House Republicans regroup amid Medicare anger

I'm not denying that everyone loves free lunch.

And I'm hard pressed to see the downside of "ending Medicare as we know it", if there's really any truth to that leftist scaremonger moonbat propaganda.

Surprise! OddDude avoids answering the question asked but gives an answer to a question that he wasn't asked.

He did say "I'm not denying that everyone loves a free lunch"

Whoops, your issue with oddball made you screw up.

Except he wasn't asked if people love a free lunch. FAIL. Please, be more partisan. :eusa_eh:

I know your smart enough to understand that when he said "free lunch" it equates to "medicare benefits"

And i take issue with calling medicare a free lunch, its the same as social security, its a return on a lifetime of investment. Welfare is a free lunch since you dont pay a welfare tax but we pay directly into social security and medicare as a a government forced retirement savings and retirement healthcare system......but thats a different subject.
Horse shit....It's an outright transfer payment.

Yep !
And thanks to our biased lefty main stream news,who is leaving out the facts and details of Ryan's plan and spinning it into a scare for seniors, no wonder seniors are upset.

Can you link us to the facts about the plan that we should be reading?

http://paulryan.house.gov/UploadedFiles/PathToProsperityFY2012.pdf

there you go....and if you read it you will see why that comment was made by peach.

see you in an hour or two when your finished reading the whole thing ;)

Surprise! OddDude avoids answering the question asked but gives an answer to a question that he wasn't asked.

Except he wasn't asked if people love a free lunch. FAIL. Please, be more partisan. :eusa_eh:

I know your smart enough to understand that when he said "free lunch" it equates to "medicare benefits"

And i take issue with calling medicare a free lunch, its the same as social security, its a return on a lifetime of investment. Welfare is a free lunch since you dont pay a welfare tax but we pay directly into social security and medicare as a a government forced retirement savings and retirement healthcare system......but thats a different subject.
Horse shit....It's an outright transfer payment.

But I pay Medicare taxes every week?

Elaborate?

"I am not sensing the general public is angered over Medicare reform," he insisted. "When I explain that people over 55 are not affected there is almost a sigh of relief."

In other words, Barletta believes his constituents will only tolerate "reform" that does not personally affect them.

This offhand acknowledgement belies the obvious truth that Republicans are loath to admit: Americans actually like their supposedly bloated, inefficient, bureaucratic, government health insurance, and they do not trust for-profit insurance companies to do it better. They like their socialized medicine so much that they're willing to give hell to anyone who threatens to take it away.

Republicans' Medicare blunder - CNN.com

How is this a blunder?

People close to retirement (55+) who haven't had time to prepare for the cuts financially aren't affected. Those under 55, such as myself, have the time to prepare and will have to deal with cuts.

What is the issue your trying to create?
They're trying to scare the fuck out of seniors, yet again.

The ethos of Marxist expropriation and redistribution fails on economic and moral bases, so you have to go around and demagogue all who oppose you.

So, as I do often. If I don't think something is right, I look it up as i did with the claim that Medicare doubles in cost every 4 years.

I found since 1970 Medicare costs per beneficiary have risen at an annual rate of 8.8%but insurance premiums have risen at an annual rate of 9.9%.

http://www.cms.gov/NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/tables.pdf
How 'bout you score what Medicare costs today, versus what it was claimed it was going to cost, counting for inflation, when that foolhardy scam was enacted back in '65?

G'head and take your time......

Yep !
And thanks to our biased lefty main stream news,who is leaving out the facts and details of Ryan's plan and spinning it into a scare for seniors, no wonder seniors are upset.

I have put up many links here in several posts.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=162...publicans-regroup-amid-medicare-anger-11.html

rdd is going to be busy for a while, 74 pages to read

"I am not sensing the general public is angered over Medicare reform," he insisted. "When I explain that people over 55 are not affected there is almost a sigh of relief."

In other words, Barletta believes his constituents will only tolerate "reform" that does not personally affect them.

This offhand acknowledgement belies the obvious truth that Republicans are loath to admit: Americans actually like their supposedly bloated, inefficient, bureaucratic, government health insurance, and they do not trust for-profit insurance companies to do it better. They like their socialized medicine so much that they're willing to give hell to anyone who threatens to take it away.

Republicans' Medicare blunder - CNN.com

How is this a blunder?

People close to retirement (55+) who haven't had time to prepare for the cuts financially aren't affected. Those under 55, such as myself, have the time to prepare and will have to deal with cuts.

How about the fact that ryan claims that medicare will go broke in 9 years and yet his plan does nothing to address the costs for 10 years based on how he claims that nothing will change for those 55 and over??

If their retirement is what is going to make medicare go broke in 9 years then how does ryan's plan address that problem in the here and now??

Yep !

http://paulryan.house.gov/UploadedFiles/PathToProsperityFY2012.pdf

there you go....and if you read it you will see why that comment was made by peach.

see you in an hour or two when your finished reading the whole thing ;)

So another poster claims the "lefty main stream news is leaving out the facts and details of ryans plan" and when asked for specifics about what is being left out you post a link to his plan while failing miserably at actually proving what is being left out and think that works a valid response? LOL

You guys claim the "lefty main stream news" is leaving stuff out so prove it.

How is this a blunder?

The ethos of Marxist expropriation and redistribution fails on economic and moral bases, so you have to go around and demagogue all who oppose you.

You mean like how the right tried to scare seniors prior to the midterm election where they attacked obama for daring to cut waste from medicare??

Funny how it's apparently ok for the right to do it but oh so wrong for the left to do it. LOL

I have put up many links here in several posts.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=162...publicans-regroup-amid-medicare-anger-11.html

rdd is going to be busy for a while, 74 pages to read

So you have NOTHING specific to offer to support the claim about the "lefty main stream news" leaving stuff out?? LOL

It's pretty obvious that RDD is talking about what you right wingers are claiming the "lefty main stream news" is leaving out so why post a link to the entire plan instead of posting the facts that you believe the "lefty main stream news" is leaving out??

Funny how you seem to believe that citing a link while providing NO specifics proves a claim about the "lefty main stream news" but my guess is that you have a different standard for those whom you disagree with and that you would ask them to be more specific.

How is this a blunder?

You mean like how the right tried to scare seniors prior to the midterm election where they attacked obama for daring to cut waste from medicare??

Funny how it's apparently ok for the right to do it but oh so wrong for the left to do it. LOL

The right tends to have selective memory on this one.

Obama wants to cut fraud & waste in MediCare = he is killing Grandma.
Ryan/GOP want to eliminate MediCare altogether = a good idea.

:eusa_whistle:

Run away! Run away!

I would just like someone to try and answer my questions about ryan's plans for medicare considering the fact that he has said it will go broke in 9 years and yet his plan kicks the can down the street and does nothing to those 55 and older over the next 10 years.

Is their next plan to come back later and make even more changes that they said will not affect those 55 and over in ryan's plan??

I have asked these and similar questions over and over and got not one real response.

I have gotten the argument of "it's better than nothing" a few times as well as accused of claiming the right "wants to kill grandma" but that really isn't a valid response.

Run away! Run away!

I would just like someone to try and answer my questions about ryan's plans for medicare considering the fact that he has said it will go broke in 9 years and yet his plan kicks the can down the street and does nothing to those 55 and older over the next 10 years.

Is their next plan to come back later and make even more changes that they said will not affect those 55 and over in ryan's plan??

I have asked these and similar questions over and over and got not one real response.

I have gotten the argument of "it's better than nothing" a few times as well as accused of claiming the right "wants to kill grandma" but that really isn't a valid response.
You just want gramma to die in the street! :rolleyes:

The right tends to have selective memory on this one.

Obama wants to cut fraud & waste in MediCare = he is killing Grandma.
Ryan/GOP want to eliminate MediCare altogether = a good idea.

:eusa_whistle:
Bullshit.

Boiking didn't do any cutting of fraud, but in fact perpetrated one when he double-counted money backed out of Medicare only to count it as "revenues" for his train wreck of a plan.

BTW....I'm not a republican, so y'all can give up trying to project their foolishness onto me.

I remember the Reps screaming about the 500 Billion the Dems were taking out of Medicare and swinging towards Obamacare but sure didn't hear anyone, either party, yelling agaist eleminating fraud and waste in Medicare.

Ryans plan doesn't want to eliminate Medicare. Jeeze.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back