How are we going to stop the liberal war on free speech and conservative voices?

The crazy Left Wingers can't survive in a free society.
That is why they are afraid of Freedom of Speech.
That is why they are afraid of a Free Press.
That is why Obama weaponized the DOJ and the FBI.

Freedom of the press? Is that something you pretend to support?

Donald Trump Thinks the Freedom of the Press Is ‘Disgusting’

Trump just issued a direct threat to the media - CNNPolitics

Analysis | The implied threats in Trump’s tweets about CNN and Sinclair
Trump was a buffoon for saying that shit. Hell, hes part of the problem with the asinine tweeting

We have such an assortment of media to choose from - from bad to good to biased to whatever - that is a good thing. It may not be perfect, it may not always be honest or right or whatever (but often that is in the eye of the beholder) - but it is there and they are free to report and we are free to read. The laws surrounding media have a very high bar to meet - libel, slander.

We should be greatful we can complain about it and we should not be wanting the state to become involved.
I never asked for the state to be involved.

Let's be clear here,
I have no problem with CNN or BSNBC. There are alternatives for everyone to choose from.
Colleges and Facebook and Google are not the media. Colleges get public funding and as such should welcome ALL public opinions & speech. They are supposed to be places that broaden your mind not close it.
Facebook, Google & the like are a near monopoly and are shutting out half the population with their filter. They claim to be open platforms but are anything but open.
Let's use that Bakery as an example. Obviously they had MANY competitors that were able to provide the services they refused, no where near a monopoly but the left celebrated when they were forced to comply. Yet somehow Facebook, who is a monopoly for all intents and purposes, gets a pass from you. A clear double standard and that was about a cake not free expression.

From colleges to YouTube and now Diamond & Silk on Facebook.
Facebook to Diamond and Silk: Your content, brand ‘dangerous to the community’

Two conservative black women being targeted as a "danger to the community"

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

What do you propose? In the case of FB, it's a private company. In the case of Colleges - some are private, some are public.

Do you propose interfering in private companies? If so - what about the conservative dominated media?
If colleges get ANY public funding it should be stripped of they persist with the nonsense. And Facebook needs to burn in hell but people are too stupid to give it up. Gotta tell ma & pa what I had for dinner yo. Beyond stupid. Social media is a poison even without the political bullshit. As for Hollywood I pirate every single movie they make, fuckem. Act like a douche I'll just steal your licensed material.

I disagree.

They should provide a fair assortment of diverse views. They don't HAVE to provide a platform for EVERY speaker. They shouldn't, for example, have to provide a platform for Neo-Nazi's. At this point though - I question whether they are providing enough diverse views - that is the purpose of college, regardless of whether public money is involved or not. And - keep in mind, protests are also free speech, as long as they are peaceful.
Of course you disagree because it isn't your point of view or values being squashed like a bug.

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

What do you propose? In the case of FB, it's a private company. In the case of Colleges - some are private, some are public.

Do you propose interfering in private companies? If so - what about the conservative dominated media?
If colleges get ANY public funding it should be stripped of they persist with the nonsense. And Facebook needs to burn in hell but people are too stupid to give it up. Gotta tell ma & pa what I had for dinner yo. Beyond stupid. Social media is a poison even without the political bullshit. As for Hollywood I pirate every single movie they make, fuckem. Act like a douche I'll just steal your licensed material.

I disagree.

They should provide a fair assortment of diverse views. They don't HAVE to provide a platform for EVERY speaker. They shouldn't, for example, have to provide a platform for Neo-Nazi's. At this point though - I question whether they are providing enough diverse views - that is the purpose of college, regardless of whether public money is involved or not. And - keep in mind, protests are also free speech, as long as they are peaceful.
Of course you disagree because it isn't your point of view or values being squashed like a bug.

What are you values?

And lol at the Nio Nazi bullshit scapegoat. Are Diamond & Silk Nazis?

How bout you come back down to earth for this discussion. Jesus

I disagree.

What are you values?
Go find a duck to lick. I have nothing but contempt for your stupid ass so there will be no debate with you.

Troll

I disagree.

What are you values?
Go find a duck to lick. I have nothing but contempt for your stupid ass so there will be no debate with you.

Troll

And yet you answered my question. I hope that's not too abstract for you to understand.

I disagree.

What are you values?

Troll

And yet you answered my question. I hope that's not too abstract for you to understand.

You don't "debate" punk, you preach. You don't want a "War" over free speech, you'll lose.

Trump was a buffoon for saying that shit. Hell, hes part of the problem with the asinine tweeting

We have such an assortment of media to choose from - from bad to good to biased to whatever - that is a good thing. It may not be perfect, it may not always be honest or right or whatever (but often that is in the eye of the beholder) - but it is there and they are free to report and we are free to read. The laws surrounding media have a very high bar to meet - libel, slander.

We should be greatful we can complain about it and we should not be wanting the state to become involved.

Let's be clear here,
I have no problem with CNN or BSNBC. There are alternatives for everyone to choose from.
Colleges and Facebook and Google are not the media. Colleges get public funding and as such should welcome ALL public opinions & speech. They are supposed to be places that broaden your mind not close it.
Facebook, Google & the like are a near monopoly and are shutting out half the population with their filter. They claim to be open platforms but are anything but open.
Let's use that Bakery as an example. Obviously they had MANY competitors that were able to provide the services they refused, no where near a monopoly but the left celebrated when they were forced to comply. Yet somehow Facebook, who is a monopoly for all intents and purposes, gets a pass from you. A clear double standard and that was about a cake not free expression.

I actually agree with you on FB and Google - they are darn near monopolies and I've noted that before Gramps. There is no real competition. I do think that needs to be examined. So, don't try and tell me what gets a free pass from me or not. You clearly don't know.

Dixie Chicks....anyone?...anyone?...anyone??

You're tilting at windmills. Who here demands that the government control Facebook and the rest?

Speaking for myself - I believe that any private business has the right to 'refuse service'. You?

That a discussion on that refusal ensues is not the same as demanding that there 'oughta be a law'.

Depends what for?

Let's be clear here,
There is no ‘double standard,’ clear or otherwise – this fails as a false comparison fallacy, in addition to being ignorant and wrong.

Public colleges and universities as entities of government are held to the same First Amendment requirements as any other public-sector entity, all public opinions and speech are allowed consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence.

Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation have nothing to do with Facebook; public accommodations laws are regulatory policy designed to stabilize local markets and all other interrelated markets.

And ‘the left’ did not ‘celebrate’ when businesses open to the general public were required to accommodate gay patrons; ‘the left’ would have much preferred those businesses served gay patrons absent such regulatory policy.

Facebook is a private internet hosting site at liberty to edit its content as it sees fit, having nothing to do with ‘free expression,’ where content providers removed from Facebook have not had their right to ‘free expression’ violated because Facebook is not subject to the First Amendment, just as the owner of a bakery hostile to gay patrons did not have his ‘right’ to ‘free expression’ violated because free speech and religious liberty are not ‘excuses’ to violate just and proper laws, such as public accommodations laws.

Your incessant whining about this issue succeeds in only further demonstrating your ignorance of the topic.

I disagree.

She disagrees because your statement is factually wrong – and no one’s point of view or values are being ‘squashed like a bug.’

Again, state colleges and universities are held to the same First Amendment requirements, subject to the same First Amendment case law.

And like other rights, the rights enshrined in the First Amendment are not unlimited, it is not a right to say anything one wises anywhere he wishes at any time he wishes.

State colleges and universities are allowed by the First Amendment to take steps to ensure the public safety when rightwing speech seeks to incite imminent lawlessness or violence, where no free speech rights are ‘violated.’

And lol at the Nio Nazi bullshit scapegoat. Are Diamond & Silk Nazis?

How bout you come back down to earth for this discussion. Jesus
It doesn’t make any difference what Diamond & Silk are, their free speech/free expression rights have been violated by Facebook, because Facebook is not subject to the First Amendment.

Now, should the Federal government, or a state or local government, pass a law subjecting Diamond & Silk to arrest and imprisonment the consequence of their speech, then you’d have a potential free speech violation.

Some country singer who is easily replaced by anyone of the other 100 country singers?

What about them? Consumers spoke and they paid. Facebook, college & YouTube are not consumers. They are the conduit.

Some country singer who is easily replaced by anyone of the other 100 country singers?

What about them? Consumers spoke and they paid. Facebook, college & YouTube are not consumers. They are the conduit.
Stop voting, Gramps.

Stop voting, Gramps.
Stop humping my leg little boy

Forum List

Back