My Friend just went hospice

Vrenn

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2021
My Friend is at the end of his life. He's being administered Morphine but the pain is still unbearable. Some of us are trying to make things go painless in legally giving his major items to those that really need them. But we have a MAGAt that keeps trying to get him to sign a power of attorney leaving him all the rights. About 6 months ago, he tried doing that when Larry was in better health. I suggested that Larry just get a debit card against his checking account. He did that instead of the power of attorney. The MAGAt says that it's a living will. It's not.

I don't know what is legal and what isn't since the time is so short and the rest home will require payment. Usually, since Larry has no kin, they take his trailer and everything inside of it. Then there is the county who will be in charge of the disposition of both property and .........

The Magat is playing the old, "I got a cousin who is a lawyer" routine. None of us trust him as far as we can throw him. Greed is an ugly thing.

I am going to try and suggest that Larry wait until Hospice, the home and the county can tell us what is legal. Besides, I have been paying his rent and transporting him for the last year. But I don't want a thing. I don't need another car or car anything else he has. His last verbal (tonight) instruction was to give his car away and everything else. The car is the only thing of worth (outside of the trailer) that he has and the trailer is not to be given away. Whether it goes to the trailer court or to the medical community or the county, I don't know. But I did find a wounded Iraqi Veteran that cannot afford a car and that would be a fantastic home for the vehicle.

I see, firsthand, that MAGAts are not to be trusted and will take advantage of the sick. Luckily, I have some influence.

My Friend is at the end of his life. He's being administered Morphine but the pain is still unbearable. Some of us are trying to make things go painless in legally giving his major items to those that really need them. But we have a MAGAt that keeps trying to get him to sign a power of attorney leaving him all the rights. About 6 months ago, he tried doing that when Larry was in better health. I suggested that Larry just get a debit card against his checking account. He did that instead of the power of attorney. The MAGAt says that it's a living will. It's not.

I don't know what is legal and what isn't since the time is so short and the rest home will require payment. Usually, since Larry has no kin, they take his trailer and everything inside of it. Then there is the county who will be in charge of the disposition of both property and .........

The Magat is playing the old, "I got a cousin who is a lawyer" routine. None of us trust him as far as we can throw him. Greed is an ugly thing.

I am going to try and suggest that Larry wait until Hospice, the home and the county can tell us what is legal. Besides, I have been paying his rent and transporting him for the last year. But I don't want a thing. I don't need another car or car anything else he has. His last verbal (tonight) instruction was to give his car away and everything else. The car is the only thing of worth (outside of the trailer) that he has and the trailer is not to be given away. Whether it goes to the trailer court or to the medical community or the county, I don't know. But I did find a wounded Iraqi Veteran that cannot afford a car and that would be a fantastic home for the vehicle.

I see, firsthand, that MAGAts are not to be trusted and will take advantage of the sick. Luckily, I have some influence.
I find it sad that you have co-mingled your hatred of Trump supporters with your friend's impending death.

In this thread we see a OP who does not know shit from shinola about hospice care which Medicare pays for in the home.

Not a damn word about if he qualifies for Medicaid, which it sounds like he does....Something that he should have already been on given his reported limited resources.

They would pay for the out of home hospice facility unless he has over 2K (total) in the bank.....The car would have to be sold above the assessed value, not given away. Medicaid are pricks in that way, they go back seven years.

Damn, poor ol "Larry" is gonna have a tough row to hoe in his last days with some "influential" moonbat givin' him advice.

Last edited:
I find it sad that you have co-mingled your hatred of Trump supporters with your friend's impending death.

In this case, it's not hatred for rump, it's trying to do the right thing in regards to a dying comrade. But the bully only wishes to fill his own pockets. And yes, he's a Magat.

In this thread we see a OP who does not know shit from shinola about hospice care which Medicare pays for in the home.

Not a damn word about if he qualifies for Medicaid, which it sounds like he does....Something that he should have already been on given his reported limited resources.

They would pay for the out of home hospice facility unless he has over 2K (total) in the bank.....The car would have to be sold above the assessed value, not given away. Medicaid are pricks in that way, they go back seven years.

Damn, poor ol "Larry" is gonna have a tough row to hoe in his last days with some "influential" moonbat givin' him advice.

I will freely admit I don't understand any of this. My end of life is automatically covered including a hospice in the VA Hospital.

Larry is bad enough off that he can't go home. He needs 24/7 care.,

In this case, it's not hatred for rump, it's trying to do the right thing in regards to a dying comrade. But the bully only wishes to fill his own pockets. And yes, he's a Magat.
I'm sorry your friend is suffering. Would it make you feel better if the 'bully' was a Trump hater like you? Would that make any difference to your friend?

You have a friend dying and you are going after Trump supporters? I bet he appreciates that. Get some help.

I'm sorry your friend is suffering. Would it make you feel better if the 'bully' was a Trump hater like you? Would that make any difference to your friend?

You just don't get it. But Larry got the last laugh. He died last night. And the Bully MAGAt still doesn't know it.

Achieving legitimate medical POA is like playing whack-a-mole, because there's always someone crooked trying to get the whole pie. Always.

You just don't get it. But Larry got the last laugh. He died last night. And the Bully MAGAt still doesn't know it.
I'm so sorry! he should he made you POA?

no folks... When someone is dying-it's a very sad time... There's a ton of emotions- and anger and confusion- legally thur the system? The horrors the greed? and the infairness....

I'm so sorry! he should he made you POA?

no folks... When someone is dying-it's a very sad time... There's a ton of emotions- and anger and confusion- legally thur the system? The horrors the greed? and the infairness....
Yes and add to that the cruelty of extending a terminal person's life who is in terrible pain. That is basically torture.

Forum List

Back