Hot Stove

Yep, both are correct.

Nick will play 1B on the few days they give Tex an off or DH day.

Granderson is the CF and Winn will play LF.

You guys got a gem in Randy Winn, I think. He's a good player.

Pitchers and catchers in about 3 weeks, boys and girls!

You gotta love baseball season, it's only off for just enough time to catch the exciting part of football season, and then as soon as football is done, baseball is right back again! :)

seems like Mauer is on the verge of signing a 10 year contract with the Twins

Details to follow I suppose. In the 200 million dollar range you would have to believe...10 years is way to long, no reason to sign someone more then 7 especially a catcher

seems like Mauer is on the verge of signing a 10 year contract with the Twins

Details to follow I suppose. In the 200 million dollar range you would have to believe...10 years is way to long, no reason to sign someone more then 7 especially a catcher

10 years is insane!

I do, however, admire Mauer's loyalty and desire to dance with the one who brought him there. You don't see enough of that these days at all.

I think its 10 years becaue Joe said 'hey, I can get more from NY in a year or so, make it worth my while to stay'.

So it's getting to be that time again, for this year's official baseball season thread.

A15 you wanna do the honors?

The Detroit Tigers and Justin Verlander have agreed to an $80 million, five-year contract, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity Wednesday night because the deal had not been announced. The person said the contract could be completed as soon as Thursday.

Report: Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers agree to five-year, $80 million contract - ESPN

If he picks up where he left off last season this is a great deal for Detroit.

I'd much rather have Verlander at 5/80 than John Fucking Lackey at 5/85, that's for sure.

Ack, John Lackey at 5/85 = :eusa_doh:

Gotta love Theo logic ...

He wont resign Jason Bay long term because of some imaginary problem with his knee despite every doctor who examined it saying it's fine, yet, he goes out and gives a 31 year old pitcher with a history of elbow problems, and hasn't thrown 200 innings in two years, a 5 year deal at above market value money.

Sheesh.

Forum List

Back