horrible visit to the Dentist. My teeth are bad shape

What is a "Jewish wrapper"?

MC Dreidel?

I think you mean Hebrew wrappers?

The have Hebrew menus in Israel Chinese restaurants... Moo Shoo Pork isn't Jewish.

And hummus is the Arabic word for chickpeas, the main ingredient of hummus.

It has been eaten all over the Arab world for centuries.
The bagel is Jewish ??

Thats chump change!!
I assed up 40K in cash for my implants with no help from insurance except for the removal of teeth which was around a thousand bucks.
I've got about 30 grand in my teeth (no insurance). Best money I ever spent. Oral/dental health is crucial to health, wealth, and happiness.

Perhaps this should be taught in school.

I know a guy that had really bad gums and was losing teeth... he has spent thousands on crowns and implants... he finally dug deep and went for a full mouth replacement at one of those implant offices on TV...
He looks great they really look like natural teeth... I didn't ask but I bet it was $30,000 at least...
When I was 3 or 4 years old, I was given a medicine for severe bronchitus. The medicine ruined the enamel on my teeth. I had dental issues for decades. Then about 9 years ago I decided I was done with pain and problems. I got all my teeth removed and got dentures. Best thing that EVER happened to me.

When I was 3 or 4 years old, I was given a medicine for severe bronchitus. The medicine ruined the enamel on my teeth. I had dental issues for decades. Then about 9 years ago I decided I was done with pain and problems. I got all my teeth removed and got dentures. Best thing that EVER happened to me.

I dont regret going with implants at all.
My teeth were fucked up for decades after falling off a roof.
Bridgework worked for awhile but it eventually fails. And like you I was sick of all the dentist trips and the pain.
It took around six months for the whole implant procedure but now that it's done I couldnt be happier.
I can eat anything I want even beef jerky. And maintenance is pretty much non existent,go to the dentist once a year so they can clean around the titanium post and thats it.

Bridgework worked for awhile but it eventually fails. And like you I was sick of all the dentist trips and the pain.
It took around six months for the whole implant procedure but now that it's done I couldnt be happier.
I can eat anything I want even beef jerky. And maintenance is pretty much non existent,go to the dentist once a year so they can clean around the titanium post and thats it.

I looked into implants. But not having dental insurance, it was too expensive. I spent $3k on what I have.

I looked into implants. But not having dental insurance, it was too expensive. I spent $3k on what I have.

My dental insurance only covered the extractions which were around a thousand bucks.
The implants themselves were 40K and man did I not want to pay that much!!!
The Wife put it into perspective....you spend more than that on a new truck.
After looking at it that way I decided to just get it over with.

My dental insurance only covered the extractions which were around a thousand bucks.
The implants themselves were 40K and man did I not want to pay that much!!!
The Wife put it into perspective....you spend more than that on a new truck.
After looking at it that way I decided to just get it over with.

You made a good choice.

And wasn't it great to chug a glass of ice water and have the headache stop you instead of teeth?

You made a good choice.

And wasn't it great to chug a glass of ice water and have the headache stop you instead of teeth?

That it was.
When they were finally done the first thing I did was go get a box of Captain Crunch.
Ate the whole damn box even though I have type 2 diabetes.
When they remove all of the teeth you have to wear the implant teeth like dentures while your gums heal but you cant use adhesive because it'll tear out the stitches and tear open the recently healed incisions.
You always see those teeth in a week commercials about implants. Total Bullshit!!!

I've always thought that dentistry especially periodontics should be considered as essential healthcare just like heart health and should be covered on all health plans... teeth and gums are essential to good overall physical health...

I've always thought that dentistry especially periodontics should be considered as essential healthcare just like heart health and should be covered on all health plans... teeth and gums are essential to good overall physical health...

It absolutely is essential to healthcare. But, you know, forcing companies to pay for things for their employees is unAmerican.

AS you may know I have been super duper depressed since my crippling injuries

The last several months I have not taken care of myself.
I was eating a lot of candy bars and Jewish Candies ( HALVAH)

now I have several cavaties and F up teeth.

Very sad . I had a dental app on Monday afternoon in Henderson and I was given the bad news
Like everthing else, the Jooz fault ? "Halvah" via likktranzducilate : Insta profit for dentists. Created by dentists, for dentists.
Halvah nice day.
Salami

You might check out getting a 3D Cone Beam Scan of your jaw to make sure all those implants are safe. While my experience is different as I had two root canal teeth extracted because they were infected, my understanding is implants can cause similar problems.
Hidden Epidemic - Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD | The Remedy Room

1. Hope the dentist is able to get your teeth back into good condition.

2. People really should get their teeth cleaned at least once a year.

3. Yes, most dentists recommend every 6 months or even every 3 months.

4. Are some of those dentists money hungry? Probably in some cases.

5. The bottom line: Try to keep your teeth in good condition.

6. By the way, after brushing, we all naturally want to rinse our mouth with nice clean water. BUT I have read that some dentists disagree. Oh, sure, spit out any extra liquid. But supposedly it's a good idea to let the toothpaste stay on your teeth so that the fluoride can protect your teeth.

Last edited:
One of the great things about having store bought teeth is eating popcorn. No more husks stuck between my teeth!!

friend got implants ...she had to have three bone grafts and the implants took a while...she was in a car wreck when she was 15 and busted her jaw and front teeth came out....so for 56 years she has had teeth problems..finally she has her old smile back...i dont have the nerve to ask her how much it cost

Forum List

Back