How Can Anybody Fail To See The Church's Real Goals

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The donated money is self serving while hundreds of millions on the planet starve and suffer from malnutrition:

......................................First Baptist in Orlando............................................

First-Baptist-Orlando_0001s_0000_main.jpg

...........Kansas City Missouri Temple ...........

7736062.jpg

.....................................St. Peter's Square in Vatican City..................................

St_Peter's_Square,_Vatican_City_-_April_2007.jpg

...................................Cambodian Temple........................................

Angkor_wat_Cambodia_Largest_Religious_Temple.jpg

.................................Sistene Chapel................................

145625-capella-sistina-sistene-chapel-evokes-solomans-temple-it-is-in-the-vatican-rome-italy.jpg

.................................Salt Lake Temple........................................

salt-lake-mormon-temple.jpg

Last edited:
What are you doing about all these poor suffering people?

I'll bet it less than any church

I was in the church until I was over 60 years old. We always tithed our gross. I helped keep the books and served on the building committee. Most of our church's donated money went to make payments on the church building and the pastor's home, pay for his gasoline and travel expenses, pay for youth programs like the RA boys which consisted of children of members, once a year vacation bible school, religious retreats etc. A portion went to missionary work and 10% to our Southern Baptist Convention. I know what a church does with the money and these fancy buildings serve to prove my point.

I guess my situation could be likened to a Gay deciding to come out of the closet before death. As long as I'm breathing I will let the whole world know that my childhood brainwashing didn't work. After I passed my teens I never believed that superstitious nonsense.

Last edited:
Maybe if you take them as an organization, then churches should take some off of the top to maintain themselves while they set out to perform charity work.

Now the need for granduer is kind of questionable for some religious organizations since these organizations tend to preach modesty and living a humble life and practicing frugality. In those cases, it seems like these particular groups discard what they preach.

So you object to their real goal, which is the Worship of God, correct?
Do you reali e that there are more than 4000 ancient gods being worshipped on this planet..........over 44,000 renditions of the new testament..........SCREW GOD AND THE JACKASS HE RODE IN ON

Here's a thought, go to a different church that better expresses your beliefs. I personally have only belonged for to small churches with basic structures for that reason. I've also belonged to a church that had no building at all for about 10 years. We did church services for a nursing home every week because they couldn't find a church willing to come out to them. We had services in parks,beaches,truckstops, it was some of the best years of my church going life. We had maybe 12 to 15 members, had bibles study out of our homes,had the whole church for dinner and cookouts. Money given went to the work of the Out reach ministries to buy bibles in English and Spanish and do clowning events for children in hospitals ect. for free. We got more done with our little bunch then alot of bigger churches.

Here's a thought, go to a different church that better expresses your beliefs. I personally have only belonged for to small churches with basic structures for that reason. I've also belonged to a church that had no building at all for about 10 years. We did church services for a nursing home every week because they couldn't find a church willing to come out to them. We had services in parks,beaches,truckstops, it was some of the best years of my church going life. We had maybe 12 to 15 members, had bibles study out of our homes,had the whole church for dinner and cookouts. Money given went to the work of the Out reach ministries to buy bibles in English and Spanish and do clowning events for children in hospitals ect. for free. We got more done with our little bunch then alot of bigger churches.

My point exactly!
How long has it been since you heard of a Christian selling all they had and giving it to the poor. That's what Jesus told the rich young ruler he had to do to be perfect. Then....told everybody to be perfect:

Matthew 5:

48)"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

Last edited:

My point exactly!
How long has it been since you heard of a Christian selling all they had and giving it to the poor. That's what Jesus told the rich young ruler he had to do to be perfect. Then....told everybody to be perfect:

Matthew 5:

Who stands with you before God on Judgement day? Nobody. You are responsible for yourself and only yourself, so make you make sure you're living the way you're supposed to. YOU give to the poor, YOU take care of the widow and orphans, YOU visit people in jail,YOU feed the poor, YOU spread the gospel.
What others do isn't your business so don't wait for them to join you. If a Church isn't living up to your expectations leave and find one that does or start one with some like minded folks. Church was ment as a support for beleivers and for worship purposes, it wasn't ment to be an industry. The church I am at now has a simple building, a small congreation,does some community outreach but I find it limited because it is a denominational church so it has rules to follow. It's still pretty good as far as denominational churches go.

My point exactly!

Matthew 5:

Who stands with you before God on Judgement day? Nobody. You are responsible for yourself and only yourself, so make you make sure you're living the way you're supposed to. YOU give to the poor, YOU take care of the widow and orphans, YOU visit people in jail,YOU feed the poor, YOU spread the gospel.
What others do isn't your business so don't wait for them to join you. If a Church isn't living up to your expectations leave and find one that does or start one with some like minded folks. Church was ment as a support for beleivers and for worship purposes, it wasn't ment to be an industry. The church I am at now has a simple building, a small congreation,does some community outreach but I find it limited because it is a denominational church so it has rules to follow. It's still pretty good as far as denominational churches go.

I did all those things till I was over 60 years old....now I'm instructed by god himself to be perfect. What's your story

My point exactly!

Matthew 5:

I don't know about selling everything, but I see a group that takes very little for themselves and is tireless in their work for the poor.

You see them too, especially around Christmas. Hopefully you throw some cash in the kettle for them, as they stand in the cold ringing that bell.

What are you doing about all these poor suffering people?

I'll bet it less than any church

I was in the church until I was over 60 years old. We always tithed our gross. I helped keep the books and served on the building committee. Most of our church's donated money went to make payments on the church building and the pastor's home, pay for his gasoline and travel expenses, pay for youth programs like the RA boys which consisted of children of members, once a year vacation bible school, religious retreats etc. A portion went to missionary work and 10% to our Southern Baptist Convention. I know what a church does with the money and these fancy buildings serve to prove my point.

I guess my situation could be likened to a Gay deciding to come out of the closet before death. As long as I'm breathing I will let the whole world know that my childhood brainwashing didn't work. After I passed my teens I never believed that superstitious nonsense.

And now you are a proselytizing ZEALOT on behalf of the Church of Angry Atheism.

Nobody gives a shit about your religious beliefs or dis-beliefs.

You remain a bore, you rancid senile fuck wit.

If you didn't have a ball of shit in your skull posing as a brain, your testimony might be worth something.

The donated money is self serving while hundreds of millions on the planet starve and suffer from malnutrition:

Conversely, shithead, you could have shown a number of very cheaply built churches... And, you could have shown countless non-church luxury buildings owned by people and businesses who make no effort to feed the hungry, or let community groups use their buildings, or help old neighbors fix up their yards, etc.

The church doesn't exist to distribute free food, shithead.

I do not recall Jesus sending salvation in the richest section of towns; that noted, choose your faith by beliefs, not styles.

John 2:17 So also faith itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

So you object to their real goal, which is the Worship of God, correct?
Do you reali e that there are more than 4000 ancient gods being worshipped on this planet..........over 44,000 renditions of the new testament..........SCREW GOD AND THE JACKASS HE RODE IN ON

Let's, for the sake of argument, say that everything you just said is true. How exactly does that change to the fact that the real goal of religion is the worship of God? How does that change the fact that people of faith are free to build places to assemble and worship God (or anyone/thing else they want to worship)?

It's not your money. Their actions don't efffect you in the slightest way. Why the heck should anyone care what you think about the matter?

If you didn't have a ball of shit in your skull posing as a brain, your testimony might be worth something.

You're the one who believes a primitive crock of shit:

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe who was also himself and a holy ghost

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

Anybody who actually believes this stuff has a place reserved for them in the funny farm.

Forum List

Back