House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started

ANYONE surprised this article posted by Flaylo is from the Huffington POST?

I'm not.:lol:

Nor is it surprising that you didn't have the capacity to refute what was said.

If the Post is lying about what republicans said, surely an intelligent mind could easily refute it .. but that takes us back to the question of capacity.

If the Post is lying about what republicans said, surely an intelligent mind could easily refute it .. but that takes us back to the question of capacity.

Sure it's a lie pushed by the media, and the best way to find out if it's a lie is wait nd see if this is true.

Official: House GOP Will Vote on ObamaCare Repeal Next Week
Official: House GOP Will Vote on ObamaCare Repeal Next Week | The Blaze

No one with an IQ over room temperature takes what the HuffPuff "reports" as anything more than partisan bullshit.

What's really funny... the OP is prone to hysteria over every sentence uttered by FNC... and yet apparently sees the HuffPuff as non-partisan. He's an intellectual lightweight. So are you if you accept this shit as fact.

The proof will be in the pudding.

Cannot WAIT to see how this Congress decreases unemployment, fights two wars in central Asia, give tax cuts to billionaires, and reduces the deficit, too.

Cannot WAIT to see what they cut, and what they bloat.

Now let me ask you partisan Republicans.

When the deficit continues to climb, and the spending is not substantially cut, and the billionaires get all the tax cuts they're demanding, are you finally going to acknowldge that the Rs are ALSO a BIG GOVERNMENT party?

Do any of you have the guts to acknowledge that the gameplan is the bankruptsy of the governments (FEDERAL AND STATE) of the USA?

Last edited:

Cannot WAIT to see how this Congress decreases unemployment, fights two wars in central Asia, give tax cuts to billionaires, and reduces the deficit, too.

When the deficit continues to climb, and the spending is not substantially cut, and the billionaires get all the tax cuts they're demanding, are you finally going to acknowldge that the Rs are ALSO a BIG GOVERNMENT party?

Do any of you have the guts to acknowledge that the gameplan is the bankruptsy of the governments (FEDERAL AND STATE) of the USA?

Do any of you have the guts to acknowledge that the gameplan is the bankruptsy of the governments (FEDERAL AND STATE) of the USA

Why can't you acknowledge that America is already bankrupted because of 4 years democratic wild spending.

The people voted in the Republicans this November to STOP THE INSANITY of this out of control Congress and the Obama administration and his Comrades in Arms.

They would be WISE to understand, We are WATCHING.

Anyone surprised?
No.

Republicans' deficit reduction platform, which may have helped catapult them into the majority, is about to run headlong into a hard reality: Many of their key policy goals will increase the deficit dramatically.
To get around this fact, they've included measures in their new rules package to exempt some of their biggest legislative priorities from deficit consideration. Among the exceptions, which the House is likely to consider in the 112th Congress, are the health care repeal bill (scheduled for a vote a week from Wednesday), the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts, an AMT patch, extending the estate tax, and more.
You can read more about the health care repeal side of this here. And more about the GOP's Calvinball rules here.
The health care law, according to the Congressional Budget Office, will reduce the deficit by $143 billion through the end of the decade, and more so in the decade after that. Thus, repealing the law will blow a similarly sized hole in the deficit.
Republicans wave this off.

GOP Exempts Deficit Busting Policies From New Budget Rules | TPMDC

Idiotec, you are a one-trick pony.

Your mantra is "if it's hard, it means it can't be done and you are arrogant to even try!"

The game plan is bankruptcy?

Whose game plan? I want names, and a link that shows there really is a consipiracy to bankrupt the US.

No one with an IQ over room temperature takes what the HuffPuff "reports" as anything more than partisan bullshit.

What's really funny... the OP is prone to hysteria over every sentence uttered by FNC... and yet apparently sees the HuffPuff as non-partisan. He's an intellectual lightweight. So are you if you accept this shit as fact.

Oh really ..

Wall Street Journal - House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started
Politics - WSJ.com: House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started

I know .. the Wall Street Journal is just a liberal rag. Who'd take them seriously.

Guess that makes you an idiot.

OH NO, REPUBLICANS DON'T BACKTRACK

Republicans Flip-Flop on Earmarks Issue

After realizing how difficult it will be to secure funding for projects such as fixing bridges and building water systems, Republicans in the House and Senate are having second thoughts about their votes in support of a blanket ban on earmarks.

Some are trying to redefine the term in order to give themselves wiggle room. GOP Rep. Jack Kingston said "we have gone one step further than we meant to go," while Rep. Michele Bachmann questioned how transportation gets funded without earmarks.

Meanwhile, left-leaning and libertarian commentators are having fun watching Republicans squirm as they "learn what the word ´Ban´ means," as Reason Magazine put it, while Outside the Beltway called the ban "purely symbolic and utterly pointless."

Tea Party Screwed By Republicans Again - Rand Paul Flip/Flops on Earmarks

Rand Paul Suggests He'll Fight For Earmarks He Earlier Promised To Ban
Political Truths: Tea Party Screwed By Republicans Again - Rand Paul Flip/Flops on Earmarks #p2 #tcot #teaparty

They all flipflop, backtrack, and outright lie.

Democrats, republicans .. they're all liars.

To jump and pretend offense because politicians are known liars is something one would expect from children and other people who don't know shit about politics.

Oh really ..

Wall Street Journal - House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started
Politics - WSJ.com: House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started

I know .. the Wall Street Journal is just a liberal rag. Who'd take them seriously.

Guess that makes you an idiot.

OH NO, REPUBLICANS DON'T BACKTRACK

After realizing how difficult it will be to secure funding for projects such as fixing bridges and building water systems, Republicans in the House and Senate are having second thoughts about their votes in support of a blanket ban on earmarks.

Some are trying to redefine the term in order to give themselves wiggle room. GOP Rep. Jack Kingston said "we have gone one step further than we meant to go," while Rep. Michele Bachmann questioned how transportation gets funded without earmarks.

Meanwhile, left-leaning and libertarian commentators are having fun watching Republicans squirm as they "learn what the word ´Ban´ means," as Reason Magazine put it, while Outside the Beltway called the ban "purely symbolic and utterly pointless."

Tea Party Screwed By Republicans Again - Rand Paul Flip/Flops on Earmarks

Rand Paul Suggests He'll Fight For Earmarks He Earlier Promised To Ban
Political Truths: Tea Party Screwed By Republicans Again - Rand Paul Flip/Flops on Earmarks #p2 #tcot #teaparty

They all flipflop, backtrack, and outright lie.

Democrats, republicans .. they're all liars.

To jump and pretend offense because politicians are known liars is something one would expect from children and other people who don't know shit about politics.

If you had the brain you were born with, you would know that I don't defend either side.... I occasionally defend an individual. Had the OP linked the the WSJ, I would have considered the source, but the OP is incapable of linking to anything other than the HuffPuff. I mock him, and his "source"... because both are ridiculous.

However, the new congress is yet to be seated so, we will see what they do. If they have not learned the lesson of November, they will pay the consequence. Simple.

Your so right.

The new members get sworn in today.

The Reps only have the House so lets just see what they can accomplish or try to accomplish.

Your so right.

The new members get sworn in today.

The Reps only have the House so lets just see what they can accomplish or try to accomplish.

That's my theory. I won't bother reading what media or 'expert' speculation. It's meaningless. What is important is how the new congress shapes up. I hope they realize it is 'our way or the high way'. I would quite like to see Dems taking the same line.... albeit with different people. They are responsible for keeping their reps in line. It will be interesting to see if liberals have the same size balls as the right.

So much noise from the peanut galleries. The House will change today, no amount of noise and shouts of hypocrisy will change that. There will be a bill introduced to repeal Obama Care. No amount of noise is going to stop it or get it to pass. It will not pass, the votes are not there. If by a miracle it did pass, Obama would veto it, there are not the votes to override.

The right complained about the "Demon Pass" while in minority, wanted rules change. The rules did not change, they won't now. Same might be said about the filibuster rule in the Senate, if it changes, it would only be 'one less weapon in the minority parties arsenal,' both parties know their time in that dreaded position will come again.

So hopefully these new folks will enjoy their day, get their pet projects proposed and out of the way and get to the real work.

I for one never expected that miraculously the deficit would be shrunk in the next few months. That Washington would suddenly be cleaned up and that the old boys would decide that the civic good should overcome partisanship and private enrichment on their parts.

I do expect the newly elected by an awakened electorate to be different. I for one will watch them and any of the others that might decide to join in for real change. They may not accomplish much, but am watching for consistency in what they do. The fact that the Republican leadership is having problems getting any of their new members on the Appropriations committee is giving me some hope.

Forum List

Back