Home Depot Founder Speaks To Obama Through Op-ed

A one year "transition"? Lets be clear about things. Grasso didn't leave the Stock Exchange because he wanted too. If it were his choice..he'd still be there now. (And Frankly..I would like to see him back).

I said at most one year.

If he took the job on the board in November, and then left the NYSE in February, thats 4 months, and would still account for dates. And would also be a reasonable transition period. I don't know, but I am not jumping on the OMG ONE YERE!!1! thing. I was unable to find the information, but I am not maxing out the time-frame either.

Sorry..and no disrepect. This does not address the conflict of interest issues.

I believe it does in the first case.

Not so much in the second, with CA.

What can you say about a regime that makes anyone who produces anything an enemy of the revolution?

What type of society is that?

Is there really a reason for such Hyperbole?

From your posts..and for the most part..you seem like an intelligent and reasonable person.

And sorry if this post is personal..but I've come to respect some of the things you post. And enjoy the discussion.

No, it's accurate. Every day they get up in the morning and figure out which private sector figures they need to trash to advance the revolution.

Health care, energy, retail, doesn't matter.

If you oppose them, they won't debate you, they'll smear you.

I said at most one year.

If he took the job on the board in November, and then left the NYSE in February, thats 4 months, and would still account for dates. And would also be a reasonable transition period. I don't know, but I am not jumping on the OMG ONE YERE!!1! thing. I was unable to find the information, but I am not maxing out the time-frame either.

Sorry..and no disrepect. This does not address the conflict of interest issues.

I believe it does in the first case.

Not so much in the second, with CA.

Well it does in both cases.

Madeline is insane. Who is a boycott going to hurt? Oh the employees of Home Depot, that's right.

As for buying American, I try, but I'm not paying double for the same product just because it's made in America.

As far as GM goes, if you were smart you'd buy a GM that way we get our money back faster. And who the hell can tell if a car is American or not anymore. Toyotas built in Mississippi, BMWs in Alabama, Fords in Mexico, GMs in Canada, etc etc.

What can you say about a regime that makes anyone who produces anything an enemy of the revolution?

What type of society is that?

From your posts..and for the most part..you seem like an intelligent and reasonable person.

And sorry if this post is personal..but I've come to respect some of the things you post. And enjoy the discussion.

No, it's accurate. Every day they get up in the morning and figure out which private sector figures they need to trash to advance the revolution.

Who is they?

Debate is the foundation of civil society.

Not raise taxes..but allow Bush tax cuts to expire. And it's 250k not 200.
Six vs. half a dozen.

And how do you qualify rich?
Rich includes the 49% of Americans who pay Federal income tax.

First off..the Bush tax cuts had no justification. None. And if you add in that the Bush administration larded brand new expenses to the taxpayers..this becomes acute.

And making 250K in my book..for the most part..is pretty rich. I make half that amount, in NYC..and am quite comfortable. I have a manhattan co-op..travel around the world and dine at expensive establishments.

It is 200k for a single person. Well off sure, but not rich. Obama and Biden keep talking about Tax cuts for Billionaires and the "super rich" and ignoring that the vast majority of people they want to raise taxes on are neither Billionaires or Super rich. They are the people that make just over 200k as a single person or 250k as a couple.

That is upper middle class, not rich!

Who is they?

Government, your regulatior, attacking you is debate?

Ever met anyone from Venezuela who thought they were escaping what was happening there? What do you think they'll tell you?

It is 200k for a single person. Well off sure, but not rich. Obama and Biden keep talking about Tax cuts for Billionaires and the "super rich" and ignoring that the vast majority of people they want to raise taxes on are neither Billionaires or Super rich. They are the people that make just over 200k as a single person or 250k as a couple.

Indeed.

Obama is encouraging class warfare among the middle class.

Who is they?

Government, your regulatior, attacking you is debate?

Ever met anyone from Venezuela who thought they were escaping what was happening there? What do you think they'll tell you?

Sorry..sharpen this up a little please...

I have met plenty of people from many lands.

Not sure what you are getting at.

First off..the Bush tax cuts had no justification. None. And if you add in that the Bush administration larded brand new expenses to the taxpayers..this becomes acute.
Progressive tax schemes are morally corrupt, creating perverse incentives. Any bill, including the tax cut, which lessens the impact of progressive taxation is justified, on moral grounds alone.

As to the wisdom of cutting taxes and increasing spending...that is another issue.

And making 250K in my book..for the most part..is pretty rich. I make half that amount, in NYC..and am quite comfortable. I have a manhattan co-op..travel around the world and dine at expensive establishments.
Do you honestly believe that your book should govern the entire United States? What divine revelation gives you the right to impress your standards upon the entire nation?

Why do you get to draw that line?

---

Right now, I make $3000/year. By my book, you should be giving me half of your salary. Give me $75k, now.

Last edited:

Indeed.

Obama is encouraging class warfare among the middle class.

His classist bullshit doesn't work unless he can get you to hate another segment of American Society.

And why..exactly?
Desire for political power and leftist education, respectively.

Obama imagines himself as a champion fighting evil global corporations, as divorced from reality this fantasy may be. Just listen to his rhetoric, it is clear.

Last edited:
Progressive tax schemes are morally corrupt, creating perverse incentives. Any bill, including the tax cut, which lessens the impact of progressive taxation is justified, on moral grounds alone.

As to the wisdom of cutting taxes and increasing spending...that is another issue.

Do you honestly believe that your book should govern the entire United States? What divine revelation gives you the right to impress your standards upon the entire nation?

Why do you get to draw that line?

---

Right now, I make $3000/year. By my book, you should be giving me half of your salary. Give me $75k, now.

He's the same as Obama. He thinks you'll equate taking down someone else with improving your lot.

Forum List

Back