Home Depot Founder Speaks To Obama Through Op-ed

Am I the only one amused by a succession of conservatives nodding their heads in agreement to a WSJ editorial pining for the low taxes and lax regulatory environment of the Carter years? There's got to be somebody else out there getting a kick out of this.

Maybe because Carter wasn't intentionally anti-business. He was just a buffoon.

Is this the same Home Depot who's board member Dick Grasso, ran the New York Stock exchange while they listed?

Yeah..no conflict of interest there..right?

How many of you buy American?

How often do you check that what you buy is manufactured, grown or produced in your own country?

Yes, we should support small, local business but firstly just fucking buy American.

That is a nice Idea and all, but the fact is Big Box Stores like Walmart for example. Allow Millions of Poorer people to live with a higher standard of living. By giving them access to cheap goods, most of which are not made here.

I buy American when I can, But I am not going to pay twice as much for Basic Necessities just so I can buy American, and neither are the Vast Majority of people.

How often do you check that what you buy is manufactured, grown or produced in your own country?

Yes, we should support small, local business but firstly just fucking buy American.

That is a nice Idea and all, but the fact is Big Box Stores like Walmart for example. Allow Millions of Poorer people to live with a higher standard of living. By giving them access to cheap goods, most of which are not made here.

I buy American when I can, But I am not going to pay twice as much for Basic Necessities just so I can buy American, and neither are the Vast Majority of people.

Exactly. I like many brand name products, but when the purse is light, I make do. It's how one lives to play another day.

Well, fine. Just don't fucking bitch about jobs moving overseas, or our manufacturing industry dying. The government ain't responsible - you are.

O ya. Support big businesses run by greedy rich assholes with no sense of patriotism.

Lemme sign right up for that.

Instead the administration has been bashing business and wondering why the economy is not recovering. That's not just hurting the administration, but hundreds of thousands, even millions of citizens. These folks need to go!

Well let's see. Which industry should we give more taxpayer dollars to? Which one should we ease off regulating? Oil? Banking? Airlines? Defense manufacturing? Pharmacueticals?

You find a Big International Conglomerate to worship and send me the dogma, Annie. I'll browse it, but so far, they all look like pond scum to me.

I'll just remind you sucker Americans of mine that we bailed out GM and they promptly built an 800 million dollar plant in Mexico. Thanks but no Thanks. I'll buy Toyota.

Is this the same Home Depot who's board member Dick Grasso, ran the New York Stock exchange while they listed?

Dick Grasso, NYSE CEO 1995-2003, on the board of directors for Home Depot 2002-2004.

One year overlap. At the most. Months aren't given, but I would bet it was under a year, and the overlap was caused by a transition period.

If you want to get into a conflict of interest with the same gentleman, this is your stick you can hit him with:

Dick Grasso NYSE CEO 1995-2003, on board of directors for Computer Associates 1994-2002...nearly the entire time he was CEO of the NYSE.

Richard Grasso

Computer Associates

O ya. Support big businesses run by greedy rich assholes with no sense of patriotism.

Instead the administration has been bashing business and wondering why the economy is not recovering. That's not just hurting the administration, but hundreds of thousands, even millions of citizens. These folks need to go!

Well let's see. Which industry should we give more taxpayer dollars to? Which one should we ease off regulating? Oil? Banking? Airlines? Defense manufacturing? Pharmacueticals?

You find a Big International Conglomerate to worship and send me the dogma, Annie. I'll browse it, but so far, they all look like pond scum to me.

You're quite missing the point. No businesses should be getting money. The government should stop demonizing. As for tax cuts/subsidies I suggest you wag your finger at the Congresspeople taking the money.

Interestingly enough, Home Depot is none of these.

Obama is crushing commerce with his anti-growth policies.

Yes, and the fallout of that is what's been trickling down on the people.

06.jpg

02.gif

01.gif

05.jpg

CLEARLY THIS KEN LANGONE clown did listen to Obamas promises.
The plan is social and economic justice and a world with out borders
Cant raise the pay of the poorest nations, so the next best thing?
A nation of unemployed .

Dick Grasso, NYSE CEO 1995-2003, on the board of directors for Home Depot 2002-2004.

One year overlap. At the most. Months aren't given, but I would bet it was under a year, and the overlap was caused by a transition period.

If you want to get into a conflict of interest with the same gentleman, this is your stick you can hit him with:

Dick Grasso NYSE CEO 1995-2003, on board of directors for Computer Associates 1994-2002...nearly the entire time he was CEO of the NYSE.

Richard Grasso

Computer Associates

What's the point here?

Both were conflicts.

And the contention is that Obama is not "business friendly" because he wants to introduce regulation that would keep this kind of behavior from happening.

Corporate governance..for lack of a better word..has been failing. And utterly failing.

They've been crying about regulation, and then when regulation is eased, they start the Tom Foolery that is self enriching and disasterous to the economy at large. And really, over the long term, this sort of thing bodes very badly for them.

Capitalism is really dependent on competition and a labor force with enough capital to buy goods and services - even perhaps invest in corporate entities. Monopolies and Obscenely wealthy elites are antithetical to that concept.

Interestingly enough, Home Depot is none of these.
Neither is Whole Foods, nor Emerson.

Imagine that - another strawman from Madeline. ;)

Richard Grasso

Computer Associates
Reminds me of poor Sanjay Gupta.

Richard Grasso

Computer Associates

What's the point here?

Both were conflicts.

And the contention is that Obama is not "business friendly" because he wants to introduce regulation that would keep this kind of behavior from happening.

Corporate governance..for lack of a better word..has been failing. And utterly failing.

They've been crying about regulation, and then when regulation is eased, they start the Tom Foolery that is self enriching and disasterous to the economy at large. And really, over the long term, this sort of thing bodes very badly for them.

Capitalism is really dependent on competition and a labor force with enough capital to buy goods and services - even perhaps invest in corporate entities. Monopolies and Obscenely wealthy elites are antithetical to that concept.

I don't consider a transition a "conflict of interest". I thought I made that clear.

The worship of the mega-rich in this country just stupifies me. How can any intelligent person actually believe in "trickle down"? "Pissed on" would be more like it.

"great recession" pushes gap between rich and poor to record levels: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

Unemployment Climbs in 27 States The Washington Independent

Are any of you really so fucking stupid you cannot connect the dots here?
Yeah, connect the dots...

Big business is suffering in an environment not favoring big business and unemployment is up.

It's not complicated, unless one is a hysterical lunatic unable to control one's emotions.

The worship of the mega-rich in this country just stupifies me. How can any intelligent person actually believe in "trickle down"? "Pissed on" would be more like it.

"great recession" pushes gap between rich and poor to record levels: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

Unemployment Climbs in 27 States The Washington Independent

Are any of you really so fucking stupid you cannot connect the dots here?
Yeah, connect the dots...

Big business is suffering in an environment not favoring big business and unemployment is up.

It's not complicated, unless one is a hysterical lunatic unable to control one's emotions.
She has a hard time keeping a civil tongue in her head .

Forum List

Back