House votes down ObamaCare’s 30-hour workweek, 252-172

The only way some uneducated, unskilled lowlife leech will ever get $15 is to have it handed to him. That must sound good to you because you'll never have skills to earn that much. Now we know why you support it.

I haven't earned that little in 16 years now... And that's before you adjust for inflation, Cleetus, you'd probably have to go back into the 1990's. True, I don't have your totally awesome job as Possum Catcher.

Anyway, now, here's the thing. Used to be, you could make a living wage with a HS Diploma. And you know what, that was just fine. Frankly, your side complains about abortions but the reason most women put off babies until their 30's is because they don't make enough coming out of college to afford one.

So you are over paid, just shut up and take the money.

hopefully it won't pass the Senate...

this gives the A-OK for companies to work employees 39.5 hours and not provide health care insurance any more, even though they had been buying it for their workers for the last 20 years with 35 hours or more.... then those workers can be dumped on the exchange and us tax payers will have to pay for more people..

35 hours would have been a better revision...

Some where some weren't but they weren't forced to pay for it. The purpose of obamacare is to dump more people on government insurance anyway. The whole thing needs to be repealed and start over
In the mean time, this move of the House would cost us a FORTUNE...big companies that used to have the benefit for 35 hours or more full timers will have no GUILT when dropping insurance on those employees not meeting or not scheduled 40 hours each and every week of the year because they can just go to the exchange and qualify for health care insurance with government subsidies from our taxes....

This is A STUPID STUPID STUPID MEASURE.....

Now, C4A, the Reps CAMPAIGNED on killing Obumacare, and as you know, CRUSHED the DemocRATS in the 2014 elections.... they are simply keeping promises made during the campaign, something DemocRATs haven't got the foggiest idea how to do!
But they did not kill it with this measure, they just at minimum, DOUBLED the cost of it, and ALL on our, the tax payer's shoulder Vig.

It's the LEAST conservative thing they could do...it's not killing it, this measure ensures it's survival....by doubling those going to the exchange...especially now that full timers scheduled at less than 40 hours a week no longer need to be covered with insurance by the corporation, and the corporation can NOW dump them on to the exchange, at our expense, with no PENALTY....

it's a dumb revision, it should have been 35 hours...

Why would they kill it? As Dems are so fond of pointing out - it's a Republican bill.

hopefully it won't pass the Senate...

this gives the A-OK for companies to work employees 39.5 hours and not provide health care insurance any more, even though they had been buying it for their workers for the last 20 years with 35 hours or more.... then those workers can be dumped on the exchange and us tax payers will have to pay for more people..

35 hours would have been a better revision...

Some where some weren't but they weren't forced to pay for it. The purpose of obamacare is to dump more people on government insurance anyway. The whole thing needs to be repealed and start over
In the mean time, this move of the House would cost us a FORTUNE...big companies that used to have the benefit for 35 hours or more full timers will have no GUILT when dropping insurance on those employees not meeting or not scheduled 40 hours each and every week of the year because they can just go to the exchange and qualify for health care insurance with government subsidies from our taxes....

This is A STUPID STUPID STUPID MEASURE.....

Now, C4A, the Reps CAMPAIGNED on killing Obumacare, and as you know, CRUSHED the DemocRATS in the 2014 elections.... they are simply keeping promises made during the campaign, something DemocRATs haven't got the foggiest idea how to do!
But they did not kill it with this measure, they just at minimum, DOUBLED the cost of it, and ALL on our, the tax payer's shoulder Vig.

It's the LEAST conservative thing they could do...it's not killing it, this measure ensures it's survival....by doubling those going to the exchange...especially now that full timers scheduled at less than 40 hours a week no longer need to be covered with insurance by the corporation, and the corporation can NOW dump them on to the exchange, at our expense, with no PENALTY....

it's a dumb revision, it should have been 35 hours...

Why would they kill it? As Dems are so fond of pointing out - it's a Republican bill.
Wow, my head is spinning with that one DB....NOT that it couldn't be true....but the deviousness behind such a coup is mind blowing if it is true!

Well you are military so that is not a problem. Try being self employed and having to pay for own insurance with a five thousand dollar deductible, anyway

I haven't been military in a long time, and while going to the VA is an option for me, those resources should be for guys who were injured in battle. Yes, the self-insurance market is a mess, but it was a mess before ObamaCare got there. Self-insured is where you had all the horror stories of pre-existing conditions being used as an excuse to deny coverage.

My green card Mexican got triple bypass surgery with all the fixings just six months before his American wife suffering from diabetes got the same operation and neither paid a dime.

That story has a lot of hair on it. I'm sure you are making shit up.

So your medical stuff is sort of like the job stuff, if your not getting it your just not trying hard enough.

Uh, no, guy, the fact is, some employers really do solve their insurance problems by firing sick employees. I had the bad luck of working for one of them. But to the point, why are we making employers the adminstrators of health care to start with?

Joe I don't know why your real life examples are true and mine are not. I suspect my real life examples are shocking because a lot of USMB posters don't get out much and many of them dont spend much time in the real world(probably cause they re always here posting ) if anything I try to show how policy is being used and abused by real life people, something sorely missing on this site. Too much yadda yadda is spent on pissing contests, emotional appeals, and academic constructs that have no bearing on real life. That is fine and dandy but let's at least admit that it is what it is

The story with the Mexican is this. People who work on boats are,considered independent contractors. This fella has been with me for 20 years and he is a captain. One day in the summer he was unloading and just fell out. They rushed him to the hospital and pretty much had to operate right away. He was 46 years old , overweight, and had a worse diet than a steer in a feedlot. He would have died without the care. I am glad he got it. He still works for me and is behaving himself. He doesn't want to go yet. His wife was a different story. She was a slug with a severe history of diabetes in her family who refused to get up off the couch to get healthy. She received disability and benes out the ass. Six months after her husband had a heart attack she had one, and lived through one nightmare after another in the hospital getting staph and trying to heal with diabetes. She still refused to get a healthy lifestyle but received eye operations, shoulder operations knee operations all at taxpayer expense as she had never worked for the last ten years. Sadly she passed away this summer, a mixed blessing as she had reached the point of being bedridden and on dialysis, a condition I wouldn't wish on anyone. Ther has probably been close to a million dollars spent on these two in the last three years, all at taxpayer expense and all without them contributing to the care. These kinds of medical stories are legion where I live. You get more and better medical care if you claim to have nothing than you do as a middle class citizen. My point in all of this is that with a kind of universal healthcare these discrepancies are going to have to be dealt with and admitted to.

To show you how human nature is hard to change, after all this my Mexican likes to rant about how all these black people are getting everything for free. When I point out all the assistance he got he says that is not the same thing. Health insurance is just a hard conversation to have.

It's probably a hard conversation to have because most people don't place a monetary value on the lives of their loved ones.

Every other industrialized nation has universal health care. Most have Single Payer. It kind of sucks for the Doctors, they don't make as much as they do here.

the question becomes, should health care be a consumer commodity or a public service. I personally think it should be the latter.

Now, here's the thing. I really didn't start to have medical issues until I was in my mid-40's. So to me, paying for health insurance was kind of just pissing money away. But when I got to that day when I needed it, it was a reasonable expectation that it should be there.

Why revamp health care when the problem was coverage? Shouldn't that have called for a revamping of insurance companies? If the real intent was better coverage for Americans, why were the insurance companies allowed to raise deductibles to 5,000-10,000 instead of making them more "affordable"?
Why allow hospitals to charge it's patients from 400% to 1,000% more for their services? That's 1000% more expensive, not more affordable. What wasn't broken was, no Hospital could turn some one away at the door. Now, if they don't turn you away, if you need to return, they get fined up to $150,000 per patient, for any patient they re-admit.
What was broken about employers paying for their worker's insurance? Why is that broken now? Now we have pay our own skyrocketing insurance premiums and out of pocket expenses, with less work hours on our paychecks to do it with, if Obama has his way.

Repeal it all. All of the taxes, all of the fines, and challenge Congress to come up with a plan to make insurance companies make insurance affordable, and as before, government help for those who can afford nothing, with a repayment plan for those healthy enough to work to pay it back.

Forum List

Back