How can an atheist have morals?

Atheists and agnostics are some of the most moral people because their morals aren't badly skewed by a book of nonsense.

How can the religious have morals?

donkey.jpg

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?

Why can't we have a "ridiculous" rating? We really need one. :2up:

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?
All atheists have morals. But they are based upon their feeling at the moment and easy to justify hurting others when it's you and only you making the guidelines.

All atheists have morals. But they are based upon their feeling at the moment and easy to justify hurting others when it's you and only you making the guidelines.

Another post that needs a "ridiculous" rating. Lol. This sounds more like the "code" of religious people, honestly. :D

Another post that needs a "ridiculous" rating. Lol. This sounds more like the "code" of religious people, honestly. :D
Is it just a coincidence that every modern day mass murderer is either an athiest or Muslim?

Is it just a coincidence that every modern day mass murderer is either an athiest or Muslim?

I can come up with more than a few examples of Christian women murdering their children, so . . . say again?

Besides that, Muslims ARE religious people. Lol.

I can come up with more than a few examples of Christian women murdering their children, so . . . say again?

OK, you name the Christian women who have murdered and I'll cap it off with the 145 million murdered by their own athiest Commy leadership in the past century.

And yes, Satanism, Islam and Athiesm are all religions.

OK, you name the Christian women who have murdered and I'll cap it off with the 145 million murdered by their own athiest Commy leadership in the past century.

Atheism is lack of religion. Lol. We don't believe in superstitious nonsense or books that were written centuries ago by ignorant people. :D

Atheism is lack of religion. Lol. We don't believe in superstitious nonsense or books that were written centuries ago by ignorant people. :D
Your holy trinity is me, myself and I.
You believe nothing suddenly exploded because of nothing and chaos evolved into order.
I envy your faith.

You believe nothing suddenly exploded because of nothing and chaos evolved into order.
I envy your faith.

Sorry but that makes a heck of a lot more sense than a magic man in the sky for which there is absolutely no evidence except for a book that was written by . . . . MEN! :D Lol.

I envy your faith.

Sorry but that makes a heck of a lot more sense than a magic man in the sky for which there is absolutely no evidence except for a book that was written by . . . . MEN! :D Lol.
Sorry, I missed that day in physics when they taught chaos of nothingness naturally evolves into order of something.

I envy your faith.
Weird that your holy trinity is 2 dudes and a ghost. Why no women?

I envy your faith.

Sorry, I missed that day in physics when they taught chaos of nothingness naturally evolves into order of something.

I missed the day when they discussed a magical fairy creating the world out of dust

I envy your faith.

I didn't. I learned about it in middle school! Lol. Sorry but the Theory of Evolution kicks your god's arse.

I envy your faith.

I missed the day when they discussed a magical fairy creating the world out of dust
Your constant hate is understandable. Believing your life is meaningless and a tiny blip in time would drag down anyone. Probably why mass muderers are atheists.

Forum List

Back