House votes down ObamaCare’s 30-hour workweek, 252-172

You can't consider paying someone what their skills are worth as hatred. If someone is getting something equal to what they offer, that's fair.

I don't have to explain how someone worth $8/hour based on their skills getting $8/hour is cheating them because it isn't.

No, you don't have to explain anything. When people vote in $15.00 living wage laws, you can shut the fuck up and pay the man.

You can't consider paying someone what their skills are worth as hatred. If someone is getting something equal to what they offer, that's fair.

I don't have to explain how someone worth $8/hour based on their skills getting $8/hour is cheating them because it isn't.

No, you don't have to explain anything. When people vote in $15.00 living wage laws, you can shut the fuck up and pay the man.

The only way some uneducated, unskilled lowlife leech will ever get $15 is to have it handed to him. That must sound good to you because you'll never have skills to earn that much. Now we know why you support it.

The only way some uneducated, unskilled lowlife leech will ever get $15 is to have it handed to him. That must sound good to you because you'll never have skills to earn that much. Now we know why you support it.

I haven't earned that little in 16 years now... And that's before you adjust for inflation, Cleetus, you'd probably have to go back into the 1990's. True, I don't have your totally awesome job as Possum Catcher.

Anyway, now, here's the thing. Used to be, you could make a living wage with a HS Diploma. And you know what, that was just fine. Frankly, your side complains about abortions but the reason most women put off babies until their 30's is because they don't make enough coming out of college to afford one.

I haven't earned that little in 16 years now... And that's before you adjust for inflation, Cleetus, you'd probably have to go back into the 1990's. True, I don't have your totally awesome job as Possum Catcher.

Anyway, now, here's the thing. Used to be, you could make a living wage with a HS Diploma. And you know what, that was just fine. Frankly, your side complains about abortions but the reason most women put off babies until their 30's is because they don't make enough coming out of college to afford one.

Your job is Obama shit eater.

I complain about abortions because it's nothing more than a woman not willing to accept that she fucked someone, he dropped his load, she got pregnant, and now won't take responsibility for all those previous things.

People can make a living coming out of high school. The problem is you want them to make the same living as someone with the same three degrees and level of skills I have. Since they can't, although a living, you think someone like me that earned his should be willing to give up part of that so someone today can have it handed to him.

The Hill ^

The House on Thursday in a 252-172 vote approved legislation that would waive fees on businesses that do not offer health insurance to employees working fewer than 40 hours per week. The legislation – which has been at the center of a heavy corporate lobbying campaign – only received 12 Democratic votes. Eighteen Democrats backed the bill during a House vote on the same issue last spring. No Republicans opposed the measure. The White House has threatened to veto the bill, which strikes at the healthcare law’s mandate that businesses provide insurance. The legislation is the GOP’s first chance to...
The Obama will only allow changes to the law made by The Obama

I complain about abortions because it's nothing more than a woman not willing to accept that she fucked someone, he dropped his load, she got pregnant, and now won't take responsibility for all those previous things.

Yes, you don't have problems with women at all. You can't expect a woman to not have a $300.00 abortion when having a baby costs $10,000 to start with and she doesn't get health insurance because the multi-billion dollar company cheats her.

Oh, don't have sex until you're 30? That's a solution, all right.

People can make a living coming out of high school. The problem is you want them to make the same living as someone with the same three degrees and level of skills I have. Since they can't, although a living, you think someone like me that earned his should be willing to give up part of that so someone today can have it handed to him.

No, I have no problem with you being fairly compensated for your degree in advanced Possum Catching from Talking Snake University.

I think someone who does the back-breaking work you won't do should be fairly compensated for it.

Yes, you don't have problems with women at all. You can't expect a woman to not have a $300.00 abortion when having a baby costs $10,000 to start with and she doesn't get health insurance because the multi-billion dollar company cheats her.

Oh, don't have sex until you're 30? That's a solution, all right.

No, I have no problem with you being fairly compensated for your degree in advanced Possum Catching from Talking Snake University.

I think someone who does the back-breaking work you won't do should be fairly compensated for it.

Sure I can because it's not about the amount but the procedure.

I didn't say not to have sex. I said accept responsibility even when the results aren't what you wanted if you make the choice knowing what can happen.

If that back breaking work involves a $7/hour skill and the person gets $7/hour, that's fair. The only way you can say it isn't is by thinking you should have a say in what a business you don't own pays. You don't, therefore, you have no argument.

Sure I can because it's not about the amount but the procedure.

I didn't say not to have sex. I said accept responsibility even when the results aren't what you wanted if you make the choice knowing what can happen.

They are accepting responsibility. They are making an appointment to get rid of the problem. When you right wing fuckheads pool a bunch of money to take in all the unwanted babies, you can get back to me and tell them otherwise.

If that back breaking work involves a $7/hour skill and the person gets $7/hour, that's fair. The only way you can say it isn't is by thinking you should have a say in what a business you don't own pays. You don't, therefore, you have no argument.

Well, you know what, guy, when states and cities are putting the issue on the ballot, your mean-spirited view of the working poor loses. Every time.

The closer to 40 hours Congress can agree on the better. My wife has had her hours cut to keep them below 25 hours, just because of Obamacare. Before that it was closer to 28. The extra pay adds up. It almost seems like an attack on the middle class if you ask me.

hopefully it won't pass the Senate...

this gives the A-OK for companies to work employees 39.5 hours and not provide health care insurance any more, even though they had been buying it for their workers for the last 20 years with 35 hours or more.... then those workers can be dumped on the exchange and us tax payers will have to pay for more people..

35 hours would have been a better revision...

Some where some weren't but they weren't forced to pay for it. The purpose of obamacare is to dump more people on government insurance anyway. The whole thing needs to be repealed and start over
In the mean time, this move of the House would cost us a FORTUNE...big companies that used to have the benefit for 35 hours or more full timers will have no GUILT when dropping insurance on those employees not meeting or not scheduled 40 hours each and every week of the year because they can just go to the exchange and qualify for health care insurance with government subsidies from our taxes....

This is A STUPID STUPID STUPID MEASURE.....

Now, C4A, the Reps CAMPAIGNED on killing Obumacare, and as you know, CRUSHED the DemocRATS in the 2014 elections.... they are simply keeping promises made during the campaign, something DemocRATs haven't got the foggiest idea how to do!

You know Joe, I have put in as many back breaking days of hard work as anyone and sometimes still do. I really don't understand your fixation on people being cheated. I started out working min wage and was tickled to death to have a job, never once thinking I was being cheated. When I wasn't satisfied I moved on and improved myself. You know that expression that" you have to pay your dues", well people like you must think that is out the window and now everyone needs to start at the top so that we have a bunch of unqualified know-nothing's running our daily affairs. But your outrage about wage slavery has no basis in fact.

If you want to talk about not being paid enough, talk to any of our citizens that are self employed. Ask anyone who runs a restaurant to break down the number of hours they work and see if it even approaches min wage, but they don't whine about it, and many self employed people do more back breaking work than their employees. Furthermore, this country has raised so many wimps it's hard to find someone to even break out in a sweat that can speak English. Most people today are too good to get a callous on their hand, manual labor is below them. In fact how about sending me some videos of Americans doing back breaking work who are unhappy with their lot. Everything is mechanized from farming to coal mining partly because people like you want to price labor out of a job even at a macdonalds.

The housewife that cleans our house makes thirty dollars an hour. The excon who I hire often for yard work makes 25 an hour. The mentally challenged fella that cleans our kitchen makes 15 an hour. The unemployed former crackheads that head my shrimp make 15 an hour. And all this happens in Nowheresville, USA. AND under the table. This is America Joe, lighten up.

You know Joe, I have put in as many back breaking days of hard work as anyone and sometimes still do. I really don't understand your fixation on people being cheated. I started out working min wage and was tickled to death to have a job, never once thinking I was being cheated. When I wasn't satisfied I moved on and improved myself. You know that expression that" you have to pay your dues", well people like you must think that is out the window and now everyone needs to start at the top so that we have a bunch of unqualified know-nothing's running our daily affairs. But your outrage about wage slavery has no basis in fact.

Tell you what, guy. Get a serious illness, and then have your employer cheat you out of not only the insurance you paid for, but also try his level best to fire you. I'm sure it will cure you of any Republican Stupidity you might still be suffering from.

Well you are military so that is not a problem. Try being self employed and having to pay for own insurance with a five thousand dollar deductible, anyway no one who really needs medical attention is denied in this country. My green card Mexican got triple bypass surgery with all the fixings just six months before his American wife suffering from diabetes got the same operation and neither paid a dime. So your medical stuff is sort of like the job stuff, if your not getting it your just not trying hard enough.

hopefully it won't pass the Senate...

this gives the A-OK for companies to work employees 39.5 hours and not provide health care insurance any more, even though they had been buying it for their workers for the last 20 years with 35 hours or more.... then those workers can be dumped on the exchange and us tax payers will have to pay for more people..

35 hours would have been a better revision...

Some where some weren't but they weren't forced to pay for it. The purpose of obamacare is to dump more people on government insurance anyway. The whole thing needs to be repealed and start over
In the mean time, this move of the House would cost us a FORTUNE...big companies that used to have the benefit for 35 hours or more full timers will have no GUILT when dropping insurance on those employees not meeting or not scheduled 40 hours each and every week of the year because they can just go to the exchange and qualify for health care insurance with government subsidies from our taxes....

This is A STUPID STUPID STUPID MEASURE.....

Now, C4A, the Reps CAMPAIGNED on killing Obumacare, and as you know, CRUSHED the DemocRATS in the 2014 elections.... they are simply keeping promises made during the campaign, something DemocRATs haven't got the foggiest idea how to do!
But they did not kill it with this measure, they just at minimum, DOUBLED the cost of it, and ALL on our, the tax payer's shoulder Vig.

It's the LEAST conservative thing they could do...it's not killing it, this measure ensures it's survival....by doubling those going to the exchange...especially now that full timers scheduled at less than 40 hours a week no longer need to be covered with insurance by the corporation, and the corporation can NOW dump them on to the exchange, at our expense, with no PENALTY....

it's a dumb revision, it should have been 35 hours...

Forum List

Back