SANITY: McConnell offers 1 page alternative to massive Dem "book"

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) touts his one-page continuing resolution that would "simply continue the government through February 18th."

"I would hope that it would make sense on a bipartisan basis, this one-page continuing resolution on Feb 18th as an alternative to this 2,000-page monstrosity that spends a half a billion dollars a page," McConnell said on the Senate floor.

RealClearPolitics - Video - McConnell: Dems Using "Christmas Break As An Inducement" To Pass Omnibus

That would be a wonderful Christmas present to the American people if Congress would adopt his resolution. They won't of course.

The videos in your link tell the story.

Yea Kudos to Mitch McConnell on this one. He's showing some real leadership. The Democrats are lost and cannot Govern. A Member of the Minority Party had to assume the leadership role. What does that say about the current Democratic Party? His one page CR kills the awful 2,000 page Dem Boondoggle. He really is a Hero. That 2,000 page Dem Nightmare was an insult to all Americans.

They were supposed to have this done back on October 1st.

Yes, but that was just before the election. And they would have had to expose their unacceptable and offensive intent that would certainly have been used against them. If they had done that, we would have booted Sharpton, Frank, Reid, Pelosi, Boxer, and many others that squeaked by their elections this last November. Now everybody depends on America's short attention span and fuzzy memory and figures whatever they do now will be long forgotten by 2012.

Fuck Mitch McConnell. I live in the state of KY and he is our senator although I have NEVER voted for his ass. He can kiss this half-white lily ass!!

the democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery.
~dave barry :clap2:

NICER?

:bsflag:

His words, not mine. But my sentiments. The Democrats complained all through the Bush years that they couldn't stop the debacle because they were not in power. When they got into power instead of taking the reigns, they caved in to more Republican chicanery and extortion.

I wouldn't trust any member of Congress to clean the lint filter on my clothes dryer, so perhaps I'm not the best authority on the subject. The majority of those whom we elected to represent us have time and time again proven themselves incapable of doing so. If you employed any of them, you'd have fired their asses ages ago. Well they do work for us. And I think it is about time to fire the entire stinking lot.

Talk about :bsflag:

New Topics

Forum List

Back