How about reparations for victims of the housing meltdown?

I was thinking about this today. Reparations for the housing meltdown would make more sense than the other reparations the Democrats are promoting. What's the difference? Plenty.

Slavery reparations are not deserved because nobody in this country today was a slave, unless you were a victim of a crime. All the people in our government today had no control over what government representatives did so many years ago.

Sexual preference reparations also should not be appropriated because there was little to no financial harm by the state not recognizing gay marriage. In fact, marriage is not even mentioned in the US Constitution. To the chagrin of leftists, it's still not.

College reparations. Again, not applicable because people who took loans out for an advanced education did so knowingly. If you made it to college, you were obviously not ignorant. You knew what you were getting into when you signed those forms. Plus for many people, it was an investment that will eventually pay off.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy. The representatives at the time knew they were creating a problem and did nothing about it. They took advantage of the ignorant, many of whom today cannot purchase a home even if they wanted to. Some have been financially ruined for life. Unlike slavery, we know who was at fault and who the real victims are.

As long as the Democrats found this magic money making machine to pacify all those who were harmed or think they are harmed, why not reparations for people who lost everything in the housing collapse?
It doesn't matter if they were a slave or not...You were not a slave yet you are unhinged enough to demand payments for what only rich bitches get, a bailout, but you can take it out on da black folks that's is what got you white boys in this pile of shit in the first place.

Wait a minute, it doesn't' matter if they were slaves or not? Then all Americans should get reparations, even Indian, Asian and middle-east Americans because they were never slaves either.

If we are going to give reparations out, why not to everybody that deserves them and not just Democrat (whoops, I'm not supposed to say that) voters?
It would be nice if you could get off yer high-horse rocking back and forth throwing out fundamentally idiotic retorts but so be it.. Enjoy. Indians have and still get payments from the US govt. are you daft that you have never known this? Japanese were given reparations for being interned during WWII.Now do you still want to play with the inanity button?

I was thinking about this today. Reparations for the housing meltdown would make more sense than the other reparations the Democrats are promoting. What's the difference? Plenty.

Slavery reparations are not deserved because nobody in this country today was a slave, unless you were a victim of a crime. All the people in our government today had no control over what government representatives did so many years ago.

Sexual preference reparations also should not be appropriated because there was little to no financial harm by the state not recognizing gay marriage. In fact, marriage is not even mentioned in the US Constitution. To the chagrin of leftists, it's still not.

College reparations. Again, not applicable because people who took loans out for an advanced education did so knowingly. If you made it to college, you were obviously not ignorant. You knew what you were getting into when you signed those forms. Plus for many people, it was an investment that will eventually pay off.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy. The representatives at the time knew they were creating a problem and did nothing about it. They took advantage of the ignorant, many of whom today cannot purchase a home even if they wanted to. Some have been financially ruined for life. Unlike slavery, we know who was at fault and who the real victims are.

As long as the Democrats found this magic money making machine to pacify all those who were harmed or think they are harmed, why not reparations for people who lost everything in the housing collapse?
The housing meltdown was the fault of those
who had no business buying a house

Ignorance is not an excuse

Government forcing banks to lower standards was no help. It's like if there was a mentally retarded person, and government gave them a gun and they shot themselves, that government wasn't responsible for giving that person a gun.

People who should have had no ability to buy a home did so because the offer was out there. Blacks in the 90's complained about banks being discriminatory to minorities when it came to home loans. It had nothing to do with race, but statistically, blacks were and are less financially responsible than whites and couldn't secure a loan under the standard rules.

So they lowered the standards for minorities, and it was like a snowball rolling down the hill.

Bankers got all that,,,aint no more

It doesn't matter if they were a slave or not...You were not a slave yet you are unhinged enough to demand payments for what only rich bitches get, a bailout, but you can take it out on da black folks that's is what got you white boys in this pile of shit in the first place.

Wait a minute, it doesn't' matter if they were slaves or not? Then all Americans should get reparations, even Indian, Asian and middle-east Americans because they were never slaves either.

If we are going to give reparations out, why not to everybody that deserves them and not just Democrat (whoops, I'm not supposed to say that) voters?
It would be nice if you could get off yer high-horse rocking back and forth throwing out fundamentally idiotic retorts but so be it.. Enjoy. Indians have and still get payments from the US govt. are you daft that you have never known this? Japanese were given reparations for being interned during WWII.Now do you still want to play with the inanity button?

By Indians I meant people from India. And payments to Japanese Americans ONLY went to those who were actually imprisoned in those camps. Not their great, great, great, great grandchildren.

So yes, let's play with that inanity button you speak of.

You mean the middle-class didn't get raises and bonuses when the tax cuts were first instituted? You mean the middle-class didn't have more availability for jobs when companies started to expand? You mean the middle-class are not enjoying more take home pay in their paychecks?

If you're talking about the Trump tax cuts...none of that actually happened. Companies haven't expanded any more than they already were. Middle class folks got friggin donuts...some like me got hefty tax INCREASES...and take home pay is just slightly less stagnant than it had been

And all that cost was a measly trillion and a half added to the debt

I see, so in response, you're going to elect one of the two candidates that want to add another 3 trillion dollars to that debt to payoff college loans for people? An expense that won't help most Americans?

Right now we have a million jobs with no employees to fill them. How could that possibly happen without companies expanding their business? And how are we both middle-class, but my taxes went down while yours went up? Might I suggest another tax preparer?
After adding 1.5 trillion to the debt for NOTHING...please don't even talk about the debt

Government forcing banks to lower standards was no help. It's like if there was a mentally retarded person, and government gave them a gun and they shot themselves, that government wasn't responsible for giving that person a gun.

People who should have had no ability to buy a home did so because the offer was out there. Blacks in the 90's complained about banks being discriminatory to minorities when it came to home loans. It had nothing to do with race, but statistically, blacks were and are less financially responsible than whites and couldn't secure a loan under the standard rules.

So they lowered the standards for minorities, and it was like a snowball rolling down the hill.
I agree, the government lowering lending standards
made it possible but thats besides the point.

Liberal scum on the left coast now tax the crap out of businesses that don't even make money. If your business breaks even, or loses money, tough shit they slam them with taxes anyway.

The Dem motto is...I'M A GET MINE, SCREW YOU.
This said by one of the wealthy for whom the tax cut Trump enacted was created and to whom went almost all of the benefits

Well they helped me, but most of my stuff gets taxed at the Capital Gains Tax Rate anyway.

I agree, the government lowering lending standards
made it possible but thats besides the point.

I understand what you're saying, but we have to keep in mind that not all people are educated enough to understand housing loans. They can read what the forms say, but they'll never understand it enough to make a sound responsible decision.

Government forced banks to lower those standards so that ignorant people could also buy homes. I think we can agree that the government was at least partly responsible.

You mean the middle-class didn't get raises and bonuses when the tax cuts were first instituted? You mean the middle-class didn't have more availability for jobs when companies started to expand? You mean the middle-class are not enjoying more take home pay in their paychecks?

If you're talking about the Trump tax cuts...none of that actually happened. Companies haven't expanded any more than they already were. Middle class folks got friggin donuts...some like me got hefty tax INCREASES...and take home pay is just slightly less stagnant than it had been

I see, so in response, you're going to elect one of the two candidates that want to add another 3 trillion dollars to that debt to payoff college loans for people? An expense that won't help most Americans?

Right now we have a million jobs with no employees to fill them. How could that possibly happen without companies expanding their business? And how are we both middle-class, but my taxes went down while yours went up? Might I suggest another tax preparer?
After adding 1.5 trillion to the debt for NOTHING...please don't even talk about the debt

More jobs are nothing? A secure and growing market is nothing? Less tax being taken from most Americans is nothing?

DumBama added 10 trillion to the debt, and I didn't see a penny of it. At least this time, I got some of that money.

2019 is the second year of Tax cuts? Revenue is up, Record money coming in. Where is this $1.5T talking point you continually spew?

2019 is the second year of Tax cuts? Revenue is up, Record money coming in. Where is this $1.5T talking point you continually spew?
Revenue is always up unless we are in a Recession dope.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy.

Liberals impose progressive local, state & federal land use regulations & proprietary building codes on a three-year rolling release throughout the United States. Greasy-palmed inspectors demand bribes to issue permits & pass framing, foundation, roofing, mechanical, fire, electrical & plumbing etc.

All of this progressively drives up the cost of building, maintaining, repairing & remodeling homes.

Homeowners who already paid for all the permitting do not want the requirements relaxed, because that would reduce the value of their existing homes by making it easier & cheaper to build new homes.

The housing meltdown was 100% the fault of government. Government changed the rules to 0% down and no credit check. The federal government are co-conspirators with Fanny and Freddy.

Liberals impose progressive local, state & federal land use regulations & proprietary building codes on a three-year rolling release throughout the United States. Greasy-palmed inspectors demand bribes to issue permits & pass framing, foundation, roofing, mechanical, fire, electrical & plumbing etc.

All of this progressively drives up the cost of building, maintaining, repairing & remodeling homes.

Homeowners who already paid for all the permitting do not want the requirements relaxed, because that would reduce the value of their existing homes by making it easier & cheaper to build new homes.

And the insurance too. The cost to insure your home or business is based on replacement value by union workers. They use the highest possible cost to replace that structure. The more it would cost to replace your home or business, the higher the premium you pay. So like you said, with all these hands in the cookie jar, that adds a lot to the cost of a structure.

Liberal scum on the left coast now tax the crap out of businesses that don't even make money. If your business breaks even, or loses money, tough shit they slam them with taxes anyway.

The Dem motto is...I'M A GET MINE, SCREW YOU.
This said by one of the wealthy for whom the tax cut Trump enacted was created and to whom went almost all of the benefits

The top 20% pay 80% of all collected income taxes. So who should tax cuts go to?

The left lie and omit to demonize 'the rich' it doesn't matter that they already pay the lions share of the taxes. The left need a bad guy to demonize to divide voters otherwise they would never win an election. They attack Trump daily yet their own Harvey Weinstein now accused by over 90 women, its crickets.
We all know the deal:

4a72ed5e405851ec81ebabc78f2df5ec.jpg

This thread is a huge fail.
Gonna thank Obama OP?

That's a good idea Lesh.

Thank you Obama for the slowest recovery since WWII.

Thank you Obama for destroying our healthcare.

Thank you Obama for adding 10 trillion to our debt.

Thank you Obama for turning Washington into Chicago DC by weaponizing our bureaucracies like the FBI and the IRS.

Thank you Obama for creating 40 million new government dependents from two social programs alone.

Anything else Lesh?

But but but...Trump is taking credit for Obama's economy in 3...2...1. These liberal losers will never accept responsibilities for their failures.

On one hand they tell us how this is Obama's economy. In the same breath, they complain that Trump reversed everything DumBama did. How can this be possible?

I do agree with the latter though. Trump promised to De-Bama the country when he ran for office, and that's exactly what he did.
I’ll tell you, my house dropped $80,000 during the Bush Recession of 2008

Once we elected the Great Obama, my house increased $120,000
Not only that, but when interest rates dropped to 3.5 percent, I refinanced and bought a second house in 2012

Life was good under the Great Obama

You bought a 2nd house? Why didn't you give the money to the poor?
Because leftards only give away OPC (Other People's Cash).

So, 'm guessing most Jewish art stolen by the Nazi's before and during the Second World War shouldn't be returned because they're dead.

So if there were to be reparations for blacks and reparations for gays (as at least one politician is going for), does that mean the gays will have to pay their share to blacks?

I see, so in response, you're going to elect one of the two candidates that want to add another 3 trillion dollars to that debt to payoff college loans for people? An expense that won't help most Americans? Right now we have a million jobs with no employees to fill them. How could that possibly happen without companies expanding their business? And how are we both middle-class, but my taxes went down while yours went up? Might I suggest another tax preparer?
And the Democrat Socialist Party's solution to our burgeoning national debt is to add TRILLIONS to gov't spending.

Forum List

Back