How can a sci fi TV show appeal to the average American without being too nerdy?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Would such a future be ridiculous since Jesus will arrive in 2050? Would the badass spaceship captain have to be a military guy? Would their have to be a space battle and laser fight in each episode?

I think Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014 did many things right. For many Americans it was their first space movie.

Would such a future be ridiculous since Jesus will arrive in 2050? Would the badass spaceship captain have to be a military guy? Would their have to be a space battle and laser fight in each episode?

I think Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014 did many things right. For many Americans it was their first space movie.

Avatar did it right. So did Edge of Tomorrow. With less intellectual framework.

They are making a sequel to Edge of Tomorrow.

I'm sick of seeing movies of ships going to new planets and something goes wrong along the way. I want to see them land, set up camp, deal with the local predators. Lost in space but cooler and not so silly.

The first 3 seasons would be on the ship getting to know the characters. Eventually politics and rivalries creep into the story.

It'd be cool to see them mine for metals to make engines and gas to run the engines. Fracking. Nuclear power?

Usually movies like this start off good but then an alien comes or they wake up too early. Avatar was good. Why no avatar 2?

Is that a joke? :lmao: If not. It's gonna be called "The Other Edge of Tomorrow".. :happy-1:

Is that a joke? :lmao: If not. It's gonna be called "The Other Edge of Tomorrow".. :happy-1:

No, seriously.

"Live Die Repeat and Repeat"

‘Edge of Tomorrow 2’ Title Revealed; Emily Blunt to Return

No, seriously.

That's not gonna work. The original had like 20 sequels in it..

Avatar was Dances with wolves redone on a moon circling a gas giant.

I've read more science fiction I believe that most people have, and there are many good stories out there.

I'm nerdy...I like some of the old sci fi movies...

Silent Running
Silent Running - Wikipedia

And...just because it was such a B flick, but funny as hell, Dark Star

I thought that movie was about the Jamaican bob sled team?

:laugh2:

:lol:

Close!

dark-star.jpg

No, seriously.

The original name of the first movie was Live, Die, Repeat."

People realize workable warping space tech and set out to explore the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, which is actually a binary star system and probes have confirmed two Earth like planets orbiting both stars in each ones liquid water zone. They get there and they find animal and plant life in abundance, with many samples being so close to similar life on Earth it suprises them. They find more and more stuff and with cellular analysis, etc, they come to the mind bending and scary conclusion that both planets have been terraformed to replicate Earth with many species coming from Earth.

41neLYvNYZL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Centauri-First-Landing-T-Space-ebook/dp/B01M5EVF2O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1507863661&sr=1-1&keywords=alpha+centauri:+first+landing

A nice entertaining and believable read with no brain sucking aliens or shoot em ups. There are 5 parts to it and all entertaining.

Last edited:

No, seriously.

The original name of the first movie was Live, Die, Repeat."

Kinda obvious. Gives the whole plot away. . :badgrin:

People realize workable warping space tech and set out to explore the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, which is actually a binary star system and probes have confirmed two Earth like planets orbiting both stars in each ones liquid water zone. They get there and they find animal and plant life in abundance, with many samples being so close to similar life on Earth it suprises them. They find more and more stuff and with cellular analysis, etc, they come to the mind bending and scary conclusion that both planets have been terraformed to replicate Earth with many species coming from Earth.

41neLYvNYZL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Centauri-First-Landing-T-Space-ebook/dp/B01M5EVF2O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1507863661&sr=1-1&keywords=alpha+centauri:+first+landing

A nice entertaining and believable read with no brain sucking aliens or shoot em ups. There are 5 parts to it and all entertaining.
That is the kind of sci fi I like!

Forum List

Back