House GOPers War On Birth Control

H.R. 358 is Part of House Republican Leadership War on Contraception | National Women's Law Center

Angry yet? I know I'd like to punch someone.

These guys did say they would be all about jobs, am I correct? And instead, they're about setting back women's rights 100 years?

Your thoughts?

I have no problem with them stopping the taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. I think they run a crooked shop.

It is harder than hell for me to stay on top of all the anti-woman legislation being bandied about, Trajan, but I am reasonably sure the Planned Parenthood defunding bill is a different one.

Why do you think they're crooks?

Maybe if Mad got a REAL news source, rather than wasting her time getting her panties in a twist over the NWLC as though they meant anything, she'd know that Planned Parenthood was recently filmed offering advice on how to get cheap abortions for underaged girls smuggled into the country illegally for use as prostitutes, aka pedophilia, human trafficking, and slavery, all rather large crimes.

But hey, we're too busy worrying about the sacred right of sluts to taxpayer-funded birth control and abortions to care about piddly shit like the right of women to not be sold into slavery as children. :eusa_hand:

Gotta love that feminist compassion for other women, eh?

I'll never understand why the left doesn't see the danger to themselves in allowing someone's right to be alive to be determined by how much OTHER people want them around.

And I'll never understand why the right can complain ad nauseum about others making a demand on their pocket book but a fetus can demand the use of my body. I can only assume mandatory organ donation is next.

Speaking of an anti-woman post . . . Just how long have you secretly dreamed of being a man?

A fetus does not "demand" the use of your body. This is because a fetus does not decide to be created. YOU made him; YOU put him in your body. To then whine and cry about the consequences of YOUR choices and YOUR actions as though they are someone else's fault and being "forced" upon you while you just stand there innocently, doing nothing, is the height of childishness. And if you're looking for sympathy in your hapless plight at the mercy of the big, bad, evil fetus, you're in the wrong crowd. Try a kindergarten class, but even they might be too smart and mature for you.

In short, I'm very sorry if the hard realities of your own biology are so hateful and repugnant to you, and I'm sorry that you hate being a woman, but please don't expect public policy to be made on the assumption that ALL women hate themselves and their bodies as much as you do. They have treatment programs for your level of self-loathing.

And I'll never understand why the right can complain ad nauseum about others making a demand on their pocket book but a fetus can demand the use of my body. I can only assume mandatory organ donation is next.

why yes because ,like, the 2 are totally equal:rolleyes:

The two are exactly equal. If you tether me to another human that uses my organs to live and I sever that tether, have I committed murder?

The only person who "tethered" you to another person is YOU, unless you'd like to tell us that someone forcibly held you down and performed in vitro fertilization on you against your will. And quite frankly, the more you spew your bitter vitriol against your own body, the more I think that it's the BABY who got the bad end of that deal, not you.

And I KNOW you didn't just ask, "How can it be considered murder for me to kill someone if I don't want them to exist in my life?" Even someone so blinded by her own self-hatred can't be THAT stupid.

For the record, yes. If you kill a child for daring to exist after you fucked around, you've committed the exact same act as if you kill a husband for daring to exist after you married him and then got tired of him. It may not be murder by the sheer fact that the law doesn't deem it illegal, but it's the exact same act.

While being your child might well be cause for suicide, I don't think it deserves capital punishment.

YOU were the one that did the tethering

And as long as there is no contractual obligation entered into by legal persons, I can sever it anytime I want to within the first trimester. A consequence of opening my front door may be that an uninvited guest with a certainty of doing harm to me may enter and take up residence, using my resources without my permission. Are you saying I can't use lethal force against such an intruder?
WOW what a massive stretch you took there

and now a baby is breaking and entering
LOL

Apparently much the same way that running out into the street, grabbing a passerby, and dragging him forcibly into my house makes HIM guilty of breaking and entering.

No clue why the idea of just going home from the bar alone at closing time is so hard for these broads. Just because you're drunk doesn't mean you HAVE to accept whatever offer finally turns up.

And is anyone else disturbed by this chick's assumption that not having a signed contract makes it okay for her to kill you in order to get you out of her life? As though anyone who had the ability wouldn't be running for the door within five minutes anyway.

Pay for it yourself. The issue of this thread begins and ends there.

To which I have already responded that it is in the best interest of the state and the general welfare to reduce the number of unwanted, uncared for children.

Hey Einstein, the answer is to teach adults to love their children, not to kill the kids the parents have not developed the heart to love.

Or perhaps we should just sterilize the idiots we wouldn't want procreating anyway, which would also reduce the "overpopulation" leftists are so certain is endangering the planet.

One wonders if snj would be as supportive of the state enforcing its "interest in general welfare" by tying her tubes as she seems to be in it supporting the killing of other people.

Nah. Suffering for the common good is always a one-way street with hypocritical ass clowns like this.

if women want to murder thier kids, FINE, but you dont need me to pay for it.

WTF is asking you to (unless you knock a woman up yourself)?

I dun understand why everyone keeps harping on this, as if some huge bill is coming in the mail.

But somehow, it makes PERFECT sense for Mad to keep harping on the GOP "making war on birth control" in a bill it's already been proven BY HER OWN WORDS says nothing whatsoever about birth control.

PP murders kids willy nilly

they use tax dollars to do it

I would pay billions for birth control.

not one cent for murdering kids.

you want to do that, YOU pay for it

So your solution is to close the only women's health center many Americans have access to? Good deal! Better dead than able to exercise their constitutional rights!

Fuck the poor!

There's been a flurry of this crapola lately, Trajan. Possibly the most vile are the bills that seek to redefine rape, but that's only one (or a few) of many.

and how did it all work out maddie?

T'aint over yet, Trajan. My guess is when all these bills are passed, if they are, there'll be some nasty unexpected surprises, and the health care law from hell will be even harder to understand, comply with and live with than it was already.

By the way, does this Congress ever plan to get back to Jobs, Jobs, Jobs? or are they just gonna cope with the threat to national security posed by sexually active women?

the only way government can create jobs is to get the hell out of the way of private enterprise. Not unfettered free enterprise. No. There should be regulations. Not overbearing and the crushing regulations we have now.
GO to any US Government website and dig up regulations on construction of federally subsidized homes. The list of specs and requirements is longer than the Dead Sea Scroll.
More stupidity in federal bureaucracy....About 10 years ago, the Chicago Air Traffic Control Center had a major computer breakdown. Now I realize this has nothing to do with private business, but the problem was not fixed due to all the red tape and hoops the FAA required to get the Center back on line. One of hte managers at the ATC said he could go to a computer store and buy a higher end PC that had more computing power than the ancient equipment he had in his facility. had he used his knowledge and ability to overcome a problem, he would have earned the rath of FAA bosses for going outside the government protocol.
Our federal government does nothing efficiently. There are rules for the rules and regulations for the regulations. There is so much redundancy that to a man it's enough to drive a sane person to the point of distraction.

So your solution is to close the only women's health center many Americans have access to? Good deal! Better dead than able to exercise their constitutional rights!

Fuck the poor!

are you generally this stupid?

i said, in ENGLISH, billions for birth control, not one cent for abortion.

that bears NO resemblence to what you just claimed i said.

look babe, you want to slut it up, and kill the resulting baby, fine. But i aint gonna pay for it

[...]

These guys did say they would be all about jobs, am I correct? And instead, they're about setting back women's rights 100 years?

Your thoughts?

Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP War on Women

1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't.

2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."

3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)

4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.

5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.

6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.

7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.

8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.

9) Congress voted yesterday on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.

10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can't make this stuff up).

[...]

My thoughts are that my tax dollars should not be going to pay for some other woman to murder her child because it's an inconvenience to her. I fully support this bill.
You should understand that the vast majority of abortions your tax dollars will be paying for will be terminating the pregnancies of women who are not married and cannot afford the cost of giving birth to and raising a child.

So which would you rather your tax dollars pay for, an abortion or the birth and development of a child from infancy to -- who knows?

[...]

My thoughts are that my tax dollars should not be going to pay for some other woman to murder her child because it's an inconvenience to her. I fully support this bill.
You should understand that the vast majority of abortions your tax dollars will be paying for will be terminating the pregnancies of women who are not married and cannot afford the cost of giving birth to and raising a child.

So which would you rather your tax dollars pay for, an abortion or the birth and development of a child from infancy to -- who knows?
The problem with this argument is it's based on the fallacy that society is responsible for the child, not the parents. You ask:

Do you want to pay for the birth control/abortion or the child?

I reject the premise of the question. It's not my child.

Fuck the poor!

So your only solution to keeping the health center that's important to you open is someone else besides you fund it?

No, my solution was universal health care. I did not get what I wanted.

I'm comfortable with the Hyde Amendment as a measure for when taxpayers money should be used for abortion. If the Dems would stop trying to force Americans to pay for abortions, the GOP wouldn't have to waste time fighting it.

Exactly.

Public funds DO NOT pay for abortions at Planned Parenthood. They get lots of donations. Planned Parent hood is about more than abortions. It is a safe place for women to have abortions instead of using rusty coat hangers and in back alleys. Public funds went to killing 5,000 ameircan troops, wounding thousands permanently, killing thousand of innocent Iraqi men, women and children.

What is the Hyde Amendment?

Passed by Congress in 1976, the Hyde Amendment excludes abortion from the comprehensive health care services provided to low-income people by the federal government through Medicaid. Congress has made some exceptions to the funding ban, which have varied over the years. At present, the federal Medicaid program mandates abortion funding in cases of rape or incest, as well as when a pregnant woman's life is endangered by a physical disorder, illness, or injury.

Most states have followed the federal government's lead in restricting public funding for abortion. Currently only seventeen states fund abortions for low-income women on the same or similar terms as other pregnancy-related and general health services. (See map.) Four of these states provide funding voluntarily (HI, MD, NY,1 and WA); in thirteen, courts interpreting their state constitutions have declared broad and independent protection for reproductive choice and have ordered nondiscriminatory public funding of abortion (AK, AZ, CA, CT, IL, MA, MN, MT, NJ, NM, OR, VT, and WV).2 Thirty-two of the remaining states pay for abortions for low-income women in cases of life-endangering circumstances, rape, or incest, as mandated by federal Medicaid law.3 (A handful of these states pay as well in cases of fetal impairment or when the pregnancy threatens "severe" health problems, but none provides reimbursement for all medically necessary abortions for low-income women.) Finally, one state (SD) fails even to comply with the Hyde Amendment, instead providing coverage only for lifesaving abortions.
Public Funding for Abortion | American Civil Liberties Union

Reich winger have created death panels for women.

[...]

The problem with this argument is it's based on the fallacy that society is responsible for the child, not the parents. You ask:

Do you want to pay for the birth control/abortion or the child?

I reject the premise of the question. It's not my child.

So, in your vision of the perfect nation, children starve in the streets?

Good to know!

Forum List

Back