Hospice budgeting.

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
When in a hospice, they withdraw food and water, how many more days is the patient expected to live? And during this time, do they give drugs to the patient? If you don't pay for the drugs and they don't give it, then will the patient suffer?

When in a hospice, they withdraw food and water, how many more days is the patient expected to live? And during this time, do they give drugs to the patient? If you don't pay for the drugs and they don't give it, then will the patient suffer?
They give drugs. I'm sorry you'll have to be dealing with that.

Do you know the purpose of those drugs?

Morphine or Morphine-based, so they don't feel pain.

I suspect there are a range of reasons.

One is that people who are close to passing often are very anxious. They know what is coming.

The second is to generally keep them asleep so that they don't feel anything.

Forum List

Back