Holy Fuck-A-Moly! I'm lucky to be posting here today

daveman back as a sock? You are all so transparent.
You've seen me here for years using my own name, your picture is of Biden, but you're not supposed to turn into him.
6rq8sn.jpg

You mean like the:

Behringer Model D Synthesizer​

Or

Behringer Odyssey Analog Synthesizer​

behringer odyssey analog synthesizer 1

Or:

Behringer Poly D Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer​

behringer poly d polyphonic analog synthesizer 1

Or:

Behringer MonoPoly 4-voice Analog Synthesizer​

behringer monopoly 4-voice analog synthesizer 1

Or:

Behringer DeepMind 6 37-key 6-voice Analog Synthesizer​

behringer deepmind 6 37-key 6-voice analog synthesizer 1

You mean those?
4i6Ckte.gif

Or do you mean one of the other 20+ keyboards they've released?

You're not smart.

You mean like the:

Or

Or:

Or:

Or:

You mean those?
4i6Ckte.gif

You're not smart.
I just bought me a casio ctx5000 keyboard. Anyways.. I guy melted down on me because I didn't buy a Yamaha. Oh he says- that's just a toy. Hoot. to HIM!
I get the thing... and I'm like what? Thought I was trying to figure out running a space shuttle. The direction manual looked like latin to me. So now I have this keyboard way over my level. it has a beautiful sound - and i can play a pretty good tune.. but i'll nevah figure out what that baby could really do. :D

I just bought me a casio ctx5000 keyboard. Anyways.. I guy melted down on me because I didn't buy a Yamaha. Oh he says- that's just a toy. Hoot. to HIM!
I get the thing... and I'm like what? Thought I was trying to figure out running a space shuttle. The direction manual looked like latin to me. So now I have this keyboard way over my level. it has a beautiful sound - and i can play a pretty good tune.. but i'll nevah figure out what that baby could really do. :D
He probably gets a bigger commission from selling Yamaha. That Casio looks fun. Arranger keyboards in general are a lot of fun. I can't use them, because the end result sounds a little too canned for me. Almost like Karaoke tracks. I bought the Korg Pa-4X a few years ago - it's a $4500 arranger, their top one - but sent it back after two weeks, much to my sales guy's dismay. It just didn't do it for me, especially the pianos. I had assumed incorrectly that at $4500 it would include the pianos and electric pianos from their flagship synthesizer, the Korg Kronos. But I came to find out that their synths are made in Japan and the arrangers are made in Italy and they don't share tech or sounds.

Look up some YouTube videos for that Casio. Arrangers are very daunting, but the videos will help. You'll have fun with it. Good luck! If there's anything I can help with let me know.

I was poking fun at him owning an old Casio which sounded like toys, the newer models actually are considered by some to have the better piano sounds and have pretty good work stations.
The good thing about not fully knowing your keyboard functions, is that you'll always find something new you can do thus expanding your creativity and progressing your sound.

You mean like the:

Or

Or:

Or:

Or:

You mean those?
4i6Ckte.gif

You're not smart.
You'd think a synth addict would know what a "mini synth" is that Behringer was "*recently" promising.
Don't you know what mini means?
Everytime you look down in the shower, that's a mini.

*the Odessy was released 4 yrs ago, that's not recent, it seems like an eternity stuck in the Biden Era.
😱

Last edited:
I was poking fun at him owning an old Casio which sounded like toys, the newer models actually are considered by some to have the better piano sounds and have pretty good work stations.
The good thing about not fully knowing your keyboard functions, is that you'll always find something new you can do thus expanding your creativity and progressing your sound.
years ago- dear gawd! This is going back years. At that time I bought one of the first ones- In it's day- it cost me hundreds... like 6- 7 hundred.... it was heavy- and considered the instrument of its its day.. casio? It was a great instrument... simple- but in my opinion? I prefer casio compared to yamaha? i think casio has a much more sexy sound! deeper and much better! it's sitting in my closet- middle c- f-up..

years ago- dear gawd! This is going back years. At that time I bought one of the first ones- In it's day- it cost me hundreds... like 6- 7 hundred.... it was heavy- and considered the instrument of its its day.. casio? It was a great instrument... simple- but in my opinion? I prefer casio compared to yamaha? i think casio has a much more sexy sound! deeper and much better! it's sitting in my closet- middle c- f-up..
My bucket list is playing songs with a buzz on- but i really do have an audience.. i..have two dogs- that always come out and sit me beside me the chair... they like it!!!!- I have always thought- between the two brands- The Yamama to be much more sounding like tin? nexy year i will buy one and see- not much diff?

Last edited:
He probably gets a bigger commission from selling Yamaha. That Casio looks fun. Arranger keyboards in general are a lot of fun. I can't use them, because the end result sounds a little too canned for me. Almost like Karaoke tracks. I bought the Korg Pa-4X a few years ago - it's a $4500 arranger, their top one - but sent it back after two weeks, much to my sales guy's dismay. It just didn't do it for me, especially the pianos. I had assumed incorrectly that at $4500 it would include the pianos and electric pianos from their flagship synthesizer, the Korg Kronos. But I came to find out that their synths are made in Japan and the arrangers are made in Italy and they don't share tech or sounds.

Look up some YouTube videos for that Casio. Arrangers are very daunting, but the videos will help. You'll have fun with it. Good luck! If there's anything I can help with let me know.
You have to change the GM tones to better sounds in your midi arrangement on the Korgs to sound less Karaoke accompaniment-less choir and pad sounds. The problem is however, once you push play it resorts back to the midi composed instruments, so the trick is push play & quickly pause then change the tones to more palatable sounds.
On the Rolands the trick is in system edit turn off all the midi settings that change all aspects based on the midi composition otherwise it changes your track volumes, sounds, sound sets, and other headaches after you get your sound sets perfect.

Yeah I hate my Yamaha, never midi syncs, & the sampling both are not as advertised and sound designing is labor intensive, never saves the result without memory banking the sound- which is hit or miss saving.
I don't even have it on my 3 tier rack anymore.

Yeah I hate my Yamaha, never midi syncs, & the sampling both are not as advertised and sound designing is labor intensive, never saves the result without memory banking the sound- which is hit or miss saving.
I don't even have it on my 3 tier rack anymore.
as far as sound- I think it sounds bit more like tin... but just like anything else- it has the most propaganda? The best.... just saying... not ever having one-I have no idea what you are talking about.. saying. BUT I trust your opinion.;)

It can sound like a whole band. I used to have a cheap one and it could be set to play chord progressions and background melodies and

all kinds of stuff. I could have a blues progression preset or 2. :aargh:

Mainly I used it for a metronome when the wind-up one died or to practice piano fingering.

My bucket list is playing songs with a buzz on- but i really do have an audience.. i..have two dogs- that always come out and sit me beside me the chair... they like it!!!!- I have always thought- between the two brands- The Yamama to be much more sounding like tin? nexy year i will buy one and see- not much diff?
Do they sing along? I had an aunt whose dog would sing along. It was hilarious!

Do they sing along? I had an aunt whose dog would sing along. It was hilarious!
lol- no they come up in the chairs- every time- and sit beside me- and each one has favorite song.
When I nail the song without a mistake- tip off my hat- I do appreciate my audience. hahahahaha.. I am a star to them! :D
no- those keyboards are way far more advanced now...
I know a guy who says... Cyndi- an instrument doesn't make a good musician... he's right in a way- but a fancy guitar sure does help. or a keyboard. LOL

You mean like the:

Or

Or:

Or:

Or:

You mean those?
4i6Ckte.gif

You're not smart.
Zero of those have any tubes. Well, I'd bet $2 they don't.

lol- no they come up in the chairs- every time- and sit beside me- and each one has favorite song.
When I nail the song without a mistake- tip off my hat- I do appreciate my audience. hahahahaha.. I am a star to them! :D
no- those keyboards are way far more advanced now...
I know a guy who says... Cyndi- an instrument doesn't make a good musician... he's right in a way- but a fancy guitar sure does help. or a keyboard. LOL
None of that helps if your talent isn't good enough.

iu

Forum List

Back