House Rejects Change To Estate Tax

Oh boo hoo hoo.

I'm a poor scion who isn't capable of making it with only the equivalent of 10 YEARS pretax salaries of the average american family to start out with

Poor me! I know I'm such a loser I cannot make it without daddy's money

What business is it of yours how anyone gets their money as long as it was done legally?

Just because a persons ancestor was successful and left a legacy to his heirs, you believe the government deserves it more than the man's family?

...it was estimated that if Bush Tax Cuts were not extended, unemployment would hit 11 to 12%.

It was also estimated by the very same people that his tax cuts for the wealthy would stimulate the economy and create millions of MORE jobs.

...it was estimated that if Bush Tax Cuts were not extended, unemployment would hit 11 to 12%.

It was also estimated by the very same people that his tax cuts for the wealthy would stimulate the economy and create millions of MORE jobs.

It was also predicted that Obama's stimulus would hold unemployment at 8%

Guess all the idiots are wrong huh?

Guess all the idiots are wrong huh?

It seems more a three ring circus. When you see Gold drop back down you will know we are in recovery, until then, it's all smoke screen and manipulation.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

I'm a poor scion who isn't capable of making it with only the equivalent of 10 YEARS pretax salaries of the average american family to start out with

What business is it of yours how anyone gets their money as long as it was done legally?

Just because a persons ancestor was successful and left a legacy to his heirs, you believe the government deserves it more than the man's family?

Skull if you cannot make it in America with millions of tax free dollars then honestly you're just a whining rich boy crybaby.

You honestly expect working Americans to feel sorry for these pampered Lord Font Le Roys?

Not a chance.

Was that before or after the republicans gutted it?

Economic Stimulus Package: Compromise Still is Possible

Republicans have been effective at slicing and dicing the economic stimulus package, but their description of alternative actions has fallen far short. Republicans assert that using all of the stimulus package for tax cuts, rather than blending tax cuts with spending, is the proper way to go. In this regard, Republicans seem oblivious to history. If tax cuts were an effective stimulus package for creating jobs, it seems we would have multiple jobs for every American by now, given all of the tax cuts enacted under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

One can't help but wonder that the reason Obama's 2009 stimulus act fell short is because he gave into the demands of the republicans.

It seems more a three ring circus. When you see Gold drop back down you will know we are in recovery, until then, it's all smoke screen and manipulation.

The "main" reason for the price of gold to have skyrocketed was the monetary policy of Bush Jr who devalued the dollar by some 40% as president.

439.jpg

Was that before or after the republicans gutted it?

Economic Stimulus Package: Compromise Still is Possible

Republicans have been effective at slicing and dicing the economic stimulus package, but their description of alternative actions has fallen far short. Republicans assert that using all of the stimulus package for tax cuts, rather than blending tax cuts with spending, is the proper way to go. In this regard, Republicans seem oblivious to history. If tax cuts were an effective stimulus package for creating jobs, it seems we would have multiple jobs for every American by now, given all of the tax cuts enacted under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

One can't help but wonder that the reason Obama's 2009 stimulus act fell short is because he gave into the demands of the republicans.

"Associated Content is now the official digital library of the Yahoo! Contributor Network and the world’s largest source of community-created content."

In other words, no real journalists - therefore no standard of ethics. Therefore, not a credible source.

I would suggest you try legitimate information instead of 'community created content'.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Skull if you cannot make it in America with millions of tax free dollars then honestly you're just a whining rich boy crybaby.

You honestly expect working Americans to feel sorry for these pampered Lord Font Le Roys?

Not a chance.

So wanting people to keep their own money is your definition of feeling sorry for someone?

The death tax is nothing but a government money grab but as long as it's not your money you're OK with it right?

So you are unable to account for why there are rich limousine liberals...

Why shouldn't there be liberals who are great businessmen as well.

It's a fiction that republicans "own" the business model. In fact, the economy has consistenly done better under liberals then under conservatives.

The only thing republicans seem capable of growing is deficits...see Reagan...see Bush Jr...

Want to hear a joke? Remember how the conservatives complained about Carter's deficits spending? His last budget called for 30 billion in deficits. Reagan declared it "dead on arrival" and rewrote it. By the time the republicans were done revising it, they had boosted the deficit to 60 billion dollars...

Simply put, why are there so many Enron millionaires, S&L millionaires and Mortgage billionaires? The answer is simple, because there are republican politicians.

So you are unable to account for why there are rich limousine liberals...

Why shouldn't there be liberals who are great businessmen as well.

It's a fiction that republicans "own" the business model. In fact, the economy has consistenly done better under liberals then under conservatives.

The only thing republicans seem capable of growing is deficits...see Reagan...see Bush Jr...

Want to hear a joke? Remember how the conservatives complained about Carter's deficits spending? His last budget called for 30 billion in deficits. Reagan declared it "dead on arrival" and rewrote it. By the time the republicans were done revising it, they had boosted the deficit to 60 billion dollars...

Simply put, why are there so many Enron millionaires, S&L millionaires and Mortgage billionaires? The answer is simple, because there are republican politicians.

That's why we calls youse DUmmies!

I can't fathom how any estate tax is fair. That money and property has been taxed all to hell as it was being earned and owned. Income tax, payroll tax, sales tax, property tax, etc, etc.

Now the government wants to take 50% of whats left. Do the math. A person would probably actually pay up to 75% of the value of their estate in taxes. The UCSA. You know what the C is for.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0QcH0U4-5o[/ame]

Not a chance.

So wanting people to keep their own money is your definition of feeling sorry for someone?

The death tax is nothing but a government money grab but as long as it's not your money you're OK with it right?

You think that today's scions won't make it with $5,000,000 tax free dollars to start out with?

I have more faith in those kids than you apparently do.

That's probably because I've know more kids in that position.

They're survive.

IN fact they're do better with less to start out with that with more.

Last edited:
I can't fathom how any estate tax is fair. That money and property has been taxed all to hell as it was being earned and owned. Income tax, payroll tax, sales tax, property tax, etc, etc.

Now the government wants to take 50% of whats left. Do the math. A person would probably actually pay up to 75% of the value of their estate in taxes. The UCSA. You know what the C is for.

The answer to your quandary lies in the foundation of power distribution in our country. In America, money is power. Power once reserved for Kings, dictators, tyrants, and so forth is now spread around the monied elite. This is based on the theory that those who EARN the money are the best ones to designate how that money is used.

However history shows us a downside to this theory. As money is passed from generation to generation, this WISDOM is not passed along.

So before you whine about how decedents are ENTITLED to the inheritance of the powers of their forefathers, consider Bush Jr who wouldn't have qualified as a janitor in Washington DC let alone of been elected president if his father wasn't president before him.

What the hell type of rant was that/ Wouldnt qualify as a janitor? the man that was smarter then Kerry.

Youre just pissed he was so much smarter then you.

Forum List

Back