Hot Stove

Minaya might even be worse than Ed Wade, if that's possible.

Adrian Belte....

not a fan of that at all.

Mets interested in Carlos Delgado lmao. How the fuck does Omar have a job. He is awful

Adrian Belte....

Mets interested in Carlos Delgado lmao. How the fuck does Omar have a job. He is awful

I think I'm glad we got Polanco over Beltre.

But I'm going to make a very strange prediction right here and now: Beltre has a good year for the Sox in '10.

I'll be resurrecting this post whether I'm right or not. I'll wait til about June to get a good idea, and go from there.

I don't know why I think that, other than I think he's got something left and he's due. The other big contract was a lot of pressure. This time around all eyes are not on him, other than the 'nation'.

Adrian Belte....

But I'm going to make a very strange prediction right here and now: Beltre has a good year for the Sox in '10.

I'll be resurrecting this post whether I'm right or not. I'll wait til about June to get a good idea, and go from there.

I don't know why I think that, other than I think he's got something left and he's due. The other big contract was a lot of pressure. This time around all eyes are not on him, other than the 'nation'.

I heard the Phillies offered Beltre 3 years 24 million before they signed Polanco.

I HOPE he has a good year here in Boston. I want to be dead wrong about this guy but all I see is another steroids player from the Dominican falling off the cliff fast.

Adrian Belte....

I heard the Phillies offered Beltre 3 years 24 million before they signed Polanco.

I HOPE he has a good year here in Boston. I want to be dead wrong about this guy but all I see is another steroids player from the Dominican falling off the cliff fast.

So he turned down a guaranteed 24 mil for only 10 mil? That's retarded if you ask me.

But look at it like this. MLB GM's know, or at least have a real good idea, who's been on the juice. If YOU speculate that Beltre was juicing, I'm sure Theo and the Sox' front office has speculated that as well.

10 mil is pretty big. I would have to put trust in a usually good front office that they know what they're doing in this regard.

But that's only for someone like the Sox. If the Phils did this, I wouldn't feel the same way. I had JUST started trusting Pat Gillick, and then he retired. The Phils' FO has to re-earn all my trust again at this point.

This coming season will be Ruben Amaro's first real test.

Good luck to you with Beltre.

So he turned down a guaranteed 24 mil for only 10 mil? That's retarded if you ask me.

But look at it like this. MLB GM's know, or at least have a real good idea, who's been on the juice. If YOU speculate that Beltre was juicing, I'm sure Theo and the Sox' front office has speculated that as well.

10 mil is pretty big. I would have to put trust in a usually good front office that they know what they're doing in this regard.

But that's only for someone like the Sox. If the Phils did this, I wouldn't feel the same way. I had JUST started trusting Pat Gillick, and then he retired. The Phils' FO has to re-earn all my trust again at this point.

This coming season will be Ruben Amaro's first real test.

Good luck to you with Beltre.

From what I understand him and Boras are hoping this contract works out like the Kyle Loshe deal a couple of seasons ago where he turned down a multi-year deal at short money and signed a one year deal instead, performed well and was rewarded the very next off season.

If Beltre performs he will get paid and if he tanks he can always get another easy 5 million from Boston with his option. Another thing to consider is that this isn't Beltre's first time on the market and he made a lot of money playing in Seattle.

I do see your point ... Theo and Co. had to take into consideration anything that I could possibly think of and more. Believe me I would be a lot more upset had they signed him to the same deal Philly offered him. I can handle the one year with an option but I'm still not a fan.

Yeah I see what you mean about the 1 year with the option. Also, if he has a bad year, they can decline the option and possibly even pay LESS than the 5 mil and still re-sign him if they really wanted to for whatever reason.

This is low risk, potential high reward if you ask me.

Also I forgot, Amaro signed Ibanez, so he's earned a little trust from me at this point :lol:

Yeah I see what you mean about the 1 year with the option. Also, if he has a bad year, they can decline the option and possibly even pay LESS than the 5 mil and still re-sign him if they really wanted to for whatever reason.

This is low risk, potential high reward if you ask me.

Also I forgot, Amaro signed Ibanez, so he's earned a little trust from me at this point :lol:

Ibanez fit into that lineup like a glove.

Although he really didn't give us SHIT in the series.

I forgive him though. I enjoyed that series even though we lost. That was nothing even remotely close to the heart break that '93 was.

Yeah, '93 must've been a horror show for you. Trust me, I KNOW how that feels.

I was 13 and I cried for a good 5 minutes.

However you felt when Boone hit that HR, was probably similar to how I felt when Carter hit his.

I'm already fully prepared to cope with the inevitable Eagles choke this year :lol:

However you felt when Boone hit that HR, was probably similar to how I felt when Carter hit his.

I'm already fully prepared to cope with the inevitable Eagles choke this year :lol:

I broke up with my girlfriend at the time right after Boone hit the homerun. I was watching the game intensly and she decided to come by to see me ... the second she walked into the room Boone's bat hit the ball. I blamed her, kicked her out, and never spoke to her again. I'm much more rational (and sober) these days.

I broke up with my girlfriend at the time right after Boone hit the homerun. I was watching the game intensly and she decided to come by to see me ... the second she walked into the room Boone's bat hit the ball. I blamed her, kicked her out, and never spoke to her again. I'm much more rational (and sober) these days.

:rofl:

That's what you call being a baseball fan right there!

I like it :thup:

Still waiting to see who NY gets to play LF.

Posednik signed with the Royals today.

Rumor is Damon was oddered a ONE YEAR deal at only 6 million.

Johnny will probaly have to accept an invite to spring training from some team now.
Classic example of greed clouding judgement.

Forum List

Back