Home Depot Founder Speaks To Obama Through Op-ed

I find it ironic that the communities that "hate" big-box-stores exclusively shop at them. Industry responds to consumers...shop only at tiny stores, and big-box-stores would disappear.

I've even seen well-off Long Island liberals, who rant and rave about evil corporatism, shop at Wal-Mart for the convenience!

Yeah, we well-off Long Island liberals like to shop at Wal-Mart especially when we're in the mood to watch fat women in sweatpants smack the crap out of their kids.
And make fun of how fat people are, yes?

I find it ironic that the communities that "hate" big-box-stores exclusively shop at them. Industry responds to consumers...shop only at tiny stores, and big-box-stores would disappear.

I've even seen well-off Long Island liberals, who rant and rave about evil corporatism, shop at Wal-Mart for the convenience!

Yeah, we well-off Long Island liberals like to shop at Wal-Mart especially when we're in the mood to watch fat women in sweatpants smack the crap out of their kids.

:cuckoo: Wow? Just how old are you, Clean? Seems you still need some maturity.

Corporate right wing tools are a fascinating group. They defend corporations over people as if they too were corporations. Actually I guess their defense is more like instructions from 'Chairman Corporation,' and thus they just post WSJ corporatist nonsense without wondering what motivates such horse manure.

But blaming Obama for your whatever that piece blames him for is just plain stupid. Obama didn't create the current economic situation, this was in the works for many years now. And if home depot were such a fabulous business, why are they complaining? Oh that's right the economy almost collapsed after republican rule. Guess he forgot that small piece.

Amazon.com: Taking the Risk Out of Democracy: Corporate Propaganda versus Freedom and Liberty (History of Communication) (9780252066160): Alex Carey: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

Looks like the depot isn't a saintly place to work? lol

"Home Depot settled the suit in September 2004 but denied any workplace misconduct.

"On or about Nov. 2, 2004, Home Depot sent the three settlement checks to Ms. Hainline. On Nov. 24, 2004, Ms. Hainline was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into alleged violations of Home Depot's alleged policies or practices," according to Monday's suit.

Home Depot fired her the following month "because she opposed discriminatory practices and participated in an EEOC proceeding," the suit said." Home Depot sued over firing - The Denver Post

"Home Depot, Kmart and Texaco are just a few of the many large, successful companies that have been slapped with lawsuits based on allegations of pay discrimination or employment law violations related to compensation and promotion practices. The EEOC has pursued discrimination charges while the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division has increased its investigations of minimum wage, overtime and child labor law violations." http://www.workinglife.org/wiki/New+Developments+In+Employee+Lawsuits++(Jan.+4,+1999)

Home Depot settles California wage case for $25.5 million | ajc.com

texaco?? link please that fascinates me...

Not raise taxes..but allow Bush tax cuts to expire. And it's 250k not 200.
Six vs. half a dozen.

And how do you qualify rich?
Rich includes the 49% of Americans who pay Federal income tax.

First off..the Bush tax cuts had no justification. None. And if you add in that the Bush administration larded brand new expenses to the taxpayers..this becomes acute.

And making 250K in my book..for the most part..is pretty rich. I make half that amount, in NYC..and am quite comfortable. I have a manhattan co-op..travel around the world and dine at expensive establishments.

define your concept of comfortable.

O ya. Support big businesses run by greedy rich assholes with no sense of patriotism.

Lemme sign right up for that.

I would respond to your post, but I do need to get down to Home Depot to pick up a few things for this winter. No better place for the variety of brands for my needs. I may stop off at Lowes on the way home.

This is awesome. I remember when Republicans were boycotting the "Homo" Depot for its pro gay policies.

'Homo Depot'? Chain hosts kiddie crafts at 'gay' fests

O ya. Support big businesses run by greedy rich assholes with no sense of patriotism.

I would respond to your post, but I do need to get down to Home Depot to pick up a few things for this winter. No better place for the variety of brands for my needs. I may stop off at Lowes on the way home.

This is awesome. I remember when Republicans were boycotting the "Homo" Depot for its pro gay policies.

I remember that too.

Just as silly and stupid.

Like I'm a republican. :eek:

Instead the administration has been bashing business and wondering why the economy is not recovering. That's not just hurting the administration, but hundreds of thousands, even millions of citizens. These folks need to go!
Wait till Jan. 1 when taxes go up and SMALL BUSINESS gets hit. Obama, the chaves wanna be.

Hmm Home depot is run by a whiney ass?
he complained not when they made record profits due to the housing bubble.

Hmm Home depot is run by a whiney ass?
he complained not when they made record profits due to the housing bubble.

He wasn't CEO then or now.

:eusa_shhh:

Exactly. He also wasn't whining about effects on Home Depot, as much as observing the climate now would make such a venture impossible. That's not good for the economy.

Umm the piss poor economy is causing the climate, not the other way around.

He wasn't CEO then or now.

:eusa_shhh:

Exactly. He also wasn't whining about effects on Home Depot, as much as observing the climate now would make such a venture impossible. That's not good for the economy.

Umm the piss poor economy is causing the climate, not the other way around.

We disagree. So do most business disagree with you. The unpredictability of this administrations policies and attempts at policies is not bringing confidence in the future. When that is restored, gold will go down and inflation will probably go way up, not just food and energy.

Umm tax rates are cheaper now than before. Usually the state and locality where a store is built gives them low or no taxes to locate there.

The reason they cannot open new stores now is low demand for building products because of the recession.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back