How about reparations for victims of the housing meltdown?

This thread is a huge fail.
Gonna thank Obama OP?

That's a good idea Lesh.

Thank you Obama for the slowest recovery since WWII.

Thank you Obama for destroying our healthcare.

Thank you Obama for adding 10 trillion to our debt.

Thank you Obama for turning Washington into Chicago DC by weaponizing our bureaucracies like the FBI and the IRS.

Thank you Obama for creating 40 million new government dependents from two social programs alone.

Anything else Lesh?

But but but...Trump is taking credit for Obama's economy in 3...2...1. These liberal losers will never accept responsibilities for their failures.

On one hand they tell us how this is Obama's economy. In the same breath, they complain that Trump reversed everything DumBama did. How can this be possible?

I do agree with the latter though. Trump promised to De-Bama the country when he ran for office, and that's exactly what he did.
I’ll tell you, my house dropped $80,000 during the Bush Recession of 2008

Once we elected the Great Obama, my house increased $120,000
Not only that, but when interest rates dropped to 3.5 percent, I refinanced and bought a second house in 2012

Life was good under the Great Obama

Gonna thank Obama OP?

That's a good idea Lesh.

Thank you Obama for turning Washington into Chicago DC by weaponizing our bureaucracies like the FBI and the IRS.

Thank you Obama for creating 40 million new government dependents from two social programs alone.

Anything else Lesh?

But but but...Trump is taking credit for Obama's economy in 3...2...1. These liberal losers will never accept responsibilities for their failures.

On one hand they tell us how this is Obama's economy. In the same breath, they complain that Trump reversed everything DumBama did. How can this be possible?

I do agree with the latter though. Trump promised to De-Bama the country when he ran for office, and that's exactly what he did.

Not only that, but when interest rates dropped to 3.5 percent, I refinanced and bought a second house in 2012

then you owe the government 40K dollars,,,

Just gift everyone $10 million dollars then the entire country can retire on holiday.

Correct. 2020 is the year Democrats are promising the world. Reparations for everybody, free healthcare, free college, free personal time off of work. Aren't we fortunate to have Democrats in this country that can find a way to give us all these things while being 21 trillion in debt at the same time?

I swear, they must have a magic wand or something.

Of course, free handouts is all they can promise Trump has them crushed on all the important election issues.
Trump has them crushed on what issues exactly?

Border security, national security, Vets, economy, jobs, tax cuts, you know all the issues traitor lowlife useless scum Dem's avoid like the plague. Plus energy independence, fuel prices, jobs killing regulations, jobs killing trade deals. Dem's have nothing.
Lol besides tax cuts, how are any of those issues related to policy? Hell, Trump’s tax cuts have shown to do nothing to benefit the middle class or poor.

I was thinking about this today. Reparations for the housing meltdown would make more sense than the other reparations the Democrats are promoting. What's the difference? Plenty.

Slavery reparations are not deserved because nobody in this country today was a slave, unless you were a victim of a crime. All the people in our government today had no control over what government representatives did so many years ago.

Sexual preference reparations also should not be appropriated because there was little to no financial harm by the state not recognizing gay marriage. In fact, marriage is not even mentioned in the US Constitution. To the chagrin of leftists, it's still not.

College reparations. Again, not applicable because people who took loans out for an advanced education did so knowingly. If you made it to college, you were obviously not ignorant. You knew what you were getting into when you signed those forms. Plus for many people, it was an investment that will eventually pay off.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy. The representatives at the time knew they were creating a problem and did nothing about it. They took advantage of the ignorant, many of whom today cannot purchase a home even if they wanted to. Some have been financially ruined for life. Unlike slavery, we know who was at fault and who the real victims are.

As long as the Democrats found this magic money making machine to pacify all those who were harmed or think they are harmed, why not reparations for people who lost everything in the housing collapse?

I'm sorry....that is a weak post....... if you really want to be a democrat.....call for paying off all mortgages in the country, no matter who you are.....and then add in that you want the democrats to end "physical death" issuing in an age of immortality and perfect health.....

Just gift everyone $10 million dollars then the entire country can retire on holiday.

Wow...only ten million....? I I run for the democrat nomination, I am going to promise 20 million dollars for every American....if you cared about the poor, you would have said 20 million....

Gonna thank Obama OP?

That's a good idea Lesh.

Anything else Lesh?

You bought a 2nd house? Why didn't you give the money to the poor?

Correct. 2020 is the year Democrats are promising the world. Reparations for everybody, free healthcare, free college, free personal time off of work. Aren't we fortunate to have Democrats in this country that can find a way to give us all these things while being 21 trillion in debt at the same time?

Of course, free handouts is all they can promise Trump has them crushed on all the important election issues.

Border security, national security, Vets, economy, jobs, tax cuts, you know all the issues traitor lowlife useless scum Dem's avoid like the plague. Plus energy independence, fuel prices, jobs killing regulations, jobs killing trade deals. Dem's have nothing.
Lol besides tax cuts, how are any of those issues related to policy? Hell, Trump’s tax cuts have shown to do nothing to benefit the middle class or poor.

Fact, Dem candidates are not running on the issues. We get it, you people are butthurt.

I was thinking about this today. Reparations for the housing meltdown would make more sense than the other reparations the Democrats are promoting. What's the difference? Plenty.

Slavery reparations are not deserved because nobody in this country today was a slave, unless you were a victim of a crime. All the people in our government today had no control over what government representatives did so many years ago.

Sexual preference reparations also should not be appropriated because there was little to no financial harm by the state not recognizing gay marriage. In fact, marriage is not even mentioned in the US Constitution. To the chagrin of leftists, it's still not.

College reparations. Again, not applicable because people who took loans out for an advanced education did so knowingly. If you made it to college, you were obviously not ignorant. You knew what you were getting into when you signed those forms. Plus for many people, it was an investment that will eventually pay off.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy. The representatives at the time knew they were creating a problem and did nothing about it. They took advantage of the ignorant, many of whom today cannot purchase a home even if they wanted to. Some have been financially ruined for life. Unlike slavery, we know who was at fault and who the real victims are.

As long as the Democrats found this magic money making machine to pacify all those who were harmed or think they are harmed, why not reparations for people who lost everything in the housing collapse?
Reparations for victims of Democrat reparation schemes who have since come to their senses.

I'm sorry....that is a weak post....... if you really want to be a democrat.....call for paying off all mortgages in the country, no matter who you are.....and then add in that you want the democrats to end "physical death" issuing in an age of immortality and perfect health.....

You know 2aguy, I was thinking of throwing in reparations for those who lost their ass in the stock market during the bubble burst, but I didn't want to give our Democrat friends here a heart attack.

You mean the middle-class didn't get raises and bonuses when the tax cuts were first instituted? You mean the middle-class didn't have more availability for jobs when companies started to expand? You mean the middle-class are not enjoying more take home pay in their paychecks?

I guess I'm not middle-class then. My company is doing great and I know I have a job in the morning. I'm bringing home more pay in my check every two weeks. My tax preparer said I made a couple hundred bucks more this year because of Trump's tax reduction.

So what did DumBama give me? I lost my healthcare insurance for the first time in my life.

Gonna thank Obama OP?

That's a good idea Lesh.

Anything else Lesh?

And you can't give me one policy he or the Democrats made that was responsible for it.

You mean the middle-class didn't get raises and bonuses when the tax cuts were first instituted? You mean the middle-class didn't have more availability for jobs when companies started to expand? You mean the middle-class are not enjoying more take home pay in their paychecks?

If you're talking about the Trump tax cuts...none of that actually happened. Companies haven't expanded any more than they already were. Middle class folks got friggin donuts...some like me got hefty tax INCREASES...and take home pay is just slightly less stagnant than it had been

And all that cost was a measly trillion and a half added to the debt

If you're talking about the Trump tax cuts...none of that actually happened. Companies haven't expanded any more than they already were. Middle class folks got friggin donuts...some like me got hefty tax INCREASES...and take home pay is just slightly less stagnant than it had been

And all that cost was a measly trillion and a half added to the debt

I see, so in response, you're going to elect one of the two candidates that want to add another 3 trillion dollars to that debt to payoff college loans for people? An expense that won't help most Americans?

Right now we have a million jobs with no employees to fill them. How could that possibly happen without companies expanding their business? And how are we both middle-class, but my taxes went down while yours went up? Might I suggest another tax preparer?

The housing meltdown was the fault of those
who had no business buying a house

Ignorance is not an excuse

It doesn't matter if they were a slave or not...You were not a slave yet you are unhinged enough to demand payments for what only rich bitches get, a bailout, but you can take it out on da black folks that's is what got you white boys in this pile of shit in the first place.

Last edited:

Congress already paid out reparations for victims of the housing meltdown, thanks to G. W. Bush.

The banks were BAILED OUT thanks to Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 - Wikipedia

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 created the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program to purchase toxic assets from banks. The funds for purchase of distressed assets were mostly redirected to inject capital into banks and other financial institutions while the Treasury continued to examine the usefulness of targeted asset purchases.

See how those fucking Republicans care about the fucking little guy?

So how did that help the little guy who was foreclosed on and likely went into bankruptcy? LENDING banks money was not reparations for those people.

And now (as the late Paul Harvey used to say) the rest of the story.

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, which created the TARP, initially offered up to $700 billion to banks, auto companies, insurance agencies and mortgage lenders, among other groups. In 2010, Congress amended the law to limit the spending to $475 billion.

Now, four years later, lawmakers have thus far distributed $466 billion of that total, according to the Treasury, and, of that total, about $370.4 billion has been returned, including $41.9 billion from interest and dividends, among other income sources.

But, of those the totals, the bank payments that the president referenced are only a portion. Of the $466 billion distributed, about $245.2 billion have gone to banks, both national and local. And, as of Oct. 18, the day of the president’s speech, the government had taken back about $266.7 billion, according to the treasury count-- about $21.5 billion more than the initial investment.

"TARP’s bank programs have already earned a significant profit for taxpayers," Matthew Anderson, a Treasury Department spokesman, wrote in an email to PolitiFact NH.

Barack Obama says banks paid back all the federal bailout money

So we should all be taxed so we can pay everyone for a housing market meltdown? I dont think so,

But as I said before, Democrats owned the slaves, fought to keep the slaves, after reconstruction, harassed the free blacks up till 1964. Then LBJ fucked them again, by the projects and welfare programs. Let the Democrats be taxed and reparations be paid to black people.

WHITES owned the slaves, WHITES fought to keep the slaves, after reconstruction, WHITES harassed the free blacks up till 1964. Both parties.

It doesn't matter if they were a slave or not...You were not a slave yet you are unhinged enough to demand payments for what only rich bitches get, a bailout, but you can take it out on da black folks that's is what got you white boys in this pile of shit in the first place.

Wait a minute, it doesn't' matter if they were slaves or not? Then all Americans should get reparations, even Indian, Asian and middle-east Americans because they were never slaves either.

If we are going to give reparations out, why not to everybody that deserves them and not just Democrat (whoops, I'm not supposed to say that) voters?

Forum List

Back