House Republicans Pissing Away Middle-Class Tax Cut?

Worth another look:

Five mostly moderate Republican senators have called for the House to support the Senate's two-month extension. One of them, Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, issued a statement after Tuesday's House vote that said House Republicans "would rather continue playing politics than find solutions."

Interesting. Republicans usually don't attack each other. I guess some of them are get fed up with the Tea Party in the House.

No...It's the same issue. Conservatives( Tea Party, if you will) battling liquid spined big tent RINOs. Those jerks may as well caucus with the democrats.
This is not about the "R" or being team players. This is about the country and the people of the US.

Republicans extend it for a year, and we are somehow against it.

Democrats vote to extend it for 2 months and they are somehow for it, while opposing the 10 additional months and opposing real job creation.

Seriously, Dems. The American people aren't stupid. I know you think they are and you depend on that false premise to get your way, but they are.

Stop lying and support the House bill. Unless you really dont want the tax cut, which i suspect is the case.

The stupidity and greed from the left is overwhelming.

OK Lefties. Though I doubt any of you criers and whiners have the guts to answer a few questions on SS.

How does this cut help the fiscal sustainability of SS?

Are you clowns so greedy you wont even fund SS now?

The program you wont touch, but spend the money out of.

This cut has proven ineffective.

It's simple. They want to change it to a welfare program. At some point someone is going to realize and demand we aren't collecting enough revenue for SS. Think the suggestion will be to go back to 6.2%. Fuck no. The will say the cap needs to be lifted and benefits increased for those who pay the least and no additional benefits for those who pay the most. In fact then, this is the kicker, means testing will be proposed. So the rich will pay for it all and not get any benefit. Welfare is what the result will be called, and rightly so. Not what SS was "sold" as, and not what it was intended to be.

Liberal 2.0. Spend then tax.

best post of the day.

The Reuters story is 10% fact, 90% editorial.
Here's the deal. The GOP wants at least a one year deal. The Democrats want something one which to run their campaigns.
A short term deal solves nothing. We're right back at it in February. How is that productive?

Right back at it in February? Obama wants the tax cut. The Democrats want the tax cut. 90% of the Senate wants the tax cut - including Senate Republicans. If it was really about how long it is, it wouldn't be an issue.

“The House Republicans’ plan to scuttle the deal to help middle-class families is irresponsible and wrong,’’ [Republican Senator] Brown said. “I appreciate their effort to extend these measures for a full year, but a two-month extension is a good deal when it means we avoid jeopardizing the livelihoods of millions of American families.’’

If the House Republicans were genuinely upset it wasn't enough, they'd take what theyve got and then look for more, not scrap what they've already got.
Yes...Right back to the same issue in Feb.
The extension would expire in 60 days. Do I relly need to explain this to you? Or are you being contentious?
If the democrats and the Senate RINO's were serious about the payroll tax cut, they's work to get a lasting one in place.
No. Once again we see politics instead of government from our elected Reps and Senators.

Except that there's no agreement for a one-year extension, and no chance of reaching one before the end of the year. You know that, and that's why you're parroting the party-line: because you know what you're supposedly asking for is impossible.

The truth is neither you nor the House Pubs want a tax break for ordinary people, but you don't have the balls to say it.

Forum List

Back