How Can Anybody Fail To See The Church's Real Goals

[]

I do not recall Jesus sending salvation in the richest section of towns; that noted, choose your faith by beliefs, not styles.

John 2:17 So also faith itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

I do recall Him doing just that:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mark 16:15-16)

His Great Commission bade us to preach the Gospel of salvation to every creature. Last time I checked, that would include those that are rich.

God doesnt look at men and see how much money they have. He looks at their heart. He looks at whom they are. Men are equal before God. He blesses some with money. He blesses others by not giving them money. He does this because we are all individuals and must be tested and tried uniquely.

Abraham was wealthy. So was Isaac and Jacob. King David became wealthy. And yet the scriptures state that these men were righteous.

Christ Himself was blessed to be without significant montary means. He was born poor. As far as the scriptures tell, he always ways.

When are people going to realize that divisions between rich/poor are societal constructs? They aren't real. There are no classes. There is no reason for you or me or anyone else to hate someone because they make more or less money than we do. Nor is there any reasy for us to love someone because they make more or less money than we do. We are commanded to love all men. To preach Salvation to all men.

It doesn't matter how much God gives us for our stewardship. Our responsibility is to wisely use the resources we have been blessed with and build the Kingdom of God.

I suggest that some people should ponder the parable of the talents.

[]

I do not recall Jesus sending salvation in the richest section of towns; that noted, choose your faith by beliefs, not styles.

John 2:17 So also faith itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

I do recall Him doing just that:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mark 16:15-16)

His Great Commission bade us to preach the Gospel of salvation to every creature. Last time I checked, that would include those that are rich.

God doesnt look at men and see how much money they have. He looks at their heart. He looks at whom they are. Men are equal before God. He blesses some with money. He blesses others by not giving them money. He does this because we are all individuals and must be tested and tried uniquely.

Abraham was wealthy. So was Isaac and Jacob. King David became wealthy. And yet the scriptures state that these men were righteous.

Christ Himself was blessed to be without significant montary means. He was born poor. As far as the scriptures tell, he always ways.

When are people going to realize that divisions between rich/poor are societal constructs? They aren't real. There are no classes. There is no reason for you or me or anyone else to hate someone because they make more or less money than we do. Nor is there any reasy for us to love someone because they make more or less money than we do. We are commanded to love all men. To preach Salvation to all men.

It doesn't matter how much God gives us for our stewardship. Our responsibility is to wisely use the resources we have been blessed with and build the Kingdom of God.

I suggest that some people should ponder the parable of the talents.

What a crock of shit. How do you know what god wants or doesn't want, how he thinks and about what. The scriptures are where all the bullshit shows up. Bullshit that originated 3500 years before the Jewish version. That same son of god, saviour of the world, born of a virgin, crucifiction and resurrection story went around N. Africa and the middle east ten times before the Jews got hold of it. I'm an Atlas man myself. I like astronomy and the universe.

Last edited:
If you didn't have a ball of shit in your skull posing as a brain, your testimony might be worth something.

You're the one who believes a primitive crock of shit:

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race[/quote]

The fantastic claims of the Bible aren't the reason you don't believe. You don't believe because you hate the values that Jesus taught. You are a liberal with a ball of shit in your skull posing as a brain.

What a crock of shit. How do you know what god wants or doesn't want, how he thinks and about what. The scriptures are where all the bullshit shows up. Bullshit that originated 3500 years before the Jewish version. That same son of god, saviour of the world, born of a virgin, crucifiction and resurrection story went around N. Africa and the middle east ten times before the Jews got hold of it. I'm an Atlas man myself. I like astronomy and the universe.

Through the Holy Spirit, of course.

It's amazing to me that you claim to have studied the scriptures all of your life and you've missed the essential message of them: That God lives and He reveals Himself to those that seek Him. You have a hard time believing that an All powerful, all knowing God can make His will known to man despite countless testimony and reason to the contrary.

Did you ever consider the fact that the message is found throughout the world is because there is a God who has been revealing Himself to people throughout the world since the beginning? I can promise you that the same God who revealed Himself to the House of Israel has revealed Himself to countless civilizations. The prophecies of concerning the Messiah have existed since the Garden of Eden and you somehow think it damages Christianity that civilizations throughout the ancient world were aware that the Son of God would come and save them?

How do you account for finding stories about the Coming of the Son of God to save the people on both sides of the world? How do you account for the accounts of a global flood on both sides of the world?

I can guarantee you that if we had records from countless lost civilizations they would add their voices to the testimonies we already have and confirm that Jesus is the Messiah. Because God revealed to them the coming of Christ just as He did our First Fathers.

Through the Holy Spirit, of course.

It's amazing to me that you claim to have studied the scriptures all of your life and you've missed the essential message of them: That God lives and He reveals Himself to those that seek Him. You have a hard time believing that an All powerful, all knowing God can make His will known to man despite countless testimony and reason to the contrary.

Did you ever consider the fact that the message is found throughout the world is because there is a God who has been revealing Himself to people throughout the world since the beginning? I can promise you that the same God who revealed Himself to the House of Israel has revealed Himself to countless civilizations. The prophecies of concerning the Messiah have existed since the Garden of Eden and you somehow think it damages Christianity that civilizations throughout the ancient world were aware that the Son of God would come and save them?

How do you account for finding stories about the Coming of the Son of God to save the people on both sides of the world? How do you account for the accounts of a global flood on both sides of the world?

I can guarantee you that if we had records from countless lost civilizations they would add their voices to the testimonies we already have and confirm that Jesus is the Messiah. Because God revealed to them the coming of Christ just as He did our First Fathers.

What concerns me is that after thousands of years of one generation after another brainwashing the next that ancient god worship is still alive. That what would otherwise be intelligent, reasonable humans continue to embrace "miracles" which originated in the developing imagination of primitive camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. One thing that has been around since I first joined a church in the spring of 1957....the miracles are something preachers ramble about but other Christians leave completely out of their daily conversations. How naive would an otherwise intelligent human have to be to believe the things that the bible's full of. It's not just a few....since the ministry of Jesus only lasted a little over the year there was one every time he turned around. If god is so powerful and all knowing why did he choose to drop off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of people who were still shitting on the ground and wiping on their hands...you know, kinda like animals.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back