House Democrats Push Back On Obama Plan To Cut Drug Prices

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
The Department of Health and Human Services is working toward finalizing a new rule that would experiment with ending the financial incentive doctors have for prescribing some extremely expensive medications. The rule has been well-received among some patient advocates, but congressional Democrats have been largely silent, while the pharmaceutical industry and medical community have waged an aggressive campaign to stop it.

When will the people we elect and send to Washington, when will these over paid, under performing welfare bastards do something anything for the working people of this nation? We the tax payers finance these pharmaceutical companies with financial grants for research and when the shit hits the market, we're the first mf's they want to stick it to. Every politician in Washington has puppet strings from these crooks and Bernie Sanders is the only candidate, he and Warren are the only people on the hill that want to protect consumers and the elderly and they're hated for it...And to add insult to injury we're picking the biggest champions for Wall Street to be our next president? I don't understand our reasoning on this......read on.

Bill Maher: Cancer drugs cost $10,000 a month

The Department of Health and Human Services is working toward finalizing a new rule that would experiment with ending the financial incentive doctors have for prescribing some extremely expensive medications. The rule has been well-received among some patient advocates, but congressional Democrats have been largely silent, while the pharmaceutical industry and medical community have waged an aggressive campaign to stop it.

When will the people we elect and send to Washington, when will these over paid, under performing welfare bastards do something anything for the working people of this nation? We the tax payers finance these pharmaceutical companies with financial grants for research and when the shit hits the market, we're the first mf's they want to stick it to. Every politician in Washington has puppet strings from these crooks and Bernie Sanders is the only candidate, he and Warren are the only people on the hill that want to protect consumers and the elderly and they're hated for it...And to add insult to injury we're picking the biggest champions for Wall Street to be our next president? I don't understand our reasoning on this......read on.

We the tax payers finance these pharmaceutical companies with financial grants for research

You think the government gives drug companies money for research? LOL!

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate, he and Warren are the only people on the hill that want to protect consumers and the elderly and they're hated for it...

I don't hate them for their stupidity. I do mock them because of it.......

I don't understand our reasoning on this......

The vastness of your lack of understanding approaches the size of the visible Universe.

• Banned

We the tax payers finance these pharmaceutical companies with financial grants for research

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate, he and Warren are the only people on the hill that want to protect consumers and the elderly and they're hated for it...

The vastness of your lack of understanding approaches the size of the visible Universe.

But pharmaceutical companies don't own up to the fact that you and I are already paying twice for new drugs. Not only do we pay high and rapidly-escalating purchase prices for them. We also pay through our taxes. You see, a portion of federal tax revenues goes to support drug research.
For example, eight of the 10 most popular drugs produced by one of America's largest pharmaceutical companies were developed at the National Institutes of Health, which is a huge taxpayer-funded research complex. Most of today's anti-cancer drugs also have come courtesy of the National Institutes of Health. Drug companies do research and development, of course. But they devote only 12-and-a-half percent of their incomes to it, on average. They spend more than twice that on advertising and marketing. Much of the rest is profit. And drug companies are very, very profitable. During the recent downturn, the nation's top 10 pharmaceutical companies reported a 33 percent increase in profits.

In the future, don't send for me unless I you call first. I don't make shit up.

But pharmaceutical companies don't own up to the fact that you and I are already paying twice for new drugs. Not only do we pay high and rapidly-escalating purchase prices for them. We also pay through our taxes. You see, a portion of federal tax revenues goes to support drug research.
For example, eight of the 10 most popular drugs produced by one of America's largest pharmaceutical companies were developed at the National Institutes of Health, which is a huge taxpayer-funded research complex. Most of today's anti-cancer drugs also have come courtesy of the National Institutes of Health. Drug companies do research and development, of course. But they devote only 12-and-a-half percent of their incomes to it, on average. They spend more than twice that on advertising and marketing. Much of the rest is profit. And drug companies are very, very profitable. During the recent downturn, the nation's top 10 pharmaceutical companies reported a 33 percent increase in profits.

But pharmaceutical companies don't own up to the fact that you and I are already paying twice for new drugs.

Why would they own up to your fantasy?

Not only do we pay high and rapidly-escalating purchase prices for them. We also pay through our taxes.

And you get useful, life saving drugs and the drug companies pay taxes on their profits.

For example, eight of the 10 most popular .....

Nice claim with no specifics behind it. And a bad link.

Most of today's anti-cancer drugs also have come courtesy of the National Institutes of Health.

Why aren't they marketing these drugs themselves then? Are they giving them to drug companies?
Selling them to drug companies? In either case, what are you bitching about?

But they devote only 12-and-a-half percent of their incomes to it, on average. They spend more than twice that on advertising and marketing.

What is the correct amount they should spend on R&D? On advertising? Why?

Much of the rest is profit. And drug companies are very, very profitable.

Pfizer, in fiscal 2015, had profit of $6.975 billion on sales of $48.851 billion. 14.28%
PFE Income Statement | Pfizer, Inc. Common Stock Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Merck, in fiscal 2015, had profit of $4.442 billion, on sales of $39.498 billion. 11.25%
MRK Income Statement | Merck & Company, Inc. Common St Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Since it takes over $1 billion to bring a new drug to market, this study says $2.6 billion, I don't think either number is too high.

Cost to Develop New Pharmaceutical Drug Now Exceeds $2.5B

In the future, don't send for me unless I you call first.

Don't post stupid shit, I won't point it out.

• Banned

But pharmaceutical companies don't own up to the fact that you and I are already paying twice for new drugs.

Not only do we pay high and rapidly-escalating purchase prices for them. We also pay through our taxes.

And you get useful, life saving drugs and the drug companies pay taxes on their profits.

Most of today's anti-cancer drugs also have come courtesy of the National Institutes of Health.

Why aren't they marketing these drugs themselves then? Are they giving them to drug companies?

But they devote only 12-and-a-half percent of their incomes to it, on average. They spend more than twice that on advertising and marketing.

Pfizer, in fiscal 2015, had profit of $6.975 billion on sales of $48.851 billion. 14.28%

Merck, in fiscal 2015, had profit of $4.442 billion, on sales of $39.498 billion. 11.25%

Since it takes over $1 billion to bring a new drug to market, this study says $2.6 billion, I don't think either number is too high.

You and I could google shit all day, mine are facts....yours is bullshit. Bottom line, the pharma industry always manages to have white hicks like you rallying their causes......12 billion in profits and they need you? Your too sad for words and oh by the way, facts to neo nut....really?

You and I could google shit all day, mine are facts....yours is bullshit. Bottom line, the pharma industry always manages to have white hicks like you rallying their causes......12 billion in profits and they need you? Your too sad for words and oh by the way, facts to neo nut....really?

mine are facts....yours is bullshit

LOL!

Bottom line, the pharma industry always manages to have white hicks like you rallying their causes..

Nigga please.

12 billion in profits and they need you?

Why do you feel they need me?

Your too sad for words

I realize my posts make you sad.

• Banned

LOL!

Bottom line, the pharma industry always manages to have white hicks like you rallying their causes..

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

Nothing about my comments are false.....now either deal with reality or shit and wipe, either way, your fuckin with the wrong bitch today, Todd. Cause the few nigga's that I know....all are dating some white bitch that you know!!

LOL!

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

Nothing about my comments are false.....now either deal with reality or shit and wipe, either way, your fuckin with the wrong bitch today, Todd. Cause the few nigga's that I know....all are dating some white bitch that you know!!

your fuckin with the wrong bitch today,

Why, because you're a moron?

Cause the few nigga's that I know....all are dating some white bitch

Is it because black women are less desirable?

• Banned

LOL!

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

No, its because today's nigga's don't feel value unless they have a mop in their beds. Less desirable? Really? 99.99% of everything on a white mop is fake, give me a beak. While your trying to throw shade at my black ass, you need to questioning how a nigga fresh out of prison on a fuckin bike with 1 flat tire, pants hanging to his nuts, with one good tooth can pull a blonde blue eyed mop head, when a successful corn fed Kansas white boy driving a Benz can't get laid without first blowing one up with a air pump....cha ching!!

LOL!

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

No, its because today's nigga's don't feel value unless they have a mop in their beds. Less desirable? Really? 99.99% of everything on a white mop is fake, give me a beak. While your trying to throw shade at my black ass, you need to questioning how a nigga fresh out of prison on a fuckin bike with 1 flat tire, pants hanging to his nuts, with one good tooth can pull a blonde blue eyed mop head, when a successful corn fed Kansas white boy driving a Benz can't get laid without first blowing one up with a air pump....cha ching!!

today's nigga's don't feel value unless they have a mop in their beds.

Sounds like niggas got issues.

Less desirable? Really?

You said it, based on the niggas you know.

LOL!

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

Less desirable? Really?

Toad, I mean Todd, listen going back and forth with you on who's what and why and how come is like listening to a Trump speech...same rhetorical bullshit, just a different fuckin day, so on that note, I bid you farewell...Life is too short to waste on brain dead dust balls

LOL!

Nigga please.

Your too sad for words

Less desirable? Really?

Toad, I mean Todd, listen going back and forth with you on who's what and why and how come is like listening to a Trump speech...same rhetorical bullshit, just a different fuckin day, so on that note, I bid you farewell...Life is too short to waste on brain dead dust balls

Run away, moron.

Less desirable? Really?

Run away, moron.

:night:

Less desirable? Really?

Run away, moron.

:night:

upload_2016-4-28_10-14-13.png

Forum List

Back