, correct?

6. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Do you reali e that there are more than 4000 ancient gods being worshipped on this planet..........over 44,000 renditions of the new testament..........SCREW GOD AND THE JACKASS HE RODE IN ON

7. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    Here's a thought, go to a different church that better expresses your beliefs. I personally have only belonged for to small churches with basic structures for that reason. I've also belonged to a church that had no building at all for about 10 years. We did church services for a nursing home every week because they couldn't find a church willing to come out to them. We had services in parks,beaches,truckstops, it was some of the best years of my church going life. We had maybe 12 to 15 members, had bibles study out of our homes,had the whole church for dinner and cookouts. Money given went to the work of the Out reach ministries to buy bibles in English and Spanish and do clowning events for children in hospitals ect. for free. We got more done with our little bunch then alot of bigger churches.

8. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    My point exactly!
    How long has it been since you heard of a Christian selling all they had and giving it to the poor. That's what Jesus told the rich young ruler he had to do to be perfect. Then....told everybody to be perfect:

Matthew 5:

48)"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

9. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    Who stands with you before God on Judgement day? Nobody. You are responsible for yourself and only yourself, so make you make sure you're living the way you're supposed to. YOU give to the poor, YOU take care of the widow and orphans, YOU visit people in jail,YOU feed the poor, YOU spread the gospel.
    What others do isn't your business so don't wait for them to join you. If a Church isn't living up to your expectations leave and find one that does or start one with some like minded folks. Church was ment as a support for beleivers and for worship purposes, it wasn't ment to be an industry. The church I am at now has a simple building, a small congreation,does some community outreach but I find it limited because it is a denominational church so it has rules to follow. It's still pretty good as far as denominational churches go.

10. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    If money is the root of all evil, then why do churches beg for it?